• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

It's a bit of a joke that those 3 are what people think are the most likely cuts along with Snake. But I honestly think all or most of the veterans will return, considering we already got Toon Link.

Thanks for explaining.

EDIT - Oh crap, I'm the first post on page 2... so scary up here alone...

NotLiquid

Will Sonic get this costume?:

=P

You know this doesn't sound unfeasible.

It's practically just adding a scarf on him, and characters without clothing like Jigglypuff and Pikachu get their alts by getting cosmetic items. In Brawl, one of Sonic's alts replaced the wrists of his gloves with bracelets.

It might work.

Azure J

Tilts are too important to the way Lucas and Marth play so I'd say I use them fairly well enough in a match.

On another note, I kinda wonder how I spend so much time reading these threads and talking only to never make top 20. lol

It's funny how the game isn't eve close to out yet and we're on thread 5.

But whatever, all the more randomness for me

EDIT: This also moves quick, this post was extremely short and started midway to page 1 and by the time I posted it was midway to page 2.

If they kept Sonic's legs normal, I'd be fine with scarf

Anbec7

It's funny how the game isn't eve close to out yet and we're on thread 5.

But whatever, all the more randomness for me

Is the madness, hype, etc. you name it!

I wonder if we can expect 2 reveals for this month as in January....

Also thanks for the information above, so 20k is the limit...

Dr. Buni

Maybe it's because he stands more upright in Brawl compared to Melee and 64?

When Sakurai shows Yoshi, the OG 8 will be complete. I cannot wait!
That might be the case, since I have no problem with how it looks in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Loco4Coco

Is the madness, hype, etc. you name it!

I wonder if we can expect 2 reveals for this month as in January....

Also thanks for the information above, so 20k is the limit...

I doubt it. We'll probably get a DK related reveal next week and unless we get a "big" Direct we probably won't see another reveal till March.

Son Of D

So it's possible that we'll get Diddy Kong next week (due to Tropical Freeze) and Yoshi next month (due to Yoshi's New Island)?

ash_ag

SNcfnAF.jpg

So, who are we still missing?

Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
(Item: Sandbag)
(Item: Mr. Saturn)
(Item: Heart Container)
(Boss: Master Hand)

Edit: Whoops, right!

solomon

I need wario and ness :( , does wario have anything coming up, anniversaries, his popular games released dates?

DaBoss

Yoshi may not even be revealed in March. Yoshi's New Island is set for Summer 2014 in Japan. We may not get Yoshi revealed until summer unless Sakurai decides to coincide a reveal with a western release date. They may share a Japanese release date in the next Nintendo Direct.
---------------
Sonic Boom thing is just a spin-off design, which is good news. Would like the scarf as one of the costumes though, it looks pretty cool. Could do without the legs and huge forehead.

Berordn

I need wario and ness :( , does wario have anything coming up, anniversaries, his popular games released dates?

We skipped Wario's Land's anniversary and the only thing coming up for him is Mario Kart 8. I wouldn't put money on him showing up anytime soon.

Anbec7

So, who are we still missing?

Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
(Item: Sandbag)
(Item: Mr. Saturn)
(Item: Heart Container)

Edit: Whoops, right!

So when was this image first posted? Last year? it seems that the devolpment of the game is going really fast if this was the "first" image.

I really want a date! c'mon Nintendo! XD direct direct!

Son Of D

Yoshi may not even be revealed in March. Yoshi's New Island is set for Summer 2014 in Japan. We may not get Yoshi revealed until summer unless Sakurai decides to coincide a reveal with a western release date. They may share a Japanese release date in the next Nintendo Direct.

Was not aware of that. Summer sounds likely for Yoshi then.

Oh man I missed the 1st page of this thread.....I HAVE SHAMED MY PEOPLE!!!

Also props to the people wanting Daisy.
I like Sonics Design change in Sonic Boom, his friends? not so much

EDIT: @PadWarrior's Link: I cant tell if that Website is being serious or not......

Ryce

http://gaminrealm.com/2014/02/06/smash-4-updates-are-inadequate/
Is that some kind of parody article?

1. They're called "pics of the day," which they are -- not "updates."
2. A daily picture is still more than any other game gets.

Sakurai referred to the Dojo as "hell," and I'd rather he focus on the actual game than the game's website.

Neoxon

Oh man I missed the 1st page of this thread.....I HAVE SHAMED MY PEOPLE!!!

Also props to the people wanting Daisy.
I like Sonics Design change in Sonic Boom, his friends? not so much

EDIT: @PadWarrior's Link: I cant tell if that Website is being serious or not......
Knuckles is really the only one who's design is really in question. Sonic, although odd, isn't terrible. Tails & Amy got off easy.

fisheyes

So when do we start the inane discussion on OT6's title? Man, this one was awful. Next title should be picked by someone else, some like
Alfonso. Leave it to [him]!

Top Bottom