• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

ffdgh

Is this one just a photoshop from the corocoro image? Edit: Nvm, seems to be real.

CpiC7-SXYAEAgBr.jpg

Guess that fire typing made it thinner lol.

Kinsei

Banned
Yes, people should stop using words to express how they personally feel about something - especially if it is negative.

Aloha Ninetales' design at least properly applies the idea "what if it were an ice fox instead?". What can you say about Raichu? "Uh, well it's Fairy sub type, I guess make the sharp bits softer?"

It's not Fairy though, it's Electric/Psychic.

So... Alola Pikachu is probably a given at this point?

Nope. There's no Alolan Exeggcute after all.

Wonder if Alolan Marowak is a special attacker. Would give Lightning Rod a little more utility, but at least it's not near useless anymore.

Wishiwashi looks nice, but damn most of these new pokemon look bad. Like reeeeaaaaallly bad. I don't care how many times it's been said. Why is everything trying to look cute/ appeal to toddlers? Other then the Sun legendary and maybe the leaked Starter evos ( If there real) I have yet to see any other Pokemon that look badass.
Don't worry, I'm sure most of them will evolve into gross or edgelordy monstrosities to appeal to you like 98% of the actually useful roster rather than those of us who got bored of that kind of thing after our teens/hot topic phase :p

ryan13ts

If the Alola Raichu surfs on it's tail, it should have been a Electric/Water type instead, which is a fucking amazing type combo to boot, only two weaknesses and some good resistances. I'm just not seeing this Psychic part of the design though. Also really REALLY weird that Raichu got this form and not Pikachu, the series mascot. Surely they're still hiding a form for him as well?

Now I'm dying to see the Dolphin pokemon, my most wanted animal-based Pokemon ever. Please make it good GF.

Man this game is looking better and better. Making me want to change my preorder from Sun to the collectors one or just get Moon as well.

If the Alola Raichu surfs on it's tail, it should have been a Electric/Water type instead, which is a fucking amazing type combo to boot, only two weaknesses and some good resistances. I'm just not seeing this Psychic part of the design though. Also really REALLY weird that Raichu got this form and not Pikachu, the series mascot. Surely they're still hiding a form for him as well?

Now I'm dying to see the Dolphin pokemon, my most wanted animal-based Pokemon ever. Please make it good GF.

I'm guessing the reason it's Psychic, is because it's literally floating off the ground while standing on its tail. You know, like, levitating. Also, wouldn't be surprised if the description for this thing mentions it being able to sense waves :p

The Psychic part is where he uses his tail as a surf board to levitate

Hydrus

Mudsdale? The railgun bug (vikavolt), Lurantis? The majority of Pokemon that we've seen are first stage Pokemon so of course they're cute.

Mudsdale looks bad. Vikavolt is pretty cool. Lurantis looks meh. Well if the leaks are true, and we're basically getting just a tad more then last gen, then we've already seen 40, probably already half.

Top Bottom