• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Guys, GUYS!
Theres a vocal version of this awesome song:
Pilotwings: Light Plane

HOLY SHIT YES!

Icon doesn't look like Other M Ridley though.

/conspiracy.

Its brawls normal ridley face.

Take that as you want.
Something smells in the april 2015 being that far only to bring mewtwo when there were rumours of other 3 characters when talking always about mewtwo.
I dunno, where there's smoke, there's always a fire.

7fxN6lb.png
Nightmares

This was hands down the best Smash Bros. related Direct and maybe Nintendo direct for me (minus the Zelda reveal which almost made me cry and roll around on the ground). This game (Wii U) looks like it might be a fucking masterpiece.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Question, for the ko screen, why didn't they use Other M's Rildey's design? Were they too lazy to make a new one?

I think Super Metroid Ridley may or may not be part of DLC plans. Based on the content they have shown for Ridley he looks like a bonafide playable fighter but is strictly controlled by a CPU. I can see some mechanics being taken out and replaced with different ones for human playability. I've seen a few examples of CPU only fighters in many games and in Mugen that later become full fledged playable characters.

I apologize, I have no way of knowing whether this has already been pointed out in all these pages, or even if we already knew about this.

There's a Yoshi's Wooly World stage.

2R17KM7.png

You can tell because of the wavy blue background.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see the fan on the item screen. RIP fan? 1999-2014.

Good stuff though, nothing super crazy aside from the Mewtwo confirmation. Don't really care about Mewtwo but it's cool for the people who do.

Especially glad to see we can share replays and stages eventually (but we probably can't play custom stages online, no mention of it during the stage builder segment).

Stage selection looks weak though. Stupid hazards everywhere, lame giant stages, and some really weak ported ones.

Revven

So I've never played smash bros ever but saw some streams on twitch during evo. What is all that % meter thingy for?

The higher the percentage of the player, the further they get sent into the air. The goal of Smash Bros. is to knock them off-stage and into the blastzones (which are areas that you can't see and are basically about where your TV screen ends). The higher the percentage, the more likely they will be to hit the blastzone (if you hit them with the right move, of course).

Akai

I apologize, I have no way of knowing whether this has already been pointed out in all these pages, or even if we already knew about this.

There's a Yoshi's Wooly World stage.

You can tell because of the wavy blue background.

You can tell even easier by seeing it's right before the other Yoshi stage on the menu, but yeah, so excited! =)

Guys, those old rumors... DLC for somehow linking the two versions was Mewtwo, Chorus Men, Ridley, Dixie Kong.

Ridley's stock icon is already in the game. Could this be..?

Jaeger

:lol

have you seen some of the threads on here? You're in for a surprise.

I was in them. The whole time looking at people like they can't be serious. They have to be trolling. But nope, there were seriously people saying the 3DS version would be THE version cause portable!

As much as I dig what they've added, I can't help but feel like at least half of their work was superfluous and misguided.

Who knows, maybe I'll get into the random nonsense like the Smash Tour board game, Trophy Rush, character customization, Amiibo, Stage Builder, Master Hand and Crazy Hand mode and other weird things I'm sure I'm forgetting... but I can't help but think I'd rather all of that stuff just be burned and everything else be enhanced, be it stages, roster or a focused single player with more satisfying per-character rewards (videos, plot, whatever), an even larger challenge mode and maybe bring Break the Targets back.

THAT SAID

I do dig the things. I do.

woopWOOP

Watched it at a friend's place earlier. Man oh man, (non-)Direct totally delivered. So many options!

High points were the new stage editor and 8-player mode for me. Stage editor seriously gave me some Worms 2 vibes. Gonna have fun recreating those sprite levels I did in Brawl. And hopefully 5-player Smash retains all of the stages. Come on, it's just one extra spawn point. There should be room for that!

Ridley looked amazing too. Yeah he's not playable and it's the Other M one, but having him fight as a semi-fighter like that's pretty damn cool to me. Oh and Mewtwo... spring 2015 was it? It's gonna be a loooong wait.

Now just to wait for Duck Hunt's super rad introduction trailer.

e: Oh right, announcer was hilarious too. Kudos to you announcer guy!

Top Bottom