• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, I got stuck in the loop where I just beat spider boss and finally arriving at Gaur Plain repeatedly so I can't help you there.

I'm really glad that they went with Gaur Plain for Smash 4 since it's so gorgeous location in Xenoblade so far.

Also Gaur Plain is a quite importance location for Shulk and franchise because the location actually representing the beginning of their adventure together for a greater destiny.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well, I got stuck in the loop where I just beat spider boss and finally arriving at Gauir Plain repeatedly so I can't help you there.

I'm really glad that they went with Gauir Plain for Smash 4 since it's so gorgeous location in Xenoblade so far.

Also Gauir Plain is a quite importance location for Shulk and franchise because the location actually represent beginning of their adventure together for a greater destiny.

Welp, time to buy that new 3DS so I can play this game too.

*Backlog intensifies*

Kyzon

Well, I got stuck in the loop where I just beat spider boss and finally arriving at Gaur Plain repeatedly so I can't help you there.

I'm really glad that they went with Gaur Plain for Smash 4 since it's so gorgeous location in Xenoblade so far.

Also Gaur Plain is a quite importance location for Shulk and franchise because the location actually representing the beginning of their adventure together for a greater destiny.

Guar Plains is an amazing choice for a level in smash. My greedy ass wants more though as usual, lol. There are even more amazing looking locations throughout the story later on.

Molemitts

Question about the Xenoblade songs in Smash 4: Are they ripped straight from the original game, or remade? I haven't played Xanoblade, but I've seen a few videos of it and what I've heard of the soundtrack sounds exactly the same as what's featured in smash.

emb

Well, I got stuck in the loop where I just beat spider boss and finally arriving at Gauir Plain repeatedly so I can't help you there.

I'm really glad that they went with Gauir Plain for Smash 4 since it's so gorgeous location in Xenoblade so far.

Also Gauir Plain is a quite importance location for Shulk and franchise because the location actually represent beginning of their adventure together for a greater destiny.
Gaur plains is great. Loved that music.

And I love that it has a great view of the Mechonis in Smash. Helps showcase the unique setting. I was kinda hoping the Smash stage would be on the
sword
, but doing it this way works better. If you were actually there it'd be tough to tell unless you'd played the game.

I really liked
Eryth Sea
though. Maybe we'll get a chance to revisit it or one of the
mechanical areas
some other time.

(spoilers are just mentions of locations, nothing important. Still, can't be too careful.)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I would have preferred Eryth Sea as a Smash level. Not only is it one of the best looking areas in the game, but it would have made sense from a functionality perspective within Smash, given that it has those floating islands.

Question about the Xenoblade songs in Smash 4: Are they ripped straight from the original game, or remade? I haven't played Xanoblade, but I've seen a few videos of it and what I've herd of the soundtrack sounds exactly the same as what's featured in smash.

Except for a brief Gaur Plains arrangement in the trailer, all of the Xanoblade music so far in Smash 4 has been ripped.

Golnei

Guar Plains is an amazing choice for a level in smash. My greedy ass wants more though as usual, lol. There are even more amazing looking locations throughout the story later on.

The Wii U Xenoblade stage is one occasion where a traveling stage would have really been merited; especially with weather and time changes incorporated. Traveling from sunrise on the beach of the
Fallen Arm up through Mechonis Field and Agniratha and terminating at Egil's boss chamber with the view of the Mechonis and Bionis at sunset
; for example, would have been amazing.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm more disappointed that there's not any new Sonic remixes in the 3DS version. Kind of why I hate that we just got a recycled stage on it.

Golnei

So, there was a new arrangement in the trailer but not in the game? Lame. Could this, maybe, be because Shulk was a more recently added character?

That was kind of strange. Unless the arrangement itself was only finished after the 3DS game was certified, and may be replaced with the new one via patching, I can't see why they wouldn't include the new arrangement of a theme for a stage shared with the Wii U version.

Neiteio

A cool traveling Xenoblade stage would start in Colony 9 and then take you on a platform across Gaur Plain, Colony 6, Satorl Marsh and Makna Forest (complete with view of waterfalls). Then it would ascend every floor in Frontier Village (my favorite location) before passing through Eryth Sea and settling on one of the floating islands. Then it would make detours to Alcamoth and Prison Island before continuing to the Valak Mountains and through Sword Valley to Galahad Fortress, before plummeting to Fallen Arm and working its way back up through Mechonis Field, etc.

So yeah, nearly every location in the game, lol.

tumblr_ncee71z5go1swll5zo1_500.jpg

what do you think guys

Molemitts

I'd doubt it highly, he's a character that'd require a lot of work to fit in.

Yeah, sounds like he would be. Still, I could see other newcomers having a larger priory than him.

Might be in the Wii U game, it will have more Xenoblade music possibly including some new arrangements.

Wii U version bro

Right, the Wii U version, yeah. I was just wondering why they included the original version of the song over a new version of it.

That was kind of strange. Unless the arrangement itself was only finished after the 3DS game was certified, and may be replaced with the new one via patching, I can't see why they wouldn't include the new arrangement of a theme for a stage shared with the Wii U version.
I'm probably thinking this was the reason, too.

emb

Yeah, a traveling Xenoblade stage could be amazing. I'd love to see how they make the areas transition, and I think it'd be especially cool if they transition between a macroscopic view of the overall Bionis/Mechonis down to individual areas.

Fandangox

Also Gaur Plain is a quite importance location for Shulk and franchise because the location actually representing the beginning
of their adventure together for a greater destiny.

Yeah I agree it looks incredible! Its my second favorite location, but I agree it's definitely the most iconic.

Kyzon

The Wii U Xenoblade stage is one occasion where a traveling stage would have really been merited; especially with weather and time changes incorporated. Traveling from sunrise on the beach of the
Fallen Arm up through Mechonis Field and Agniratha and terminating at Egil's boss chamber with the view of the Mechonis and Bionis at sunset
; for example, would have been amazing.

Very much agreed. I need it in my life!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm more disappointed that there's not any new Sonic remixes in the 3DS version. Kind of why I hate that we just got a recycled stage on it.
Honestly, I just think it's Sega being difficult again. Pac-man on the other hand has benefitted from being from the developers. I mean two unique stages and even a reference in another stage.

Golnei

Yeah, a traveling Xenoblade stage could be amazing. I'd love to see how they make the areas transition, and I think it'd be especially cool if they transition between a macroscopic view of the overall Bionis/Mechonis down to individual areas.

Going through the Mechonis would be easier due to its more segmented areas, but flying off the outside of the Bionis or moving through its interior could work as a transition for a traveling stage as well. I'm imagining Junks and High Entia ships would probably be the main platforms in both instances, perhaps using
Meyneth's anti-gravity powers
as well.

J@hranimo

Banned
I finally received my press copy of the North American version of the game today. My NDA says I'm not allowed to talk about basically anything that's not officially announced until the game comes out, though. : /

I'm pretty sure we know everything there is to know about the game already, but if anyone has any NA-related questions they want answered somehow I'm all ears. I'll be doing all of my unlocking procedures again tonight, although pre-release Hyrule Warriors is beckoning me too. ^_^

Uhhh....how does Falco sound? I hope this doesn't intrude in the NDA.

Uhhh....how does Falco sound? I hope this doesn't intrude in the NDA.

After a re-read it says I can't mention anything in "coverage" of the game, but I think I should still be safer than sorry. So... Fa-who know? Never heard of him! (NDA expires earlyish next Thurs. night, not that that helps a lot -_-)

probably late to the party but it's interesting that when a character is giant all of his projectiles become giant too now. I don't know if that was always the case but I just watched a giant Villager plant a giant sapling, and when I watered it with my own Villager the thing was taller than the highest platform in battlefield! damn yo

SuperSah

Banned
Any Smash players who will buy Smash 3DS who doesn't have me on their FC list, PM me.

Also, if you're European, that's a bonus, otherwise I don't mind.

CassSept

Gentlemen, I bring you a question of the highest importance:

Which game has the best Mute City remix?

Brawl! I like a lot of 3DS compositions but I'm really bothered by their quality. I'm no music buff by no means but they sound too compressed for me, recorded at a low bitrate or something. One way or another, they could sound better but they don't. It's not hardware either, as I far prefer FE:A's Id (Purpose) to Smash 3DS incarnation even if for the most part they are the same song.

Before cash prizes were a thing tournaments were tiny niche events that few people cared for. If you want the skill level to rise and people to become better and better at the game incentive needs to be offered to they can dedicated more time to it. That incentive is created by having a game that's fun to watch and draws sponsors and an audience which generate revenue to create said prize pool.

If you want a scene to grow out of basements and people's homes the players gotta be fighting for a big reward. Not just the glory.

That's how it is right now. The fact that this is the case right now doesn't mean that the need to take the audience when into account, to the extent that they matter more than the players themselves, isn't a problem. Especially when talking an audience who wants hype and has little interest in what actually goes on during a match. We're mostly talking about people who get bored of anything that isn't constant rushdown, whine constantly about lack of character variety regardless of it being the case or not and care more about narratives involving the players themselves. The game itself is not the focus. That's the problem with this audience having a say in anything and being a factor in how games are designed.

Pursuing growth at all costs isn't necessarily worth it.

Brawl! I like a lot of 3DS compositions but I'm really bothered by their quality. I'm no music buff by no means but they sound too compressed for me, recorded at a low bitrate or something. One way or another, they could sound better but they don't. It's not hardware either, as I far prefer FE:A's Id (Purpose) to Smash 3DS incarnation even if for the most part they are the same song.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed that Smash 3DS's music sounds really low quality compared to what we've heard on consoles over the years.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Probably because the amount of stuff they are cramming onto the cartridge.

Then again if it is only 1.1GB you would think they would have that extra space to work with.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed that Smash 3DS's music sounds really low quality compared to what we've heard on consoles over the years.

I chalked that up to compression and some tuning for the 3DS's funky speakers. A legit OST release should sound miles better.

Makai

The music is definitely hard for me to listen to over long periods. I usually turn it off and play my own soundtrack instead.

Drencrom

Does the full game have compressed music/sound like the demo? Crap...

It's pretty bad from headphones as well imo

holy shit. I just tried that and man this game sounds kinda real bad through headphones. But that's what I mean, I think these songs might have been put through some filter that exaggerates highs and neuters lows, to work well with the 3DS's tiny little tinny speakers. I'm probably wrong though.

I hadn't considered that maybe it's because I'm playing the demo but the recordings from the full game hardly sound any better...

Should have included an option to turn off the 3DS speaker tuning like FE:A.

oh. that's actually a thing?

sweet. my asspull is vindicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom