• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

So for those who played Fire Emblem Awakening (I didn't), do these characters retain the same voice actors from the original game?

Lucina sounds like Laura Bailey, and I looked it up, and she did her voice in Awakening as well. Don't know about Chrom or either Robin, though.

And has Marth ever had an English voice, or is he just gonna speak Japanese forever in Smash Bros.?

They all sound the same to me.

Though I'm not sure about Robin's default voice. I don't remember his/her voice well since I may have adjusted mine to be different. It sounds similar.

Mista Koo

Huh? This is going off of the 3DS demo select screen, which featured 24 squares per page. If feel like you can't shrink down those spaces anymore without making them too small (especially on OG 3DS). I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the rest".
I meant something like this:

0vuetlg.png

It tells you that there's another page.

So for those who played Fire Emblem Awakening (I didn't), do these characters retain the same voice actors from the original game?

Lucina sounds like Laura Bailey, and I looked it up, and she did her voice in Awakening as well. Don't know about Chrom or either Robin, though.

And has Marth ever had an English voice, or is he just gonna speak Japanese forever in Smash Bros.?
All the Awakening characters still have the same voices.

Robin looks so amazing, I am definitely gonna try to main him. I wonder how his magic books all work, exactly?

Also, loving how thoroughly and completely Sal Romano's dumb leak has been exposed for what it is - a fake. :D

I wouldn't say it's a complete fake. At the very least, I'd still like to see Shulk and some form of Rhythm Heaven rep.

Alongside Lucas, of course!

"It tells you that there's another page."

You can still switch between pages however you originally planned.
Eh, seems like an unnecessary addition to me. People would be able to figure it out (you could even put up cues), and it just leaves it looking unfinished. I guess we'll see.

Its full blown denial to say that the leaker did NOT have insider evidence, providing up until this morning, he had a perfect record. He called 6/6 on leak one, and so for 2/5 on two, with mounds of evidence for a RH rep and Shulk. Even Chrom was outdated, you would be the one in denial to say that calling 10/11 characters never happened.
What I think happened is that, like Pokemon X & Y, Fire Emblem Awakening was predetermined to have a newcomer in the game, and Chrom was probably initially that character for obvious reasons.

One thing Pokemon and Fire Emblem have in common is that they both have a revolving door of characters to choose from and both of their most recent games were successful enough to have a guaranteed newcomer spot on the roster.

I wouldn't say it's a complete fake. At the very least, I'd still like to see Shulk and some form of Rhythm Heaven rep.

Alongside Lucas, of course!
I'm strongly of the opinion that the original six character leak was true - no one could have possibly guessed Wii Fit Trainer without having information on her, and Villager was too far out there to be a "guess" as well. However, I believe that there is an extremely strong possibility that the remainder of the leak has been completely fake - the only character it got right was Palutena, who was an incredibly obvious choice from the beginning. With Chrom HARD deconfirmed, I have to assume the second list was bogus.

That said, I would still love to see Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep is still my most wanted newcomer. And thankfully Shulk is pretty much guaranteed to be an Assist Trophy at worst and a Rhythm Heaven rep seems decently likely due to the Sneaky Spirit present in Smash Run, so...

I'm banking on Rhythm Monkey or Marshal showing up before the roster is complete.

Anbec7

the fanart is starting huehuehue.
But I still need to see that quality like that guy from pixv that I always forget hir name.

I'm strongly of the opinion that the original six character leak was true - no one could have possibly guessed Wii Fit Trainer without having information on her, and Villager was too far out there to be a "guess" as well. However, I believe that there is an extremely strong possibility that the remainder of the leak has been completely fake - the only character it got right was Palutena, who was an incredibly obvious choice from the beginning. With Chrom HARD deconfirmed, I have to assume the second list was bogus.

That said, I would still love to see Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep is still my most wanted newcomer. And thankfully Shulk is pretty much guaranteed to be an Assist Trophy at worst and a Rhythm Heaven rep seems decently likely due to the Sneaky Spirit present in Smash Run, so...

I'm banking on Rhythm Monkey or Marshal showing up before the roster is complete.

I swear, I must be the only one who thought Sakurai would change his mind on the Villager! XD

Fair enough thoughts, though. I feel like I'm leaning towards the "outdated list" camp considering the mention of an X/Y Pokemon(remember how Greninja initially didn't have a name in development?). In any case, you can't just guess Wii Fit Trainer.

A friend of mine claims he's improved the reveal trailer

Fun Fact: Lucina's English VA is also Rise from P4/P4G/P4A/P4AU & Chun-Li.
Almost forgot, Lucina's VA is also Fetch from inFamous: Second Son.
And Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist (both 2003 and Brotherhood) and Blaze the Cat since Sonic Colors and what point are we making here

Laura Bailey is very prolific, yes, but this is like pointing out "hey, did you know Nolan North and Troy Baker are in everything?". (Come to think of it, I wonder who they are in Smash...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom