• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

Jaxx

Banned
This will sell great, it has everything going for it.

I would have been tempted to skip the COD bundle next week and just pick up the SO bundle this week, but in their infinite wisdom MS decided to make it really really really limited. Seems like a stupid move imo.

NateDrake

Like I said, I finished in 15. You could probably do it in less. If you didn't like JSR, it might be an uphill battle for you.

Shadow of Mordor is probably a more robust game, but I had more fun with Sunset Overdrive.

How about when compared to inFamous: SS in terms of story and side-missions? I'm all for mindless fun, but it needs to at least feel varied in options.

malfcn

BGG said:
In the end, Sunset Overdrive is a beautifully chaotic masterpiece that combines great visuals and soundtrack with uniquely entertaining characters in one of the best storylines to ever appear in a video game. The game's nonstop humor manages to keep even the dullest moments in Sunset Overdrive exciting and players will find that gameplay is insanely addictive with the possibility of becoming one of the OD'd!

Is the story that good?

Great reviews.
An exclusive bundle.
Extensive marketing.
Unique setting that sets it apart.
And it looks just so much fun.

With good reviews I think it'll have some pretty good legs overall. Only issue is the slew of AAA monsters starts next week with CoD

nbthedude

People can never make up there mind as to if Polygon is bias or not.

See, it's not so bad over here, is it?
I don't care about "teh biased" arguments but anybody who ever listened to Rebel FM knows where Gies stands. He's pretty open about preference for Xbox brand and literally said PS4 doesn't have anything good but a bunch of indie crap that doesn't count.

Not that that matters here. Insomniac is a talented studio and there is pretty wide acclaim for this game.

I've only played 2.5 hours of it, but what I thought would maybe end up being a mediocre title I wouldn't like all that much, has turned out to be a lot of fun.

Having an ad on their website for the game is not a conflict of interest.

website is advertising the game. that promotion is earning them money. website is reviewing said game with expectation of impartiality. there is a conflict of interest.

regardless, plenty other places are giving it high reviews so that's a good sign i suppose.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That's pretty hyperbolic. Dude is neurotic and has fanboy-esque tendencies, but that doesn't make him a terrible person.

I'll re-pharse;

He's a terrible person to do the job he currently holds.

Top Bottom