• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think the Ness consistency thing is a good indicator if it's fake. The N64 has only 4-striped sleeves and they are in reverse order, so it doesn't follow the same pattern. There could still be a smidgeon of yellow on Ness' right side that were not seeing, since he's tilting his left side forward.

#IWantToBelieve
Even with the angled body you can see his shirt has a perfectly straight bottom edge.

Also the N64 version was the first one so I can excuse the sleeves on that. Since then they've made sure to follow the design to a t. It would be odd for the same director not to notice they haven't done that again with the new model.

DrStiles

Just managed to get caught up reading all of the leak stuff. This is pretty much how I feel things went down
fire_community.gif

VandalD

Put me on #TeamFake on all of those leak

I don't think Sakurai's is that stupid to bring back Dr.Mario from Melee and not Mewtwo.
Wouldn't be stupid. Just a matter of what they can do in development. Look at Lucina, and then remember that Doc isn't that much different from Mario.

georly

Ness untucking his shirt after two decades and Mr. Game & Watch having an outline in the CSS when he had none in the Pac-Man trailer are the biggest calls for me.

We'll know whether ness was redesigned by sakurai, or if the pac-man trailer G&W was an anomaly soon enough. Those things are good evidence for believing they're fake, but still do not actually, factually, disprove it. Tons of other details like that are the same.

I'm sure I could come up with compelling arguments like that for brawl characters, too.

Like i said when it was first leaked, the thing that SELLS it for me is the 'clone corner' in the bottom right.

Most leakers will have put Dr Mario, Lucina, and Dark pit near their respective franchise (Dr Mario next to mario, etc)

Having an 'ULTRA clone corner' in the bottom right sells it for me. And by ultra clone, I mean lucina-level clone, where everything is pretty much identical except for 1-2 minor changes (therefore disqualifying toon link, ganondorf, etc).

emb

So thread 15 by September 1st?
We had about 5000 posts over the previous 1-2 days. If this kind of hype keeps up, then yeah probably. Other things might start being big enough for their own threads though. And decent looking 'leaks' + PotD may calm down until then.

So let's say Wario gets shown this week

And let's say he's in the same pose as the leak's screen in his official art.

What's the reaction going to be?
"Lucky Guess"
"Maybe he got the render for Wario early and made everything else up"
"A few pixels on his chin don't line up, obviously fake"

But what if it doesn't line up?
Bragging? "Told ya so" and so on?

Will be an interesting day when that happens, which should be in a week or two, considering he's probably a starter

Vuapol

It is interesting to see that Ness may have gotten his first redesign in almost twenty years, but Game and Watch of all people appears to have been redesigned as well, so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Still thinking it's a very good fake, but I'm teetering on the edge of TeamWTF.

Bravetriforcer

Neo Member
After sleeping on it for a night, "Ness's Shirt," while very much a really good point, is starting to sound like the "The clones's boxes are misaligned" of Smash 4. A very good point about the design of what we've seen that turns out to just be weird.

What I'm not biting is the the screenshot of two characters (Shulk and Lucina) who are available as Brawl mods fighting two Brawl vets on a stage in Brawl being a legitimate 3DS screen.

Veeboy

Thread 13 and smash gaf is burning all around. The leak looks nice and I'm certainly a fan of those renders, but I'm team #imwaitinguntilthenextveteranrevealbeforetakingaside.

Gartooth

I don't believe for a second the details about Bowser Jr. fighting exclusively in a vehicle, and then having every other Koopaling as an alt.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

"Lucky Guess"

Will be an interesting day when that happens, which should be in a week or two, considering he's probably a starter

I'd imagine most would be on-board with the leaks if any veteran renders are shown to be the same. It'd be too big of a coincidence in my opinion.
If it doesn't match then that is pretty much the death of these leaks.

Leaks everywhere.

Also is Bowsers castle from Sticker Star the only new thing from Famitsu?
It shows that Meta Knight still has the same Final Smash.

Also, at least from what I can tell, Pac-Man's move where he turns into old school Pac-Man while dashing allows him to eat projectiles; that's just a guess on my part, though.

I don't believe for a second the details about Bowser Jr. fighting exclusively in a vehicle, and then having every other Koopaling as an alt.

Is all that part of this leak, or was that just in the Smashboards leak from a moth ago? It's hard to keep all these details straight.

Either way, I agree, it's pretty far-fetched.

nerdbot

It is interesting to see that Ness may have gotten his first redesign in almost twenty years, but Game and Watch of all people appears to have been redesigned as well, so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Still thinking it's a very good fake, but I'm teetering on the edge of TeamWTF.

The idea of Game & Watch getting redesigned makes a lot of sense, considering characters have the popping outlines on the 3DS and they'd want to maintain that for him. The guy who faked this probably didn't pick up on it.

For reference:

7f3c99d4deef26571c2425ab2aea0ea2.png

a9ee4e5c3cdb6622b8d0dcbeb9bd826a.png

If the leak is real and Sakurai found out about this, I guess we're getting a reveal like two/three days before launch but not in the next two weeks. Gotta keep the doubts for as max as possible I guess. We're so close anyway I don't really fucking care.

Is the top one supposed to be Gogoat or Shaymin?

I'd say they look too terrible to be real, but so do most Mega Pokemon.

The top one wasn't supposed to be anything other than a completely fake design.

True story; I thought the first Mega Evolution scans were fake and was only half-heartedly translating it for Joe, thinking it'd get disproven at any moment.

Gartooth

Is all that part of this leak, or was that just in the Smashboards leak from a moth ago? It's hard to keep all these details straight.

I'm honestly having trouble keeping up with it all, so it might just be someone else piggybacking on this leak.

Hatchtag

Banned
Aβydoς;126307619 said:
If the leak is real and Sakurai found out about this, I guess we're getting a reveal like two/three days before launch but not in the next two weeks. Gotta keep the doubts for as max as possible I guess. We're so close anyway I don't really fucking care.

This leak is on every Nintendo related forum right now. He definitely knows, but rather or not he'll respond to it is a different story.
If it's fake, I'm guessing he'll wait to disconfirm it, since he seems to enjoy trolling like that.

The old one, but they're the same thing. They even both call the dog "Duck Hunt". One is based off the other, or they're both real.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

"Lucky Guess"

If it doesn't match, I'll likely go "Oh ho ho ho ho" to myself, post publicly "well that's that" and then get an avatar ready for HenryGale.

nerdbot

The top one wasn't supposed to be anything other than a completely fake design.

True story; I thought the first Mega Evolution scans were fake and was only half-heartedly translating it for Joe, thinking it'd get disproven at any moment.

Oh yeah, same. I believed the Hawlucha leak and all of those other screenshots closer to release, but Mega Evolutions were so insane at the time, and it contradicted the fact that Mega Mewtwo Y was introduced as Mewtwo's "Awakening Form" for that movie.

georly

The idea of Game & Watch getting redesigned makes a lot of sense, considering characters have the popping outlines on the 3DS and they'd want to maintain that for him. The guy who faked this probably didn't pick up on it.

For reference:

Don't take that trailer as an indication of his in-game appearance. If it were, he would have been up on the smash bros website already.

Wasn't this hyped for a pic of the day since... Forever I guess.
Nobody gave a fuck about today's POTD, but tomorrow it's going to be quite different.

Vuapol

For reference:

I agree, and it's primarily the G&W and Ness renders that are keeping me on the Fake side.

Imagine if this leak had shown up this time last week. We'd all be waiting for the PotD, which was two hours late if I recall. Would've been a heck of a lot simpler since MK would've made or broke it.

The leak has another visual angle on a room we have not seen until today in the Tomodachi Life stage. (from Smashboards)

aoYlUTC.png

This room has not shown up in any previous screenshots of the stage.

Potential proof it's real. I would want to see something more substantial first though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Watch out tomorrow update being Sakurai literally posting its version of this meme already posted 100,000 times in the other thread

go-on-the-internet-and-tell-lies-393x500.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't really taken note that Game & Watch has much skinnier arms than usual in the Pac-Man trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom