• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually saw a good Little Mac on stream earlier today. He took down Vex playing DDD!

It seems that the secret to Mac, unlocked after 48 hours of ancient training and hidden lore, is "don't jump off the side of the stage like a dumbass, stay in the middle and bait them out."

I saw that match, that Mac was good.

I wouldn't do what I did and try and unlock everyone through classic. I got most then couldn't work out how to get the last 2 (not the two in this list) so I then had to do the matches anyway haha.

All of the other unlocks have been found now and are up on Smash Wiki. I think most people had a problem getting R.O.B and Jigglypuff which are unlocked by beating Classic 7.0 or higher with G&W and Charizard respectively .

Son Of D

I actually saw a good Little Mac on stream earlier today. He took down Vex playing DDD!

It seems that the secret to Mac, unlocked after 48 hours of ancient training and hidden lore, is "don't jump off the side of the stage like a dumbass, stay in the middle and bait them out."

There a link to an archive of this? Want to see it.

Lren

To everyone who has the Japanese version: Who is your favorite character to play as so far?

Shulk and Megaman are dead even for me right now, Tactician and Greninja follow after.

Have only gotten a chance to try Shulk and Greninja online so far, getting the hang of quickly switching out Monado Artes for more favorable ones. Lag's been hit and miss but once you get a nice string of games going, it feels so good!

Kriken

How do amiibos work with the 3DS?

The New 3DS will be able to read them right on the bottom screen, for current models, it'll require an NFC reader add-on that's read by the 3DS IR sensor

Edit: Images

3ds.png

468px-Mario_ami.jpg

georly

Confirmed it just let me save an entire 10 minute match, which is more than might ever me necessary.

At the results screen, you'll get a prompt to press Y, like above. Do it, hit A, then it saves the replay to SD card.

I'm glad that one hype Xenoblade track (Which i don't know the name of since I only know about it because of VGCW) was at least left untouched. It's pretty much the only reason I play on that stage.

ffdgh

Thanks for the anwsers/opinions! I'm just hoping some characters aren't marginally better than other like brawl. Atlease balance patches are possible when needed.

StayDead

All of the other unlocks have been found now and are up on Smash Wiki. I think most people had a problem getting R.O.B and Jigglypuff which are unlocked by beating Classic 7.0 or higher with G&W and Charizard respectively .

I got Jigglypuff when playing on 4.0.

It was Bowser Jr and R.O.B I couldn't get.

Tenck

Nope. I just unlocked Rob and jigglypuff by playing regular vs against bots. I think online matches count toward the total match count, and then you just messes around in regular versus.

Cse

Banned
Seems like the stale move negation is being relied upon as a crutch to establish balance and character parity. If any one move it too powerful, its strength quickly becomes diluted if the player employs it too frequently.

Hatchtag

Banned
Its worth noting my impressions aren't based on much time with anyone (except maybe Dorf, I always play as Dorf). But Little Macs play style was just...boring. I couldn't have that much fun with it. But we'll see, games been out for 3 days, and if anyone watched Makais stream last night, I said Jiggs was shit then got fucking wrekt with it.

Kinsei

Banned
Nope. I just unlocked Rob and jigglypuff by playing regular vs against bots. I think online matches count toward the total match count, and then you just messes around in regular versus.

Those are just the standard unlock methods. Just like Melee and Brawl there is also an alternate way to unlock every character by playing a certain amount of vs. matches. In this game every 10 unlocks a new character.

Tried to save a 12 minutes of test match and it works.. I wonder what's the limit. Tempted to try do a test 99 minutes match and try to see if it can be saved or not lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

So you're saying he's screwed against Duck Hunt Dog

Tenck

Those are just the standard unlock methods. Just like Melee and Brawl there is also an alternate way to unlock every character by playing a certain amount of vs. matches. In this game every 10 unlocks a new character.

Oh cool thanks.

I've been playing the demo for this weekend and I really like it. I've been a Zelda player since Melee, but I've really latched on to Villager. His move-set is fun and really goes well with my style of play. I've had a few good matches with Mega Man recently, too. He's taking a bit of time to get used to, though. I don't like his neutral air, but I guess it's canon, right?

Choomp

Banned
I'm super happy with Mega Man in the demo. Villager not as much, and I liked playing as Mario.

Watchin that stream, Duck Hunt Dog looks damn fun. Can't wait for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom