• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that the one that was going to "reveal the entire roster", but said the same with Brawl and it didnt happen?

Yup. We only got the starting roster last time. Most likely it'll happen again. Coro-coro wouldn't be our source for everything smash. That would be the Nintendo Directs, if anything.

My thought is the Miis are on the CSS and just greyed out online. Otherwise it looks weird and demeans them as unique characters to tuck them under some other menu. They're three unique fighters and characters no different than Mario and Kirby.

Their customization for moves is handled in the same menu as regular characters.

Selecting their face is probably as simple as clicking an icon next to them, like selecting your name. It would bring up an unintrusive popup with your Miis and you pick one. No need for a whole other menu or segregating Miis outside the CSS which would be lame.

Miis are already shafted though compared to the rest of the characters, they're not playable when customization is off. They also don't have their own trailer, art, or logo on the website. Has is be confirmed that move customization is handled on the main select screen? Gear customization too? I feel like there has to be a separate menu for all this stuff.

Oh, I guess its not worth watching at all then :p

Well hey, if it's a slow news week next week, then why not give it a chance? Any new info even if it involves what characters start on the 3DS version (if you're planning on purchasing it), is interesting to check out. I'd say consider giving it a chance when it broadcasts. Besides, we might get a veteran out of it. A newcomer would be stretching things.

Edit - I DO believe we'll start getting more legit leaks come around the end of this month though. Bet on it.

Miis are already shafted though compared to the rest of the characters, they're not playable when customization is off. They also don't have their own trailer, art, or logo on the website. Has is be confirmed that move customization is handled on the main select screen? Gear customization too? I feel like there has to be a separate menu for all this stuff.

They had their own trailer, it just isn't on the Smash Bros site, probably because it was part of the E3 presentation and wasn't stand alone. There wasn't a good place to cut it off, as it has all the Amiibo stuff in it and it would be like 10 minutes long.

They don't have an icon because they're unique Smash characters. These Miis haven't appeared in any previous Nintendo game. They don't reference Wii Sports of anything that would associate them with a Mii logo, they're entirely Smash Bros creations. This was explained by Sakurai.

Nobody has ever said they weren't playable with customization off. This is entirely made up and has never been sourced.

Customization for moves and cosmetics are handled on a different menu. But Miis share the same menu as any other character for customization, they don't get a unique "Mii" menu, other than for hats and costumes.

Ahnez

Would be a cool magazine to own, but that's about it. Expect 0 new info.

Well hey, if it's a slow news week next week, then why not give it a chance? Any new info even if it involves what characters start on the 3DS version (if you're planning on purchasing it), is interesting to check out. I'd say consider giving it a chance when it broadcasts. Besides, we might get a veteran out of it. A Newcomer would be stretching things.
Well, I will think until it airs :p

A Melee/Brawl variant wherein each player bans a character until there are only twelve left (or chooses characters until there are twelve total, whichever) would be really interesting.

I would love more things like this in Smash; just features and customization in general. A mode where every stock is a different character that spawns, for example.

Guess it's worth watching to see if what we have is indeed the starting roster or not. If not, we're guaranteed some kind of character reveal(s) next week.

I guarantee CoroCoro's not going to be revealing anything new; they'll just be collecting and packaging together old information. New stuff will come from Sakurai himself
which means veteran tonight #believe

I guarantee CoroCoro's not going to be revealing anything new; they'll just be collecting and packaging together old information. New stuff will come from Sakurai himself
which means veteran tonight #believe
That's... What I'm saying. If there is new information in the CoroCoro stream, it's going to be revealed by Sakurai first.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Maybe someone new could make the next thread. Dunno why it needs to be a monopoly.

Why? I always kept OP updated as I can. If you have problem with that then you surly have problem with some posters out there because they would to keep it consistent with their OT. Like Enzo did fantastic job with weekly fighting threads.

georly

Why? I always kept OP updated as I can. If you have problem with that then you surly have problem with some posters out there.

Yeah, you're doing a fine job. If anyone disagrees, then I hope that means that they're willing to do all your hard work themselves, otherwise, they should remain quiet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why would you want DK to look like this again?

E3aD5pK.jpg

on an unrelated note, does anyone mind holding the only handful of Pokemon I care about in my original Pokemon Y file while I don't have Pokebank? I'm going to be restarting lol

DedValve

Banned
Just leave the physics alone. That's how Street Fighter did it. Keep the models, hitboxes, etc the same from the past games, and leave the Smash 4 physics the same.

Except that wouldn't work at all. Street Fighter 4 did it within the confines of Street Fighter 4. I can't play SF3 Chun li or Ex Cody. It's impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom