• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

Kyzer

Banned
all these awesome pokemon i need to train and raise during the adventure makes the idea that some people want them to nix exp share maddening

Atlantis

New items that increase the duration of Terrain moves ala Heat Rock would be a welcome addition if they're going to focus on these moves more.

Yeah, I have to admit, Team Rocket are still my favourite antagonists and that's not just genwunner talk. Their motivation makes complete and total sense: they're criminals in it for profit and you are in the way. There's no real grand-scheme here, they're just there to get dollah by abusing 'mons. By comparison, Aqua and Magma are, what, some sort of cultist thing? Is it ever even explained why they want to flood the world/drain the sea? Cyrus was like the ultimate emo; Ghetsis got lost from the finale of a Final Fantasy game, and Team Flare were absolute scrub tier villains. I'm kind of fed up of pretentious villains in Pokemon games.

Team Rocket is the Mafia. You could say it. They're the Mafia. They only care about their profit and their turf.

Cross team Rocket and you may come home to a decapitated Magikarp's head on your bed, that's your sign to run.

Team Skull may be my second favorite team as long as they don't try to take over the world or end it.

Oh well, it's an Electric version of Chlorophyll and Swift Swim. I'm sure it will have its place in Double Battles with Tapu Koko and any other Pokemon that can summon Electric Terrain when switching in.

You're right, it can be amazing in doubles but I'm more of a single fan personally.

(well they are rain team on single, why not a elec terrain team)

Carl7

Didn't like Raichu. Psychic adds nothing to eletric type and that ability seems so pointless: Raichu is already fast.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Team Rocket is the Mafia. You could say it. They're the Mafia. They only care about their profit and their turf.

Cross team Rocket and you may come home to a decapitated Magikarp's head on your bed, that's your sign to run.

Team Skull may be my second favorite team as long as they don't try to take over the world or end it.

yeah, exactly the same boat. They may even be my favourites. All I want is a non-stupid plot that doesn't revolve around 10-year old kid preventing the complete destruction of the world as we know it by shoving an ancient being of unimaginable power into his balls. I honestly preferred legendary Pokemon when they were just rare and powerful a la Ho-oh; all this master of space and time stuff is blargh.

So do we know if we need to transfer these Gen 1s to get the Aloha form? Or will they just be out in the wild to catch? Either way I have been playing so much Omega Ruby that I went ahead and bought Blue as well and reliving old memories and making sure I get enough Gen 1s to transfer with the bank.

Neiteio

Alolan Marowak looks a lot cooler now that I can see his art more clearly. I think he might have some kind of pattern on his back?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So do we know if we need to transfer these Gen 1s to get the Aloha form? Or will they just be out in the wild to catch? Either way I have been playing so much Omega Ruby that I went ahead and bought Blue as well and reliving old memories and making sure I get enough Gen 1s to transfer with the bank.

Transfering Gen 1s will give you their original form (including e.g. Normal type if you transfer Clefairy, apparently). Alola 'mons are caught in Alola.

NeonZ

If the Alola Raichu surfs on it's tail, it should have been a Electric/Water type instead, which is a fucking amazing type combo to boot, only two weaknesses and some good resistances. I'm just not seeing this Psychic part of the design though. Also really REALLY weird that Raichu got this form and not Pikachu, the series mascot. Surely they're still hiding a form for him as well?

Now I'm dying to see the Dolphin pokemon, my most wanted animal-based Pokemon ever. Please make it good GF.

The way these forms work, if they added an Alolan Pikachu, that'd be the only Pikachu you'd get in the game, aside from trades with other games/PokeBank. They aren't temporary power ups, but basically different Pokemon. It makes sense to keep the standard design for Pikachu and mess around with the less popular Raichu.

Village

Don't worry, I'm sure most of them will evolve into gross or edgelordy monstrosities to appeal to you like 98% of the actually useful roster rather than those of us who got bored of that kind of thing after our teens/hot topic phase :p
Cool shit is cool

... Have fun with whatever hot topic mess you are talking about

I cant relate

Didn't like Raichu. Psychic adds nothing to eletric type and that ability seems so pointless: Raichu is already super fast.

Raichu is super fast. Alolan Raichu might not be. Perhaps it excels more in Sp. Attack and Sp. Def. Remember, Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Sandslash are slower than their normal counterparts.

Kinsei

Banned

It's most likely going to work like this. You catch the Alolan forms in Sun/Moon and if you want to get the regular forms then you need to transfer them over.

Interesting Raichus ability increases it's speed while under the effect of electric terrain. Makes me think more than just Tapu Koko is going to have electric surge.

FZZ

Banned
Cph_HO7XgAAbuu9.jpg

Still looks like a pervert

RagnarokX

Yeah but that's only in doubles and even then, they're both susceptible to a good Earthquake so that you could easily still only end up getting one attack in anyway.

If a pokemon with ground attacks pops up you switch out tapukoko and use magnet rise on raichu. At 200 speed raichu will outrun everything that isn't priority.

Yeah but that's only in doubles and even then, they're both susceptible to a good Earthquake so that you could easily still only end up getting one attack in anyway.

But Raichu can get Fake Out and I don't see that changing for this form. So Set up shouldn't be that hard at all. And given the surfer design, surf isn't out of the question for a moveslot.

Hydrus

Don't worry, I'm sure most of them will evolve into gross or edgelordy monstrosities to appeal to you like 98% of the actually useful roster rather than those of us who got bored of that kind of thing after our teens/hot topic phase :p

There's nothing more edgy then hipsters who have to pretend they like shit designs and post smart ass comments after getting triggered, because they cant accept that people think something looks bad. All that missing in your post, is you calling me a "Genwunner" and thanking "based GameFreak" for the best new gen ever!

Top Bottom