• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

There's nothing more edgy then hipsters who have to pretend they like shit designs and post smart ass comments after getting triggered, because they cant accept that people think something looks bad. All that missing in your post, is you calling me a "Genwunner" and thanking "based GameFreak" for the best new gen ever!

I don't have a problem with you thinking they look bad at all. If all you'd said was that you didn't like it, i wouldn't have responded.
The response you got was from your insinuation that anything not 'badass' was for 'toddlers', which makes you as bad as the people you're trying to paint me as. If you don't like the taste of this medicine I suggest you don't try to give it to other people, and especially don't try to get on your high horse after being guilty of what just offended you :p

There's nothing more edgy then hipsters who have to pretend they like shit designs and post smart ass comments after getting triggered, because they cant accept that people think something looks bad. All that missing in your post, is you calling me a "Genwunner" and thanking "based GameFreak" for the best new gen ever!

go check out Uranium, they only have "BADASS" pokemon!
the rest of us enjoys the great designs they've shown so far.

Siege.exe

Reminder that Electric Terrain and Rain can exist at the same time. Super fast and accurate Thunder w/some potential Ground coverage if A-Raichu learns Surf.

This. Some of you are in here acting like weather wasn't super dominant in the past. This thing is gonna be running around at 2x speed with 100 accuracy Life Orb/Choice Spec STAB Thunders, and it's gonna hurt.

Wishiwashi's evolution leaked.

CpiJeGuXgAU-Iwk.jpg:large

ryan13ts

The way these forms work, if they added an Alolan Pikachu, that'd be the only Pikachu you'd get in the game, aside from trades with other games/PokeBank. They aren't temporary power ups, but basically different Pokemon. It makes sense to keep the standard design for Pikachu and mess around with the less popular Raichu.

Alola forms being the only one you can get in this game isn't a problem due to GTS, Pokebank and other means of getting the standard forms. They also are giving these forms to other pre-evolutions like Sandshrew and Vulpix, in addition to the final evolutions, so there's really no reason Pikachu can't get one as well.

Village

...I'm sure you don't, all things considered :p
Yeah
Like most people who are vaugley aware of comic book...anything they like batman and its related characters.

Along with that i am beyond trying to back handly justify what I like.

Cool shit is cool. Cool pokemon are cool. Thats all it really needs to be.

So if you decide to evolve your Pikachu in this game, this is who you'll get no matter what?
People have already answered this in a few posts before me, but I think it's worth saying that the easiest way to understand the alola forms is to think in terms of these new forms being essentially new pokemon that are like cousins to the older species. As such your old pokemon won't change :D

Dystify

Is that person going to upload more clips or just Wishiwashi?

The leaker seems to be done for now, as they noted "bye bye" in the post with their last leaked image. The full trailer should officially reveal on the 12th anyway, if I recall correctly.

woodland

Came in to laugh at the guy who wanted to avoid spoilers when this thread is as vague a possible in the title, along with saying I don't really like the Raichu form. Love surfing Pikachu, wish we got water/electric Pikachu & Raichu instead.

Rest of the leaked stuff is great, keep em coming.

Atlantis

This. Some of you are in here acting like weather wasn't super dominant in the past. This thing is gonna be running around at 2x speed with 100 accuracy Life Orb/Choice Spec STAB Thunders, and it's gonna hurt.

Electric Terrain also increases the damage of Electric moves by 50%.

udivision

People have already answered this in a few posts before me, but I think it's worth saying that the easiest way to understand the alola forms is to think in terms of these new forms being essentially new pokemon that are like cousins to the older species. As such your old pokemon won't change :D

I think only if your pikachu is from Alola.

unless you import your Pikachu from other regions.

If it's a Pikachu/Pichu that was caught in Sun/Moon then yeah, most likely.

Thanks, makes sense.

NeonZ

Alola forms being the only one you can get in this game isn't a problem due to GTS, Pokebank and other means of getting the standard forms. They also are giving these forms to other pre-evolutions like Sandshrew and Vulpix, in addition to the final evolutions, so there's really no reason Pikachu can't get one as well.

If they did that, then it'd make it hard for someone who's just playing Sun & Moon to get a standard Pikachu. Yeah, it'd be no problem for veteran players, but these games are always designed with first time players in mind too. Pokemons like Vulpix and Sandshrew aren't comparable at all with the franchise's mascot.

Kinsei

Banned
The leaker seems to be done for now, as they noted "bye bye" in the post with their last leaked image. The full trailer should officially reveal on the 12th anyway, if I recall correctly.

I guess I can stop F5ing the Youtube channel.

If they did that, then it'd make it hard for someone who's just playing Sun & Moon to get a standard Pikachu. Yeah, it'd be no problem for veteran players, but these games are always designed with first time players in mind too. Pokemons like Vulpix and Sandshrew aren't comparable at all with the franchise's mascot.

That's why this is Alolan Raichu and not Alolan Pikachu.

brinstar

It's possible, but they've already showed Pichu and Pikachu in this game and they looked the same. They've also shown that it's regular Exeggcute in this game and that it evolves into Alolan Exeggutor.

Yeah
Like most people who are vaugley aware of comic book...anything they like batman and its related characters.

Along with that i am beyond trying to back handly justify what I like.

Cool shit is cool. Cool pokemon are cool. Thats all it really needs to be.
You don't have to justify what you like, that was never the point of my post to begin with. Instead I was just being harsh to someone who said that the 'non-badass' stuff was to appeal to toddlers because I get tired of people pissing on cute stuff sometimes :3
I'm not about to jump down someone's throat because they don't share my sense of taste... but if they talk down to it enough then every now and then I'm going to spit some venom :p

Yes, people should stop using words to express how they personally feel about something - especially if it is negative.

Aloha Ninetales' design at least properly applies the idea "what if it were an ice fox instead?". What can you say about Raichu? "Uh, well it's Fairy sub type, I guess make the sharp bits softer?"

You can not like whatever you want, just don't be alarmed when people find you abrasive.

Also I guess your mind is made up about it but the reduction isn't that simple. In fact, it usually never is with a Pokemon design. So no your defense of why Alolan Raichu is worse than Alolan Ninetails doesn't really hold.

Macka

There's every chance Raichu's stats have been tinkered with, and it might have lost some of that base 110 speed to help out its offense. In which case...well it's still not great because I really can't see it being worth setting up Electric Terrain for Raichu of all things.

Imagine if Ash caught a female Alola Meowth and Team Rocket's Meowth fell in love with it.
Everytime they get together Ash's Meowth uses her charms to trick Rocket's Meowth to help her out.

Ash needs a devious Dark type on his team.

RagnarokX

Lead with Raichu-A and Tapu Koko. Switch out Tapu Koko immediately for Politoed with Drizzle. Have Raichu-A use magnet rise.

Raichu-A becomes the fastest pokemon in the game with 100% accurate 165 power thunder and immune to ground moves.

ryan13ts

You can't forget though that trading is a huge core of the Pokemon games and always has been. With internet being literally everywhere now, trading online to get a standard form isn't really an issue at all, not to mention doing it the old fashion way. Even these games will have version exclusives that you can't get in just one game, so trading will be necessary if you see a Pokemon in another version that you really want.

Dryk

Electric Terrain also boosts the power of Electric attacks 1.5x.

Lead with Raichu-A and Tapu Koko. Switch out Tapu Koko immediately for Politoed with Drizzle. Have Raichu-A use magnet rise.

Raichu-A becomes the fastest pokemon in the game with 100% accurate 165 power thunder and immune to ground moves.

You probably wouldn't even need to invest heavily in speed due to the ability, meaning you could put more evs into its bulk

Sandfox

There's every chance Raichu's stats have been tinkered with, and it might have lost some of that base 110 speed to help out its offense. In which case...well it's still not great because I really can't see it being worth setting up Electric Terrain for Raichu of all things.
I think it's going to be gimmicky, but Alola Raichu under ET is a threat and if you run Tapu Koko it requires no set up besides sending him.

Does Electric Terrain stack with Sun/Rain? If it does, there's some pretty potent teams you could make.

For example: Ludicolo/Victreebel/Venusaur with Nature Power get Thunderbolt if Electric Terrain is up. Put Raichu A with them and you have the new doubles meta right there.

Ok so, we got a Double Battle with Tapu Koko and Alolan Raichu. Electric Terrain is on the field, so that's a 50% power boost to Electric type attacks. Tapu Koko's got a move that can half an enemy's HP. Alolan Raichu's Speed is doubled in addition to the power boost.

Slap a Rain Dance on there (assuming it can still be used in combination with terrains in Gen 7), and you've got 100% accurate Thunder attacks. Add on top of that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alolan Raichu can learn Surf, and I would crack up if it also learns Zap Cannon. I really wanna see this thing in action now :p

Does Electric Terrain stack with Sun/Rain? If it does, there's some pretty potent teams you could make.

For example: Ludicolo/Victreebel/Venusaur with Nature Power get Thunderbolt if Electric Terrain is up. Put Raichu A with them and you have the new doubles meta right there.

Electric Terrain does stack with weather. Another possible combination is ET + Thunder + Rain.

Sandfox

You will probably be going for fake out more often than not assuming you would want to lead with Raichu over Politoed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Why even bother with Magnet Rise? waste of a turn; Raichu is pretty frail and if Alolan Raichu is similar you won't really need to use SE to take it down adequately. I'd juts focus on throwing out Life Orb'd Thunders with, what 120*1.5*1.5*1.3=351 power after STAB and Electric Terrain and Life Orb? That's brutal as fuck.

Kinsei

Banned
Ok so, we got a Double Battle with Tapu Koko and Alolan Raichu. Electric Terrain is on the field, so that's a 50% power boost to Electric type attacks. Tapu Koko's got a move that can half an enemy's HP. Alolan Raichu's Speed is doubled in addition to the power boost.

Slap a Rain Dance on there (assuming it can still be used in combination with terrains in Gen 7), and you've got 100% accurate Electric attacks. Add on top of that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alolan Raichu can learn Surf, and I would crack up if it also learns Zap Cannon. I really wanna see this thing in action now :p

If A. Raichu can learn surf then it can also use the water Z move.This thing could really be a force to be reckoned with.

What other terrain moves are there? A fairy one and a grass one, right? Didn't think of it before, but those will most likely be the abilities of the other island guardian pokemon, I bet.

Hydrus

I don't have a problem with you thinking they look bad at all. If all you'd said was that you didn't like it, i wouldn't have responded.
The response you got was from your insinuation that anything not 'badass' was for 'toddlers', which makes you as bad as the people you're trying to paint me as. If you don't like the taste of this medicine I suggest you don't try to give it to other people, and especially don't try to get on your high horse after being guilty of what just offended you :p

Most of these designs look bad. Badass doesn't have to mean everything looks like Charizard. I think Fennekin is a badass design. So is Sandile. Grubbin line looks good. Nothing "edgy" about these designs, They look great. This looks dumb:

go check out Uranium, they only have "BADASS" pokemon!
the rest of us enjoys the great designs they've shown so far.

Nah, I'll go back to Red version. You know, best Gen.

Top Bottom