• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I have some free time. If anyone from Bracket 4 wants to play, let me know. I'm gonna get something to drink first.

Salex_(Salex0)
Shamrock7r(Shamrock7r)
Shizzlee(Anon7906)
SolarKnight(SolarKnightR)
SoldnerKei(SoldnerKei)
Soul Lab(Soul-Lab)
SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)
SuperBowser(SuperSiddu)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

As a reminder of who I havent played

GGs Conun!

I have some free time. If anyone from Bracket 4 wants to play, let me know. I'm gonna get something to drink first.

Salex_(Salex0)
Shamrock7r(Shamrock7r)
Shizzlee(Anon7906)
SoldnerKei(SoldnerKei)
Soul Lab(Soul-Lab)
SuperBowser(SuperSiddu)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

Didn't we already play? If not I can play now

Stopdoor

the doctor mario trophy rush challenge is so hard, any tips?

Man, maybe I played alot of Trophy Rush on 3DS, but I really don't see how people have trouble with this. You just use lots of aerial attacks to hit tons of blocks, punch away bombs and shield when they go to explode, move away from the other obstacles.

The higher your chain the faster your 'fever meter' fills, so if you lose your chain or fall off you might as well quit. You really just have to have a 'perfect run' and you'll be fine.

One possible tip, at the end of a fever rush, stop punching all the blocks falling for a moment, then you can punch them all to fill up a healthy chunk of your meter for the next rush since they're easy to break. Also be strategic with the yellow flashy blocks, only use them when you need them, 'save' them if you can for after a fever rush.

Crayolan

the doctor mario trophy rush challenge is so hard, any tips?

Some of this you may or may not know, but it wasn't immediately clear to me so I'll say it all anyway:
-Always get the gold boxes as they give the highest points to help get to fever
-One exception to above, if you're already in fever save the gold box until after it's over
-Stay away from or push away (with an aerial) the bomb blocks since you can't destroy those
-The bombs which aren't block-shaped are able to be destroyed, so try to get as many as possible since they give the 2nd highest points
-Lots of up airs and nairs
-Up smash is good for clearing out large stacks of blocks
-Don't die

It's a really dumb challenge so good luck. After you succeed you'll be rewarded with a lot of gold so you may want to go after the "Collect 300kG" challenge next.

Man, maybe I played alot of Trophy Rush on 3DS, but I really don't see how people have trouble with this. You just use lots of aerial attacks to hit tons of blocks, punch away bombs and shield when they go to explode, move away from the other obstacles.

The higher your chain the faster your 'fever meter' fills, so if you lose your chain or fall off you might as well quit. You really just have to have a 'perfect run' and you'll be fine.

One possible tip, at the end of a fever rush, stop punching all the blocks falling for a moment, then you can punch them all to fill up a healthy chunk of your meter for the next rush since they're easy to break. Also be strategic with the yellow flashy blocks, only use them when you need them, 'save' them if you can for after a fever rush.
thanks thats really helpful

Some of this you may or may not know, but it wasn't immediately clear to me so I'll say it all anyway:
-Always get the gold boxes as they give the highest points to help get to fever
-One exception to above, if you're already in fever save the gold box until after it's over
-Stay away from or push away (with an aerial) the bomb blocks since you can't destroy those
-The bombs which aren't block-shaped are able to be destroyed, so try to get as many as possible since they give the 2nd highest points
-Lots of up airs and nairs
-Up smash is good for clearing out large stacks of blocks
-Don't die

It's a really dumb challenge so good luck. After you succeed you'll be rewarded with a lot of gold so you may want to go after the "Collect 300kG" challenge next.
I'll try this, I was just spamming down b and u smash earlier

Salex_(Salex0)
Shamrock7r(Shamrock7r)
Shizzlee(Anon7906)
SoldnerKei(SoldnerKei)
Soul Lab(Soul-Lab)
SuperBowser(SuperSiddu)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

Will you still be up in an hour? I'm a bit busy at the moment.

I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but is there a chance we could get a separate thread for Smash Bros matchmaking and online-related chatting? Last OT got a little much with the pages upon pages of "joining now" "loool SD" and "GGs all!" A lot of regular discussion posts went ignored among the sea of matchmaking posts.

I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but is there a chance we could get a separate thread for Smash Bros matchmaking and online-related chatting? Last OT got a little much with the pages upon pages of "joining now" "loool SD" and "GGs all!"

Seems pointless as the discussions beyond matchmaking are relatively short discussions. Usually people asking a question and getting an answer.

Seems pointless as the discussions beyond matchmaking are relatively short discussions. Usually people asking a question and getting an answer.
Seconded.

Also, in a month the thread will die down quite a bit, and deeper conversations will become more frequent among the remaining enthusiasts. Such is the life of a FG thread.

Seconded.

Also, in a month the thread will die down quite a bit, and deeper conversations will become more frequent among the remaining enthusiasts. Such is the life of a FG thread.

Well OK. I just noticed Destiny had one so I figured why not this one too. It's the first FG thread I'm following so I don't know the pattern of how these kinds of OTs usually go.

I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but is there a chance we could get a separate thread for Smash Bros matchmaking and online-related chatting? Last OT got a little much with the pages upon pages of "joining now" "loool SD" and "GGs all!" A lot of regular discussion posts went ignored among the sea of matchmaking posts.

You can make it if you want

vazel

Banned
This has also been a problem in the MK8 thread. It gets kind of annoying.

I've seen some forums with chat applets. Would it be possible to integrate that into GAF for people that are chatting about online games they're having?

This has also been a problem in the MK8 thread. It gets kind of annoying.

I've seen some forums with chat applets. Would it be possible to integrate that into GAF for people that are chatting about online games they're having?
I post on my phone. I am not going to run a chat app on the side.

I engage in all kind of theoretical discussion with folks on here. I really don't see the problem.

Man that title. How therapeutic that must be, after all these years.

The only thing I dislike about Duck Hunt Dog is that none of his taunts are his trademark laugh >:| It's his fight-start animation and shows up in the victory animation IIRC, but how do you not have that laugh + 8-bit soundbyte as a taunt? That was like the very first "taunt" Nintendo ever programmed!

Anyway, getting to salty about that for some weird reason.

Beats

Played a very long set offline earlier. First time I really felt outplayed. What should I do against someone that stands still, waits for me to do something and reacts correctly most of the time against every option I try? Against opponents that shield a lot I previously thought that with ZSS I could do a well spaced fast fall Nair or a cross up Nair and be safe, but that turns out to not be the case since my opponent was able to drop shield and dash/turn around grab me. : x

So, I pushed that option in the back after trying it a bunch of times just to confirm it. I also tried dashing in and out, empty jumping around my opponent, and using neutral b, but they wouldn't budge. At most they would just tap shield for a moment in case I actually threw out an attack or if I tried to hit them with a neutral B. I tried to mix it up a bit as well with a grab here and there (it's a bit risky with ZSS since it leaves her wide open if you whiff), but they timed their spotdodges very well most of the time against that.

I wasn't getting 3 stocked or anything. The matches were fairly close most of the time, but it felt like the hits I got on them were just lucky guesses. I didn't really have any consistent answers to what they were doing and they weren't really following an obvious pattern.

Maybe I'm just terrible at this game. : <

Vena

Played a very long set offline earlier. First time I really felt outplayed. What should I do against someone that stands still, waits for me to do something and reacts correctly most of the time against every option I try? Against opponents that shield a lot I previously thought that with ZSS I could do a well spaced fast fall Nair or a cross up Nair and be safe, but that turns out to not be the case since my opponent was able to drop shield and dash/turn around grab me. : x

Is all they are doing shield-stalling? Then boost or pivot grab them. Not much they can do then and you'll be applying endless unblockable pressure.

Durden77

The only thing I dislike about Duck Hunt Dog is that none of his taunts are his trademark laugh >:| It's his fight-start animation and shows up in the victory animation IIRC, but how do you not have that laugh + 8-bit soundbyte as a taunt? That was like the very first "taunt" Nintendo ever programmed!

Anyway, getting to salty about that for some weird reason.

Hate this too. Dunno how they missed that. It's so obvious.

Salex_(Salex0)
Shamrock7r(Shamrock7r)
Shizzlee(Anon7906)
SoldnerKei(SoldnerKei)
Soul Lab(Soul-Lab)
SuperBowser(SuperSiddu)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

Actually, can someone link me the bracket, I was trying to look for it, but I couldn't find it. I haven't seen it and I need to know who I have to play.

GGs Solarknight. That SD....=(
I kinda feel like we should just have a Ranbats thread separate from the OT.

I feel like people who want to have discussions should just bring up a topic and talk about it instead of complaining.

That being said, the old Street Fighter GAFbats thread had a separate topic, but there weren't nearly as many people playing in it. Plus it had plenty of discussion. But maybe I'm just old and grumpy.

GGs Beef

It's a good thing I already had plenty of Villager match up experience because that could've gone much more horrible otherwise

Malajax

So I'll be free for ranbats until around 5pm est tomorrow. I've definitely been slacking so shoot me a PM or post here if ya wanna go, bracket bros.

Is it just me, or has Shamrock not recorded any of his wins in the bracket? I see plenty of 0s from people he's played, but no 1s on his side.

Tansut

GGs Solarknight. That SD....=(

I feel like people who want to have discussions should just bring up a topic and talk about it instead of complaining.

That being said, the old Street Fighter GAFbats thread had a separate topic, but there weren't nearly as many people playing in it. Plus it had plenty of discussion. But maybe I'm just old and grumpy.
I'm not sure what you're irked about. I just think it would be easier to keep track of stuff if ranbats had its own thread with its own OT that could be updated and easily found.

I like to think that at least most of the time I knew when and when not to throw Aura Sphere at Villager. Still, you did get me with a couple I didn't think you'd catch :T

Is it just me, or has Shamrock not recorded any of his wins in the bracket? I see plenty of 0s from people he's played, but no 1s on his side.

Speaking of that, could you add my score please? I'm kinda stuck on my phone and can't edit it.

Top Bottom