• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

You filter by mode/game type and I can't see anything about friends, but there might be another way.

Could you perhaps upload the replays from your SD card to the web yourself like you can with images?

I think the replays you save yourself are just GAME DATA, and not actual video. The game can interpret it and replay it, but the file is meaningless to anything other than smash. Maybe Wii U version will allow youtube uploads? :/

Wait, so how do you enable items on Omega stages? I'm assuming it's a menu option?

Can't on demo, but in final retail copy 'omega mode' just determines stage type, not rules/items.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Are there translations for the challenges posted anywhere yet? I really want to do them all.

georly

Can't wait for Bowser detailed custom moves.
Fox looks alright.

I've only unlocked a couple. Up b 2 is a HUGE vertical up air, but less vertical control.

Down b 2 forces horizontal distance and adds a pushback effect to his sides once he lands.

Sheik cause she's sheik

She is also fast and powerful.

I feel like they did such a better job balancing this time around. All these shit-tier people in brawl are back to being alright. Even ganondorf is ok. I just won 5 for glory matches in a row with him.

StayDead

To everyone who has the Japanese version: Who is your favorite character to play as so far?

Lucina, closely followed by Puff and Marth.

I became a Marth main in melee about a year and a half ago, but I've loved Fire Emblem for ages and adored Awakening so playing him and especially Lucina is awesome. I really like Puff too. The way she shouts purin as she does everything is so cute <3

NeonZ

Yo why do Rosalina and Palutena disappear when they dash? Like, they just disappear. It doesn't even look like a polished teleport move, nope. It looks like they are just glitching out.

I can understand Palutena being a goddess can disappear and stuff. But why Rosalina?

Rosalina pretty much became a goddess at some point. She doesn't even seem to be affected when the entire universe is rebooted at the end of Galaxy 1 and is the only person who clearly remembers its events in Galaxy 2.

georly

Just recorded a 5 minute match, anyone know what the limit is? Is it just your SD card? Way better than the 2 minute for brawl, at least

ffdgh

Rosalina pretty much became a goddess at some point. She doesn't even seem to be affected when the entire universe is rebooted at the end of Galaxy 1.

The galaxy! It was the galaxy! Heck if she is a goddess, she could have repaired the starship herself in hindsight lol.

Revven

Just recorded a 5 minute match, anyone know what the limit is? Is it just your SD card? Way better than the 2 minute for brawl, at least

Brawl's limit was actually 3 minutes.

So how's the balance looking so far?

Too early to say, it's always going to be "good balance" when the game first comes out because nobody knows what works yet or how to KO well, what combos well, etc etc. There haven't been many abusive moves found yet which is a good sign because by this point with Brawl DDD's Dthrow chaingrab was already found lol.

StayDead

In terms of balance I honestly think Palutena and Robin when found out are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

That and a bunch of other characters. There's so many good, varied characters this time.

Kjellson

I don't know if this is just the demo, but I've found out that if you pick random character you get the same character if you just press start at the CSS after the match. I must have gotten Pikachu three times in a row now because I chose random. Really annoying.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
To everyone who has the Japanese version: Who is your favorite character to play as so far?

Veteran: Captain Falcon

His running grab is so fast now, and his side-special being a kill move is great. Up-tilt can spike with his heal now, too, and his combo potential is certainly better than it was in Brawl.

Newcomer: Pac-Man

Great character with good moves all around. His neutral B is essentially a charged shot, but it changes to different fruits and objects with different throwing properties as it gets stronger.

Tenck

Zero Suit Samus is my favorite. She can hurt you real bad. If you let her get in your face she can easily wreck you. Her down b closes the gap on people too if they're trying to get away. She's so hard to shake off. Second favorite is princess Zelda. Only complaint I got it's her summoning phantom skill. I rarely land it. But it's easy to kill with her other moves.

PKGaming

Banned
Does anyone think custom moves will be used at all in competitive play or will players have to deal with whatever the character's default moves are? Like, for example, if Little Mac has better recovery options in his custom moves, I'd definitely wanna use those. But will I be able to if, by competitive rules, I can only use default?

georly

How do you save a match? I'll start doing this.

Once you get the 'results' screen where it's showing the bonuses, there's a little indicator that says to press 'Y'. Press Y :)

Trying a 10 minute match, once it's done i'll take a screenshot to show you

Revven

Does anyone think custom moves will be used at all in competitive play or will players have to deal with whatever the character's default moves are? Like, for example, if Little Mac has better recovery options in his custom moves, I'd definitely wanna use those. But will I be able to if, by competitive rules, I can only use default?

They're being allowed until they are proven broken and/or problematic.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a list with all the unlockables characters?

Falco
Ness
Dark Pit
Bowser Jr
Dr Mario
Lucina
Wario
Duck Hunt Dog
R.O.B
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Mii Fighters (Not technically secret, but I believe you do need to set one up before they appear on the character select screen)

Speedwagon

Is there a list with all the unlockables characters?
10 matches - Ness
20 matches - Falco
30 matches - Wario
40 matches - Lucina
50 matches - Dark Pit
60 matches - Dr. Mario
70 matches - R.O.B.
80 matches - Ganondorf
90 matches - Mr. Game & Watch
100 matches - Bowser Jr.
110 matches - Duck Hunt Dog
120 matches - Jigglypuff

StayDead

10 matches - Ness
20 matches - Falco
30 matches - Wario
40 matches - Lucina
50 matches - Dark Pit
60 matches - Dr. Mario
70 matches - R.O.B.
80 matches - Ganondorf
90 matches - Mr. Game & Watch
100 matches - Bowser Jr.
110 matches - Duck Hunt Dog
120 matches - Jigglypuff

I wouldn't do what I did and try and unlock everyone through classic. I got most then couldn't work out how to get the last 2 (not the two in this list) so I then had to do the matches anyway haha.

Azure J

I thought the large majority of TOs were on board with custom moves, especially after finding out that you could customize them from the CSS.

Thank you!!

Hmm... not impressed with that trophy selection tbh. Way too much recent stuff.

Interestingly enough, if you notice, most of the trophies are actually based on the handheld entries. All the karts are from Mario Kart 7, the F-Zero stuff can be attributed to the original as well as the GBA F-Zero, the Zelda stuff is almost entirely from Spirit Tracks and OoT3D, Star Fox stuff is mostly from Star Fox 3D and Command, and a huge chunk of the other category entries are for the handheld IPs they created

Lunar15

Hey JoeInky, keep up the good work with these custom move descriptions. They're easily the most intriguing thing about the game to me so far. They don't seem game breaking either, at least not yet.

Reveirg

Oh man, I had wrongly assumed that every track in the game would be a rearrangement. I'm really disappointed to see they're just using the original games' tracks as is. There's not even one Xenoblade arrangement =(.

Azure J

Previous characters (click to view)

This time I'm doing fox only, final destination, no items. I actually like his playstyle in this game other than the fact that his laser seems nerfed and his reflector is no longer cancellable so it's pretty useless, but he has a few customs that are fun, especially his recovery. His normals also feel pretty good generally, so I may pick him up soon.

Man, these customs are seriously making me take second looks at so many characters. Charge Blaster, Fox Flash, Barrel Roll & Pulse Reflector sounds like such a wild combination.

With custom moves, everyone is broken. Otherwise, everyone except Little Mac and maybe Megaman and Shulk is decent.

;_; ;_; :_;

I actually saw a good Little Mac on stream earlier today. He took down Vex playing DDD!

It seems that the secret to Mac, unlocked after 48 hours of ancient training and hidden lore, is "don't jump off the side of the stage like a dumbass, stay in the middle and bait them out."

Is that stream still up? If not, can you link it anyway for when it starts back up?

I actually saw a good Little Mac on stream earlier today. He took down Vex playing DDD!

It seems that the secret to Mac, unlocked after 48 hours of ancient training and hidden lore, is "don't jump off the side of the stage like a dumbass, stay in the middle and bait them out."

Oh man, I had wrongly assumed that every track in the game would be a rearrangement. I'm really disappointed to see they're just using the original games' tracks as is. There's not even one Xenoblade arrangement =(.

I'd wait for the Wii U game before coming to that assumption.

I don't have it but I have played it.
I think my favorite newcomer to play is Shulk, followed by Greninja and Pac-Man. As for Veterans, I'm thinking of sticking with Dedede and Olimar though Link was nicely buffed

Fandangox

Shulk's trailet had a rearrangement of Gaur Plain. It will most likely play in the Wii U version of the stage if it doesn't already on the 3DS one.

PKrockin

I saw that. Love how smug he was about it being so easy to gimp him. Then Mac just hung around the center and basically jabbed him to death. Amazing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom