• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

j62z0Yuu573Ii.JPG

Seems to be a tab you'd click to go to a separate page for DLC characters/stages. Which probably also explains why something like 900+ MB is reserved.
Why are people still clinging onto this daft line of thinking?
On 3DS DLC all goes on the SD card and is extra data so no space needs to be reserved for anything.
It is much more plausible that the download code card saying 2.1GB and the game taking up 1.2GB is a printing error (heck the Wii U eShop overestimates space needed for games sometimes...then doesn't let you start the download because of these) and as such is proof of nothing.

Wow I won't have to make space then. Surprised it's a tiny bit smaller than melee.
Much of Melee was FMV (Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker are similar). I think the PAL release had to have 50Hz and 60Hz versions of these so that awesome 12 minute special video got cut (there are a few seconds accessible by the debug menu though).

I need GBA remix now...

I'd like three sets of characters to be DLC

Heroes

Tingle
Paper Mario
Andy
Marshal
Dixie Kong
Isabelle

Villains

King K. Rool
King Hippo
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Wily
Captain Syrup
Ridley

Veterans

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Mewtwo
Lucas
Squirtle
Ivysaur

Dr. Buni

The arrow is on the CSS, I don't know what else it would lead to besides characters.
I meant new characters as opposed to old characters (aka cut veterans).
I'd like three sets of characters to be DLC

Heroes

Tingle
Paper Mario
Andy
Marshal
Dixie Kong
Isabelle

Villains

King K. Rool
King Hippo
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Wily
Captain Syrup
Ridley

Veterans

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Mewtwo
Lucas
Squirtle
Ivysaur
I hope we get 5 characters at most as DLC. The roster is big enough as it is now.

Call me an idiot for this question but is the Wii U version going to be any different than the 3DS one animation-wise or exactly the same???

I know about the better framerate for the assist trophies.

Call me an idiot for this question but is the Wii U version going to be any different than the 3DS one animation-wise or exactly the same???

I think the Wii U one will be different. Like there are some animations like peach hair not (gloriously) flowing in the 3DS version(Its stale as fuck) that is in the Wii U version.

edit: oh yeah... idiot!

Golnei

It looks to use mostly the same animations, with exceptions for some characters who only have 2D faces in the 3DS version and Olimar's Pikmin. Having significant animation differences between platforms in this sort of game would be a massive drain on development.

Clefargle

What I hope, if the DLC does exist, is that the purchase is cross platform. Say they add a character, I dunno let's say Sunflora, and you buy it or the pack it's in. This means you can download the character for both the 3DS and the Wii U version.

If not, I'll be quite sad.

Incidentally, finally finishing custom moves for a couple of characters.

I've been praying for the exact same thing, it's a great opportunity to tighten the unification between platforms and promote system sales. DLC will happen, I can't imagine them wasting this opportunity to rake in cash. The question is whether it will be crossbuy or attached to Amiibo. Or both, I'd really enjoy purchasing Amiibos to unlock new chars and then using them to transfer data. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I've been praying for the exact same thing, it's a great opportunity to tighten the unification between platforms and promote system sales. DLC will happen, I can't imagine them wasting this opportunity to rake in cash. The question is whether it will be crossbuy or attached to Amiibo. Or both, I'd really enjoy purchasing Amiibos to unlock new chars and then using them to transfer data. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's not a matter of "will this be profitable" anymore. There's no question people will jump on board for more Smash content. And while Sakurai is a control freak, I'm sure he can be convinced. There's no doubt in my mind we will get some form of DLC.

When it comes or what they may be, who knows. Someone mentioned alts and stages but no characters. As shitty as that would be, I think it's plausible. But this is Smash, anything can happen.

Golnei

It's not a matter of "will this be profitable" anymore. There's no question people will jump on board for more Smash content. And while Sakurai is a control freak, I'm sure he can be convinced. There's no doubt in my mind we will get some form of DLC.

When it comes or what they may be, who knows. Someone mentioned alts and stages but no characters. As shitty as that would be, I think it's plausible. But this is Smash, anything can happen.

Sakurai's previous comments and the method of delivery chosen for the MK8 DLC make me think that they'll choose to do one or two large packs, which would probably contain things like alts, stages, trophies, music, custom moves, Mii outfits and Stage Builder parts if they're still in. Though considering the two versions, I'm not sure whether they'd sell characters separately or have them part of paid bundles on both versions, perhaps with a discount for buying both versions.

Ideally, they'd add things like veterans as part of free updates with newcomers and new clones saved for the paid DLC, but I doubt that would happen considering the potential profit.

JCX

If they do new character DLC, I hope they announce it via the Wii U standby mode. It would be awesome to edit up and see "NEW CHALLANGER APPROACHING" on the gamepad.

I often wonder what some veterans would be like if they were redone from scratch.

The newcomers have such interesting mechanics to them, the Luma, KO Meter, Monado arts etc. Veteran movesets feel so basic in comparison, especially the 64 vets.

Edit: I even mean stuff like how Mega Man is so faithfully recreated animation wise, and Shulk's jump and stuff. Like Mario is nothing like how he is in the games, not even his fireball bounces along like it does in SMB.

Qurupeke

DLC would be awesome. I just hope it won't be only characters but stages too and even modes. If it includes all that, I wouldn't mind paying more than half of the price of SSB4.

ugoo18

I often wonder what some veterans would be like if they were redone from scratch.

The newcomers have such interesting mechanics to them, the Luma, KO Meter, Monado arts etc. Veteran movesets feel so basic in comparison, especially the 64 vets.

Edit: I even mean stuff like how Mega Man is so faithfully recreated animation wise, and Shulk's jump and stuff. Like Mario is nothing like how he is in the games, not even his fireball bounces along like it does in SMB.

Samus and the different beams and Visors of the Prime series would be great.

Sakurai's previous comments and the method of delivery chosen for the MK8 DLC make me think that they'll choose to do one or two large packs, which would probably contain things like alts, stages, trophies, music, custom moves, Mii outfits and Stage Builder parts if they're still in. Though considering the two versions, I'm not sure whether they'd sell characters separately or have them part of paid bundles on both versions, perhaps with a discount for buying both versions.

Ideally, they'd add things like veterans as part of free updates with newcomers and new clones saved for the paid DLC, but I doubt that would happen considering the potential profit.

Two large releases makes sense. I'd like to think some veterans could be given free of charge, but I would guess they would bundle newcomers with them. I actually hadn't given thought to trophies and music. Depending on the content, they could make these potential "DLC bundles" well worth the money.

NeonZ

Two large releases makes sense. I'd like to think some veterans could be given free of charge, but I would guess they would bundle newcomers with them. I actually hadn't given thought to trophies and music. Depending on the content, they could make these potential "DLC bundles" well worth the money.

Music makes sense and should be fairly easy, but I think we'd only get more trophies specifically related to the characters - for example, the in-game model of new or returning characters, any cameos in the characters' moveset, or elements in a stage. I don't think they'd go out of their way to add other unrelated trophies. Well, unless these are released as big packs and there are new modes too.

Golnei

It'd be interesting to see what Sheik would look like, especially seeing what Hyrule Warriors did with her lyre. Not even mentioning Ganondorf...

in my dreams they add Paula into smash with ness's moveset and rebuild ness from the ground up to make him more like how he is in earthbound.

...and then they add jeff and poo.

Music makes sense and should be fairly easy, but I think we'd only get more trophies specifically related to the characters - for example, the in-game model of new or returning characters, any cameos in the characters' moveset, or elements in a stage. I don't think they'd go out of their way to add other unrelated trophies. Well, unless these are released as big packs and there are new modes too.

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know about new modes, but I'm on board with everything else. I'm just hard-pressed to think of a bundle concept that makes sense. Maybe a single character per bundle, but it comes with a stage, some music, new trophies, etc? I'd buy into that.

For example, a Pokemon Red/Blue bundle? Comes with Mewtwo, a new stage, some Red/Blue mixes for Music, some new Pokemon trophies.

in my dreams they add Paula into smash with ness's moveset and rebuild ness from the ground up to make him more like how he is in earthbound.

This just reminds me that they could have at least made Paula a Ness alt in the same vein as Alph. What a missed opportunity.

Cranzor

I've been saying for a while that I want Pokey/Porky in. He's a really important character in the series and I'd love to see him in.

Having the rest of the Earthbound party would be cool too though!

JoeM86

I dunno, wouldn't Sunkurn make more sense with it's Pokeathlon stats? Maybe Sunflora was just it's final smash.

Sunkern has the lowest BST of any Pokémon in the game. The possibility of it having all 5 stars in each Pokéathlon stat was Game Freak making a joke.

I meant new characters as opposed to old characters (aka cut veterans).
I hope we get 5 characters at most as DLC. The roster is big enough as it is now.
Oh, I see.

Anyway, I hope it's a mix of old and new with many more than just five. Unique vets (like the Ice Climbers) should get top priority.

Kangi

MOTHER content wishlist? Ninten as Ness alt. Bring Lucas back. Upgrade Jeff to playable character; lasers, rockets and other gadgets as abilities, Multi-Bottle Rocket as final smash. Cave of the Past as a level, Giygas as stage boss, phone calls ala Star Fox - Dad for Ness (works for Ninten, too) and Tony for Jeff. Loid or Apple Kid replaces Jeff's AT.

Promptly take "too much content for just MOTHER" people and show them Kid Icarus' representation.

Oh, I see.

Anyway, I hope it's a mix of old and new with many more than just five. Unique vets (like the Ice Climbers) should get top priority.
Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, 3DS can't handle Ice Climbers, so I don't think that would be possible, and I doubt we'll get Snake back.

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, 3DS can't handle Ice Climbers, so I don't think that would be possible, and I doubt we'll get Snake back.
We'll get both back, somehow. I don't really care if it's on the 3DS version or not.

The fact that we know the Icies run on the Wii U version means they should be the first DLC out. (Or just include them with the standard version.)

JoeM86

Starting to get more character customisations, but it's still grindy. Ah well, should be done before ORAS at this rate :p

Went into the multiplayer Smash Run without the others, has made them turn up far more. Bit ridiculous.

We'll get both back, somehow. I don't really care if it's on the 3DS version or not.

The fact that we know the Icies run on the Wii U version means they should be the first DLC out. (Or just include them with the standard version.)
It depends if they want to stick with the "same roster for both versions" rule.

If there's really no way to have them back, I wish they could at least put Popo/Nana as stand-alone characters.

Beats

Starting to get more character customisations, but it's still grindy. Ah well, should be done before ORAS at this rate :p

Went into the multiplayer Smash Run without the others, has made them turn up far more. Bit ridiculous.

How much time do you think you have spent trying to get all the moves?

JoeM86

How much time do you think you have spent trying to get all the moves?

I dunno, I get frustrated a lot and give up when I see repeats :p

I'd say a good 5 hours, only maxed two characters (Pikachu & Greninja). Focusing on Pokémon first, will update my site with them, then do the rest in bulk as time allows over the next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom