• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNaranja

These are the characters I immediately want to try out the most. I am actually surprised by how much I have been enjoying using Link in the demo. Mario has also been fun to use but that water backpack just seems useless.

2683508-screen+shot+2014-09-16+at+7.35.22+pm.jpg

Also Charizard not getting a black alternate is some bullshit. They should have taken out that sickly looking pale pink skin out to make room. :/

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in having somewhat regular (maybe like bi-weekly?) meet-ups online for the purpose of workshopping characters and trying to improve each others' game? I'm still planning on having the Voice Chat stuff running about a week after US launch, so I think with full voice chat it could be a really fun thing to do. Not even just "pro" stuff, but actively giving pointers to each other and helping people get the hang of certain techniques. I see a lot of people looking to improve their competitive game and this could be a fun way to do that for people who don't have a local community.

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in having somewhat regular (maybe like bi-weekly?) meet-ups online for the purpose of workshopping characters and trying to improve each others' game? I'm still planning on having the Voice Chat stuff running about a week after US launch, so I think with full voice chat it could be a really fun thing to do. Not even just "pro" stuff, but actively giving pointers to each other and helping people get the hang of certain techniques. I see a lot of people looking to improve their competitive game and this could be a fun way to do that for people who don't have a local community.

down. LAGAF still down for that meet up?

By "screenshot" do you mean the button key? Doesn't that does snap a picture of your entire monitor

I'd be up for it.

Too. Many. Characters.

xq0jV5e.png

Eh, doesn't matter too much. I usually end up playing the entire cast regardless. I can practically main Random in Brawl lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I don't mind to do this but I can't promise anything yet right now. I'm up for it but I would like it if people are using chatroom as well so I can see the feedbacks as well.

beanman25

YES, YES! So much yes. I guess we'd Skype or something?

Kinsei

Banned

That would be cool.

Timeaisis

Very much down.

I don't mind to do this but I can't promise anything yet right now. I'm up for it but I would like it if people are using chatroom as well so I can see the feedbacks as well.
For sure. I'm hoping we can keep both going.

awesome! my buddies just got their 3DSes so we're all set! should be fun. better watch your back when my duck hunt dog comes into play! haha
Oh boy, can't say I'm too excited to deal with those zoning shenanigans. At least I'm already getting practice Mario in the demo, so I'll be extra prepared.

Veeboy

I have a problem with the roster. There are too many characters I want to play as.

CidSOpq.png

Redundancies? What redundancies? All slots on this roster are absolutely necessary. There are no repeats

I'd be up for it.

Very much down.

That would be cool.
Cool! Glad to see interest.

YES, YES! So much yes. I guess we'd Skype or something?
We'd actually be doing it through a really nifty program called TeamSpeak. I posted about it a while back, but a user here named Devo was able to host a server for us to power the chat room. I had never used TeamSpeak before, but I tested it out with him this weekend and it's crazy good. Much clearer connection than with Skype and, beyond downloading it for free, super easy to set up. It lets you make private rooms and easily mute yourself, amongst a host of other neat features.

I'll have more to post on it soon, but hopefully we can have a strong voice chat community here at GAF. Though, we've already got a great text chat in the IRC Chat, so for those that aren't interested in voice that's a good way to go.

Cool! Glad to see interest.

We'd actually be doing it through a really nifty program called TeamSpeak. I posted about it a while back, but a user here named Devo was able to host a server for us to power the chat room. I had never used TeamSpeak before, but I tested it out with him this weekend and it's crazy good. Much clearer connection than with Skype and, beyond downloading it for free, super easy to set up. It lets you make private rooms and easily mute yourself, amongst a host of other neat features.

I'll have more to post on it soon, but hopefully we can have a strong voice chat community here at GAF. Though, we've already got a great text chat in the IRC Chat, so for those that aren't interested in voice that's a good way to go.

is teamspeak mac compatible?

FSLink

Banned
Two things:

1) Fighting Greninja on Pictochat 2 (normal or omega) is bullshit. Can't see Shadow Sneak at all lol

2) The higher the difficulty on Classic or All Star mode, the higher chance of items screwing me over. It feels like half the items are explosive items/capsules/boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom