• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

We kinda got everything in this Direct that people wanted and then some. I'm feeling veeeery spoilt right now. I didn't know what to expect from it.

Palutena conversations, Mewtwo(!), an amazing stage editor, 8 player Smash. That last one is kinda monumental and I guess it's going to be the standard for Smash going forward. I don't have that many people to play with but oh man the possibilities are going to be crazy, and it fits in perfectly with the appearance of the 8 Koopa kids.

Very happy with the Direct, though, the announcer guy was a tad insufferable, and don't get me started on that amiibo advert.

Also the salt from kids unhappy about the exclusive Mewtwo deal is delicious. These are the moments that make life and getting older all worth living.

Gartooth

Question about Mewtwo. Is he either:

A) Only available to people who own both copies of the game

or

B) Only free to people who own both copies of the game

?oe?oe

Ridley confirmed.
Ss97fj9.png

If I had been shown that image a few months ago, I would have probably BELIEVEd. Even when everyone would have been logical enough to guess that it was a boss KO.

Oh yeah, you're right. Good, that confirms what I was expecting earlier.
Icon doesn't look like Other M Ridley though.

/conspiracy.

ec0ec0

We kinda got everything in this Direct that people wanted and then some. I'm feeling veeeery spoilt right now. I didn't know what to expect from it.

Palutena conversations, Mewtwo(!), an amazing stage editor, 8 player Smash. That last one is kinda monumental and I guess it's going to be the standard for Smash going forward. I don't have that many people to play with but oh man the possibilities are going to be crazy, and it fits in perfectly with the appearance of the 8 Koopa kids.

Very happy with the Direct, though, the announcer guy was a tad insufferable, and don't get me started on that amiibo advert.

Also the salt from kids unhappy about the exclusive Mewtwo deal is delicious. These are the moments that make life and getting older all worth living.

Do we know if we can change blast zones!? Because it cant be amazing without that.

emb

or

Almost definitely B.

But if you watched the Direct, you know as much as any of us.

Griss

Why? It's basically just a trailer for the game with a character who hasn't been featured in one yet. I hope Duck Hunt Duo gets one too.

Yeah, but my point is that if they'd used it before the 3DS version had launched it would have been super effective. I thought they might have an 'all-purpose' CGI trailer starring all the characters for the Wii U. Just, if you've got a trailer for a secret new character, you might as well use it before the game comes out, you know?

Gartooth

Almost definitely B.

But if you watched the Direct, you know as much as any of us.

Yeah, I was assuming he would be available to everyone. Only reason I asked is because a friend freaked out that he would be locked out of Mewtwo, so I wanted to double check.

emb

Icon doesn't look like Other M Ridley though.

/conspiracy.
Makes me that much saltier about having to look at the Other M design the one time I every play non-Omega Pyrosphere. The announcer got my hopes up too; said he was transforming to Meta Ridley. I thought, "Oh, he'll sometimes look decent". No. That's against the rules now. Smash Bros. has to gravitate to the worse design.

What happened to the Duck Hunt trailer? Sakurai posted that picture on the website the other day...

Also Ridley and Metal Face look like they ruin their respective stages. :(
I wonder if Ridley being a shitty boss stops him from being a DLC fighter, probably.
Also I wonder if Mewtwo will be the only DLC fighter, I hope not.

Jaeger

I'm sad about Ridley. I'm sorry to all I argued with about Ridley. I should have seen the writing on the wall.

But MEWTWO though. Even after the "full roster" leaked, I still had hope. I knew Sakurai-san wouldn't let us down!

Wellp, now we only need news on Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climber, Roy, and Snake, and we're all set. Honestly, I just want to see all vets return, and get Toon Zelda, Isabelle, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Kids.

Axass

I felt that I spoiled some of the game for myself by watching it. Now I know everything that's going to be in it. I should've knew better.

You sure? I think there still may be a few surprises left. Like a Boss Rush mode. Or a bunch of new secret characters, I'm not ruling those out yet.

After all they still have to market the game for a whole month.

I know man that direct delivered on every level.

My body literally wasn't ready, I'm still a bit light headed from watching it. I gotta remember to breathe properly during these directs lol

or

Will be free for people who bought both copies for a limited time and will be available for purchase for those who choose to purchase just the 3DS or Wii U version.

Top Bottom