• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Oh well I'm not really interested in the OP at all, I've always held that OPs in OTs are pretty well useless beyond a link to a website or something. I'd just kind of like a better take on the titles. Quality and/or humor don't come from committee decisions, this poll system ain't workin out.
Are you saying the OPs in these OTs are useless? They're the most up-to-date, all-in-one-place collection of information you can find. Heath does an amazing job.

People don't know what they want. A "title that pleases the most people" is a sure-fire way to get the most vanilla mayonnaise do-nothing title around. We just need someone with a proven actual sense of humor to take over the responsibility and run with it.

I'd rather have "vanilla mayonnaise do-nothing" then have the first 5 pages of the thread be taken up by nothing but bitching.

One thing I want to learn how to perform is doing tilts with perfection. I can rarely do them and feel it limits what I can do with combo heavy characters such as Sonic. Any advice on how to do them easily?

I think it would be neat to map the tilt+As to the c-stick.

Hatchtag

Banned
So... does anybody expect any new information from Corocoro?

AT MOST, a veteran a couple of days before its POTD. At worst, absolutely nothing. Probably something in between (new screenies and custom moves).

Not necessarily. Just because they'll be showing confirmed characters doesn't mean they won't reveal any new information. What about Dedede's Final Smash? What about Diddy's moveset? What about the Pyrosphere stage?

Sakurai wouldn't quietly disconfirm Ridley in a magazine, he'd loudly do it to everyone during a POTD or a Direct. Allows him to lick more of his fan's tears that way.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
CoroCoro's gonna have a "Mega Evolution Blow-Out" for ORAS which will be exciting, so I'm not too upset if Smash doesn't get covered too much.

Lunar15

Won't CoroCoro revealing the custom moves run counter to Famitsu's "weekly character update" feature? I'd imagine Famitsu has some sort of deal with Nintendo here.

Azure J

I pretty much didn't even know Smash 64 was a thing until the first time I saw the commercial for it. What's even more interesting was that at the time I wanted Yoshi's Story more and it was actually my sister who hyped up getting Smash. We got both at the end of our school year (I was in 4th grade going to 5th) and man did I feel stupid about almost missing out on Smash for Yoshi's Story.

I remember seeing a preview for the original game in an issue of Tips and Tricks. 7 year old me flipped the shit out.

Yep, that's the first time I saw it too. It had such small page space I initially thought it was an April Fool's joke or something, especially since the low-poly Mario looked worse than Super Mario 64 in the preview.

AT MOST, a veteran a couple of days before its POTD. At worst, absolutely nothing. Probably something in between (new screenies and custom moves).

Sakurai wouldn't quietly disconfirm Ridley in a magazine, he'd loudly do it to everyone during a POTD or a Direct. Allows him to lick more of his fan's tears that way.
That's how he ages backwards
52IifMy.jpg

Neiteio

That's how he ages backwards
52IifMy.jpg
I showed part of the April Direct to a group of non-gamer friends at a house party I hosted, saying we'll be playing this later this year, and the girls in the group said, "He looks like Michael Jackson!"

On a side note, I was amazed by how everyone recognized Little Mac from Punch-Out.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Are you saying the OPs in these OTs are useless? They're the most up-to-date, all-in-one-place collection of information you can find. Heath does an amazing job.

I'm saying I do not care about them. You are welcome to enjoy them.

I'd rather have "vanilla mayonnaise do-nothing" then have the first 5 pages of the thread be taken up by nothing but bitching.

Symptom of the wrong person(s) choosing the title, really. But more than that, symptom of people giving way too much of a shit about something is unbelievably irrelevant as a thread title. I'd rather the subtitle just be omitted entirely honestly. The interminable discussion that goes on about this title or that title with polls and critiques and LAWD what is point.

That said, I am aware that I am being just as bad with these posts. So I am going to stop now!

Ahnez

If we get a veteran, that'll last me a bit on the wait for the direct. I need it. :c

We've been getting new things all week, we're bound to get another grand picture. We can only hope it's a character.
What if Sakurai is saving the veterans for a massive Direct? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom