• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

UkS01nB.png

Ha. Can't wait to hear this conversation.

Griss

Well, that direct was awesome, but I still have some mixed feelings.

I held off on the 3DS version because I forsaw just how inferior the Wii U version would make it look and I found the screen too small when I played the 3DS demo. Now they want to rope me into buying it by promising Mewtwo? Not falling for that. It doesn't bother me, but I won't buy into that.

I also think a lot of the stages look kind bad, like Brawl's. Again, the stage builder will soothe this issue as it looks incredible, and you can always use the FD mode of each stage.

I guess that means that the only real issue I have with the game is the lack of Adventure Mode / Subspace Emissary, and the focus on local multi to the exclusion of SP or more online options (as far as I can tell). I no longer have friends around to actually play the game with, so it's single player and online for me, but neither of those options seem to have as much in them as local multi, and there's significantly less to do on your own than in Brawl. Subspace was flawed, yes, but it was still fun. Even just unlocking new characters would have been a fun challenge for me on my own.

Also, releasing a character trailer for a guy who's already out there in the 3DS game in the wild is just bizarre.

The game does look stunning, though. Sakurai has gone all out with this stuff.

This is why I love Nintendo. The amount of content in this game is astonishing and its all unlock able. The only big aaa game coming out this year with the same amount of content I can think of is Halo MCC and that is a compilation yet an impressive compilation on top of that as well. I mean some people won't be happy until this game has 400 fighters and 300 stages but in this modern age of gaming I'm grateful for a game like this.

It's kinda funny how much they bashed on the 3DS version. I guess after selling those millions they can allow a little negative news in order to sell the Wii U version (which really needs all the push it can get).

Real Hero

Also, releasing a character trailer for a guy who's already out there in the 3DS game in the wild is just bizarre. .

Why? It's basically just a trailer for the game with a character who hasn't been featured in one yet. I hope Duck Hunt Duo gets one too.

tnaden

Alright, that was great.

Came in expecting nothing. Lots of cool stuff shown. My man Mewtwo returning being the highlight. Hopefully "Spring 2015" doesn't mean may/june.

The announcer just trampled over the 3DS version. Miiverse is going to have a fun time with making photos and having them feature on the Miiverse stage. Penis and fart jokes ahoy.
Overall, that has me pumped for the Wii U version. Smash Tour looks great
totally going to be offline
. Stage Builder looks a whole lot better than before. Cool that Mewtwo will return even though I probably won't play as it, but that pretty much makes me excited for future DLC. Whatever happened to that Duck Hunt trailer, though?

Porsche9146

Neo Member
Does anyone else remember one of the early Ridley leaks claiming that he'd be more-or-less a fifth normal character when he appeared on Pyrosphere and that he'd be replaced by Meta Ridley when a player was using Ridley on the stage? It seemed like a week explain-away at the time, but now...

UrAvgGuy

Was not expecting that direct to get me so hype.

It's kinda funny how much they bashed on the 3DS version. I guess after selling those millions they can allow a little negative news in order to sell the Wii U version (which really needs all the push it can get).

Yeah whenever they did the comparison all I kept thinking was well damn why would I buy the 3ds version.

Top Bottom