• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Might give them both a try if I'm not too occupied with work as I can only fit in 1-2 episodes in my weekdays if busy. I want to add Working!!! too but I still haven't watched the first two seasons so maybe I should rectify that.
I did the same recently since I had only watched season 1 and it was good fun. Season 3 should be great fun too, and this season specifically might give romantic closure to some of the characters in the cast too, so there's that.

Cornbread78

Off the top of my head, there's a bunch of slice of life like Charlotte, but Classroom Crisis specifically has "romance" as one of its genres. I'm giving it a shot

Those are the only ones I'm really looking forward to, but if Tu Love Ru and Monster are on Crunchyroll, I might check them out as well.

Narag

Wanted to get more in today but I don't feel too hot so cut it short.

Hidamari Sketch 7
nmyFWS1l.png
lol my reaction to the landlord was exactly like Yuno's. I kept wondering who the hell that was. The whole dessicant pack catching fire when wet thing had been a fun running thread through this as it carried the ring of friends sharing some sort of urban myth.

HIdamari Sketch 8
I'll say I found the early deadline talk immensely relatable. Otherwise it was just sort of pleasant to watch with the nice surprise of what Yuno was painting. I mean I should have realized but I didn't so it left a smile on my face.

Wanted to get more in today but I don't feel too hot so cut it short.

Hidamari Sketch 7

lol my reaction to the landlord was exactly like Yuno's. I kept wondering who the hell that was. The whole dessicant pack catching fire when wet thing had been a fun running thread through this as it carried the ring of friends sharing some sort of urban myth.

HIdamari Sketch 8

I'll say I found the early deadline talk immensely relatable. Otherwise it was just sort of pleasant to watch with the nice surprise of what Yuno was painting. I mean I should have realized but I didn't so it left a smile on my face.
This warms my heart.

Think I'll start Oremonogatari and Gatchaman since people seem to think highly of them.

I tried to watch Prisma Ilya but as soon as I hit play I heard police sirens in the distance and got scared.
Make sure you watch it behind seven proxies next time

It's cool to see so many people getting pumped for Charlotte. Hopefully PA Works delivers. I am ready for the feels.

Oremonogatari 13

I really like this episode. I think bringing Oda in was a good way to shake up things. I don't know why people think this episode is more of the same. Especially with that ending. Looks like next episode is gonna end up hurting someone. It's unavoidable.

I am actually a little concerned about Prison School.

The manga has this really weird sense of humor to it that I don't know can translate well in an animated form. But it should be interesting nonetheless to see JC Staff attempt to do it. The manga really rides the line but always manages to pull off it's antics well (for the most part). Soma translated well enough and was also done by JC Staff, but this is something else entirely...

Edit: Aww crap. Sorry about the double post.

Gintama - 278
Poor seita-kun ,

He did his best , but couldn't avoid the most dangerous hurdle while going to school.

Ah gintama treatment of all his side characters is magnificent .
i can now go to sleep with a smile on my face !

Cornbread78

Itazura na Kiss ep. 9-16:
tumblr_mm4d5pYQpl1rw6e41o1_500.gif

While this gif is a rare funny moment for this series, there have been a ton of feels and happenings in the past few episodes. It's great to actually watch relationship development for once rather than the normal harem embarrassed stuff normally portrayed. This anime is well into the college and adult life at this point and is doing a great job at keeping the viewer engaged. There have been done romantic moments, some drama, some dashed dreams and the best pimp smack I've seen in an anime ever. I can't wait to see how this one ends because it is pretty damn good..

Midonin

If I have one wish for Concrete Revolutio, it's that one thing that happened with Samumenco and Twintails doesn't happen. Yes, tokusatsu is weird. You know it's weird. I know it's weird. But if we can take Marvel seriously - Iron Man and Captain America are essentially Kamen Riders, in different ways - then this can be taken seriously, or at least respectfully. Suspend disbelief and go with the flow.

I have as much idea of what the show will be like as anyone else, but this is my home genre. A little respect (and cultural context) goes a long way.

It has a good production staff, chances are it will be decently watchable

I must've imagined it, but when the anime was announced I was under the impression that Madhouse was doing it and that's when I was excited. When I learned that JC Staff was doing it took my hype down a bit. Not that JC Staff are bad, they are actually a really great studio, I am just unsure at the moment.

And honestly the perverted stuff isn't where the magic lies. It's when the shit gets weird with the monologues and the art.

This is very true. The ridiculous lines some of the characters say and the things they do are pretty funny and great. The art is also really cool and I want to see how that translates. It is one of those mangas where the art would jump around and it would still enhance the overall product because of how it was used. How this is storyboarded and animated will determine how this turns out.

Puruzi

Banned
It's really hilarious that gangsta came out today and still no subs. RIP summer because Funi got everything

Your Lie in April 12-13 [REWATCH]

If there is anything (and this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel) that I don't like about Your Lie in April, it's the second OP. Not that it's bad, it's actually pretty good. But not as good as the first OP. Sooo good. I forgot about the feels in episode 13 and man did it kinda hit me all at once. I don't remember having any major feels during these two episodes but I did this time. It does a good job of setting everything up and preparing you for what is to come in the last arc of the show. I am all feels and smiles right now. This just reinforces my opinion of this show and solidifies it on how high it is on my "Favorite Animes Ever" list.

Edit: You saw... nothing...

Jex

I'm glad that Funi have so many shows this season because, I imagine, they're all going to get subbed as fast as Gangsta.

I won't believe it was a christian-like anime review if it didn't say "Us anime folks are persecuted over our love for tiny 1000 year old dragons"

Lol.

You make one mistake.... :p

Lol, I made the same mistake last week. I loved that bicycle scene btw. Excellent park. Actually, the school festival with
rivals lil' sis
was great..

Not quite there yet, but yes the bike scene is really great.

Also, careful with the spoilers. There are a few people on here who are actually going to start watching the show soon. So I want to make sure they go into the show as spoiler free as possible. That's why selecting which photos to use is getting harder and harder. I already watched episode 14 and I could only use photos from like two scenes because the rest of them spoil a plot point. Which is why I have been so vague with each episode and am not posting any spoilers in case someone accidentally clicks on them. At least not until a full review impression. Then I will go spoiler crazy. :)

Quasar

What people want Prison School to be:
opjVOTU.gif

The most likely reaction when all is said and done:
large.gif

Heh. I'm just curious to see how its adapted. The early stuff the anime will use isn't even the stuff that I really liked so even if its a perfect adaptation I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it.

Its curiousity with Love-Ru as well. And with that I wonder if the screen will just be all white all the time outside the credits.

Gintama 151-152

Hey, I actually like this new OP and ED.

These episodes were hilarious. The part where Kagura cuts off the Shogun's mage and it holds for 5 seconds on them looking at it before breaking to commercial is amazing.

Your Lie in April 14-15 [REWATCH]

The feels. They are coming on too quick. I watched this before. How is this still hitting me like it's the first time. Damn. This show is just that well put together I guess. I remember when I first watched these particular episodes I liked Tsubaki but didn't really appreciate her character as much as I do now. Now I understand her plight a little more. Just a little. And boy what a difference that little bit makes. I love this show way too much.

cajunator

Banned
Rather uncharacteristically, Rightstuf has not shipped anything that came out june 30th to me yet. This is highly unusual.

Cornbread78

Lol.

Not quite there yet, but yes the bike scene is really great.

Also, careful with the spoilers. There are a few people on here who are actually going to start watching the show soon. So I want to make sure they go into the show as spoiler free as possible. That's why selecting which photos to use is getting harder and harder. I already watched episode 14 and I could only use photos from like two scenes because the rest of them spoil a plot point. Which is why I have been so vague with each episode and am not posting any spoilers in case someone accidentally clicks on them. At least not until a full review impression. Then I will go spoiler crazy. :)

Oh I know, lol. I spoiled so many thing for myself by doing image searches during series.. uggh.

Blue Spring Ride
It's a cute little shoujo show that doesn't go anywhere in particular but there were some nice moments. Yoshioka was pretty cute. I does take a somewhat interesting concept of taking two kids that liked each but grew very distant and changed but after they form the group, it doesn't take anything from the concept. There are moments of drama but they don't particularly hold very long and are pretty typical. The ending definitely feels unresolved though focusing a subplot with Mabuchi rather than Yoshioka getting her love across

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom