• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

zlCfzSDrttg1hcxJZj

Pic of the day. Here's Dr. Eggman's machine, Eggrobo. It'll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams.

Looking good on the 3DS.

JoeInky

I still think it's possible they might hold back a few new unnanounced characters and release them for free in an update on the 3DS when the WiiU version releases.

JediLink

Guys, I need to post because if I don't and it happens, I will always regret it (not really)...but I was thinking, and what if Chase McCain from Lego City was a DLC character? The Lego games have always had a strong foothold on Nintendo systems, and Nintendo published this game themselves. He would have a very translatable moveset with all the different disguises.

What say you?

You really think Nintendo's going to get the Lego license for Smash?

DaBoss

It doesn't seem to be far apart.
y7BUhTj.jpg

I think it is because his head isn't tilted downwards and he isn't hunching forward that makes his snout cover the gap between his eyes which gives an illusion that makes the eyes seem further.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like how the French name for Ivysaur didn't annihilate the Japanese name. Herbizarre is really perfect.

Forkball

The dumbest thing for Nintendo to do would to release Smash after Christmas. If it gets to that point, Nintendo should just make everyone drop everything and work on Smash. I don't care if they don't know what to do, I'm pretty sure the Splatoon guys could fetch Sakurai some coffee and instant noodles.

I think there have been some instances of games coming out right after Christmas though.

Kouichi

Doesn't Nintendo want to start releasing amiibo within 2014? They've said multiple times that Smash U will be the first game to use amiibo. Captain Toad is the only other 2014 game using amiibo, so Smash needs to come out before that.

Keeping that in mind, if Smash comes out in 2015, then they have no games releasing within November and December.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mega Man at E3, Sonic in October, Pac-Man at E3, Snake in October...

That would be nicely symmetrical

But But 3DS will be out before October.

I imagine it's more about their movesets being totally customizable than anything else.

I thought they already have their own default moveset.

That didn't stop Miis from appearing online in MK8 or any other online feature that uses Miis like miiverse.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen Hitler or anything in Mario Kart 8 ever since Day 1.

Honest question: How many people here actually want Ridley in and aren't just supporting him because:

- You are doing it for someone else
- You're in it for the idea of more diversity (in this case villanous/creature)

I've pretty much begun to realize over time that I have no real personal hype (at least not to the levels the greater internet have taken it to) for the character so much as it's one of those "it'd be cool for others if it happened, so why not" situations for me.

I'm out! 95% just for my friends, but when you bought up villainous character, I admitted that I love to play as villain in Smash. So yeah.

I like Medusa (and Hades) better than Ridley and King K. Rool, personally, too, but I can't imagine getting a Kid Icarus villain before a Metroid or Donkey Kong villain. That'd be like getting an EarthBound/MOTHER villain. Not gonna happen, sorry.

Quoted, just in case. ;)

Also you need to have a slot for DLC button in case if DLC actually happened.

I'm trying to think of who I used to think was guaranteed in Smash this time.

I was convinced Magnus was a lock. I guessed correctly on Rosalina. I thought Pokemon Trainer would be updated to the X/Y starters so I'm like one-third right there.

I'm envy of you. I wouldn't dare to think of any characters being locked other than obvious veterans. Even I'm pretty sure that Palutena, Chrom, Little Mac and Takamaru have good chance to be in the game. I'm dearly wrong about Takamaru for now.

Anyone want to make an avatar bet for SSB5? (the successor to For 3DS / Wii U, not the Wii U ver.)

Maybe.

Sad there wasn't a "Super Bash Sister" title when Palutena was confirmed x)

I'm seriously considered that title for Official Thread but I don't know yet. We have like 4 new female characters.

You should have been there when Greninja was leaked (Pokémon X/Y leak). The meltdowns!

Greninja's leak were amazing. I don't understand why people were upset about it.

So what are the chances Smash Wii U will be out for xmas?

I'm petty sure that it would be out before Christmas.

Mr Swine

Banned
zlCfzSDrttg1hcxJZj

Pic of the day. Here's Dr. Eggman's machine, Eggrobo. It'll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams.

OMG OMG OMG THAT CONFIRMS THAT DR EGGMAN IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!!

I wish this was a hint but we knew Eggrobos was in the game in E3 :(

Eggrobos looks cool and I'm glad he functions the same way in SSB4 as he does in S3&K :D

Spinluck

The Smash 64 character select remix for the results theme sounds sweet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn-MkUXyHMo

Heard this at my time with it at Best Buy. So good.

I purposely stayed on the result screen a little longer just to hear it.

The character select screen also had a nice remix of it. I remember people were saying that this new theme was a homage to that tune but I wasn't really able to hear it till now lol.

Does anyone else really dislike the new aesthetic direction of Smash Bowser? He used to use his shell and claws for most of his attacks, but now he's...punching, like everyone else. I don't get it, because his aesthetic allows for a lot of unique attack methods, but they're being tossed aside in favor of more generic animations. It really makes me sad, since Bowser is one of three characters I love to play.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why is spanish the worst :(

Like seriously, what's wrong with "Capitán Falcón"? "Captaín Falcon" is totally bad. (unless somehow captain is his actual first name)

Even pronounces Ike wrong.

Everyone tried their best to say "ayk". Spanish just said "ee-que?"

It works in English.

The French voices for Brawl was really grating though, Roi Dadidou, tape dans le mille, oh god

No it doesn't.

It invented the idea that the bulb monster thing is a dinosaur (it isn't - Japan plays around it and considers it more as a frog), removed the "strangeness" theme of the line (that's why French name is great - it kept the "isn't it strange?" theme with Bizarre) and uses irrelevant plant names. It's a common Gen 1 English naming problem thankfully rectified in Gen 2.

Rayis

I'm pretty sure that with the Gematsu leak, we already know the full roster, there's only a couple questions we need to answer:

-Whether Snake is coming back
-Ness or Lucas both coming back or one of them cut (most likely Lucas)
-Who the 5th Pokemon representative is (most likely Jigglypuff) or if there will be a sixth one with Mewtwo coming back
-Confirming whether the newcomers leaked such as Chrom, Chorus kids,Shulk are actually in the game

but other than that, I'm certain the leak is actually accurate.

JoeInky

Does anyone else really dislike the new aesthetic direction of Smash Bowser? He used to use his shell and claws for most of his attacks, but now he's...punching, like everyone else. I don't get it, because his aesthetic allows for a lot of unique attack methods, but they're being tossed aside in favor of more generic animations. It really makes me sad, since Bowser is one of three characters I love to play.

I like it.

I love bowsers old animations but I think the new ones go well with his redesign and concept of making him a faster fighter.

I usually try to main Bowser unless he's completely unusable and before he was a bit more animalistic, but now he just looks downright cruel, anmd I love that.

Now he just needs a dry bowser skin.

Also because sakurai and the team seem to focus more on making nice animations rather than balanced moves, any move where he used his shell had massive lag on it that made it pointless to use.

Kouriozan

It doesn't seem to be far apart.
y7BUhTj.jpg

I think it is because his head isn't tilted downwards and he isn't hunching forward that makes his snout cover the gap between his eyes which gives an illusion that makes the eyes seem further.

Yeah, Bowser looks really good, we're not used to see him standing like that :p

Berordn

I dunno since the time between 3DS and Wii U release date don't really give enough time to make few newcomers unless he's talking about Sakurai holding the characters back for Wii U.

That all depends on when the games go gold. If they're scrambling to finish both versions every second before they release then that's unlikely to happen, but it's pretty unlikely that development is so pressed that they wouldn't have some downtime from the point where the code gets pressed to release day to finish up content that didn't make the final cut.

For all we know, the games could both already feature complete and they're just in the process of QA testing and localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom