• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Actually, it didn't turn out 100% true. The first leak said that all 6 characters would be revealed at E3 (similar to how he implied Shulk would be revealed on Monday) and only 3 of them were, which is why a lot of people didn't believe it for the longest.
I gave it the benefit of the doubt on that because last minute E3 changes are not unprecedented and the character reveals were all seperate so it would be rather easy for them to pull certain characters. However the Capt Falcon, Lucina & Robin trailer was always going to be one trailer so Shulk not being in that trailer basically doesn't allow for similar excuses.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
If only there was some retro character who hasn't been in Smash yet. Perhaps someone who had an NES game and none since. Perhaps some sort of samurai, a unique archetype not yet represented in the roster. Maybe Nintendo could bring awareness to this character by releasing his game on the eShop weeks before Smash came out. IF ONLY THERE WAS SUCH A CHARACTER.
I didn't know that the dog from duck hunt was a samurai.

If only there was some retro character who hasn't been in Smash yet. Perhaps someone who had an NES game and none since. Perhaps some sort of samurai, a unique archetype not yet represented in the roster. Maybe Nintendo could bring awareness to this character by releasing his game on the eShop weeks before Smash came out. IF ONLY THERE WAS SUCH A CHARACTER.
Stop making such outlandish claims. We all know that no such character exists, especially not one that was ripe for reintroduction due to various recent factors leading up to the perfect opportunity for such an occurrence.

Hatchtag

Banned

I can think of at least two Samurai reps more deserving than Takamaru.
X69qC8i.png

LE7Agbu.png

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I'll accept Lloyd only because his game is awesome.
However they didn't make a Wii U HD version when both games started on Nintendo systems so he's now cut. Good job Scamco.

JediLink

Don't forget this elegant lady:

Lyn.jpg

I really like her character design. For an iaido style character, I'd prefer her over Takamaru. She's probably never going to get into an official Smash game but at least she has a good chance to be in Project M.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn it with all these sword user pictures I'm now reminded of how awesome the Gray Fox AT was. Snaaaaaaaakkkkeeee come back so he can come back also!

Tregard

Soothsayer
Are we expecting Ms. Pac-Man to be a costume choice for Pac-Man? I personally am hoping for Jr. Pac-Man and Professor Pac-Man as well

200px-Prof_pacman_flyer.png

stoned and more stoned

unless it's a single, animated trophy? was that ever clarified?

There were some animated trophies in Brawl. That DS detective was. Although I'm pretty sure people determined one was the Wii U and the other was the 3DS trophy. The second image is lower res compared to the first.

Hatchtag

Banned
There were some animated trophies in Brawl. That DS detective was. Although I'm pretty sure people determined one was the Wii U and the other was the 3DS trophy. The second image is lower res compared to the first.

Doubtful. The position, the trophy stand, the shirt size and O on the shirt, and more vary between the two pictures. Either its animated, a prototype in one pic, or possibly they use different trophies in each version (which would be weird for this, because they're so similar yet a little different).
Also, that DS detective was the only animated trophy in Brawl.

Doubtful. The position, the trophy stand, the shirt size and O on the shirt, and more vary between the two pictures. Either its animated, a prototype in one pic, or possibly they use different trophies in each version (which would be weird for this, because they're so similar yet a little different).
Also, that DS detective was the only animated trophy in Brawl.

I dont think the trophy is animated tbh, but its a possibility. I feel its most likely both versions get different trophies

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I dont think the trophy is animated tbh, but its a possibility. I feel its most likely both versions get different trophies
The two pictures released match the Wii U screen ratio. It's not the case that one screenshot is from the Wii U version vs one being from the 3DS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom