• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Is it just me, or has Shamrock not recorded any of his wins in the bracket? I see plenty of 0s from people he's played, but no 1s on his side.
He hasn't, and either he or his opponents should. It is fine to record your opponent's score.

I am surprise you lost against Solarknight. I pegged you as the stronger player.

I kinda feel like we should just have a Ranbats thread separate from the OT.
I asked a moderator, and was told it is fine to use the OT.

I really don't get what some of you have against an active thread.

Falawful

New OT smell. 8D

I have jump set to Y, dodge set to X

This is exactly what I do.

Or at least, I did in the Brawl days when I still had my Cube controller. The button layout on the Wii U Pro is...not accommodating to this. I tried but it just grates on my muscle memory lol.

He hasn't, and either he or his opponents should. It is fine to record your opponent's score.

I am surprise you lost against Solarknight. I pegged you as the stronger player.
Nah, I won. We were just talking about the matches as a whole. I went 5-2, if someone wants to keep track.

Tansut

I asked a moderator, and was told it is fine to use the OT.

I really don't get what some of you have against an active thread.
I must've missed out on something, because I'm not being flippant when I say I wasn't aware there was some sort of history of complaints about this.

I lurk GAF for the most part, I don't really keep up with threads terribly closely, so I was finding it difficult to keep track of ranbats stuff in a thread that is much more active than most. Maybe I should've elaborated upon that first before my original post about this, but at the time I didn't know this was a source of animosity.

I've decided that the master core fight is utter bullshit, I spend more time trying to get back on the stage than fighting.
Really? Don't let him get attacks out. Constant battering. Try to avoid the last slice of the blades' multihit attack. The blades kill me the most. Second most common cause of death is the beast form. Third is the card dealer attack from Master Hand. That is a badass attack though.

never noticed this before... when you see it...
What am I supposed to be noticing here?

Any other Sonic fans a little disappointed by the lack of Genesis remixes in Smash 4??
Like, Megaman and Pac-man have a good amount of superbly composed classic remixes while all most all of Sonic's music is modern (I'm not saying this is a bad thing btw)
Is it a licensing issue or is is something else entirely?

Yeah, it was that really cool Sonic Adventure-esque Angel Island remix by Jun Senoue, and that's about it.
I can't imagine that Smash's various composers wouldn't want to touch the classic stuff and I can't imagine that SEGA is against the idea, that's kind of why "licensing issues" is the first conclusion I jumped to.
:p

Yeah, I was just starting to remember that people outside of the company composed a lot of that music...man, that's a bummer.
:/
As far as I know, licensing is an issue for Sonic 1 and 2. 3 and &K are available.

Hi, gonna leave this here

zlCfzSwUhV4D4zj_f4
Whoa congrats!

You mean the ranbats?

If we can get 10 more, I could make a 6th bracket. Otherwise, look out for season two!

http://goo.gl/forms/E1NONxv8yq

Fill that out if you want in a potential 6th bracket. If we get enough by the end of this weekend I will start one.
In!

Surprised it took this long to get to the second thread - will this be the last one, then?
Hell no!

I must've missed out on something, because I'm not being flippant when I say I wasn't aware there was some sort of history of complaints about this.

I lurk GAF for the most part, I don't really keep up with threads terribly closely, so I was finding it difficult to keep track of ranbats stuff in a thread that is much more active than most. Maybe I should've elaborated upon that first before my original post about this, but at the time I didn't know this was a source of animosity.
Another person complained about people discussing their matches on the last page. That's like...what every fighting game OT is.

Just got 50000 blocks on trophy rush, and earlier than expected too. Now I can never do that terrible mode again.
God, how long did that take?

As much as I like Smash, this is the fastest I've gotten bored with a Smash game ):
Go play something else then. It is okay to be bored.

Crayolan

Got the Fox challenge?

I have everything except All Star hard with everyone and a few "collect everything" challenges. So yes.

God, how long did that take?

Well doing all the other trophy rush challenges (before I knew the 50k one existed) got me around 5000 to start. When I discovered that the challenge existed I held off at first, then eventually started doing 3 trophy rushes after every successful round of classic since I was going through it with the whole cast anyway. I continued doing this for All Star and it unlocked after Fox's runthrough. Excluding the time before I knew about the challenge, in total it probably took around 5 days for it to unlock.

On the bright side it provided a nice break between All Star rounds since those can be really difficult and take pretty long with certain characters.

PKGaming

Banned
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!!! I've been trying to beat "All-Star Battle: Secret" on hard, but it is really freakin hard! I go in thinking "Oh, this shouldn't be so bad. They're just stupid CPUs." But I swear, it feels like they can read your mind, have higher priority, and do more damage than normal.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hi, gonna leave this here

I just did this too!

zlCfzSx_44Ip3CscKY

Finally got the last damn hats I needed yesterday and tonight after way too many dupes. Clearing 9.0 without dying was almost like a vacation after all that time I spent lol.

FSLink

Banned
I'd be interested now that I have a wired connection. (wireless + being out in Hawaii = me hesitant on joining) lol.

I did okay at a tournament in Hawaii last weekend. I don't think I got top 8 this time, got eliminated by the people who got 1st and 2nd. Someone needs to teach me the Sheik matchup.

I'd be interested now that I have a wired connection. (wireless + being out in Hawaii = me hesitant on joining) lol.

I did okay at a tournament in Hawaii last weekend. I don't think I got top 8 this time, got eliminated by the people who got 1st and 2nd. Someone needs to teach me the Sheik matchup.
At least wire yourself. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

But how long does it take to implement one stage that apparently already has data on the game disc? I mean it's not even a new stage layout so just drawing out it's release will just lead to deflated hype. They could at least say something about when we could expect it and the tournament mode.

Forkball

But how long does it take to implement one stage that apparently already has data on the game disc? I mean it's not even a new stage layout so just drawing out it's release will just lead to deflated hype. They could at least say something about when we could expect it and the tournament mode.

I bet all those features are coming out at the same time as part of some big update. They might even wait until it's closer to Mewtwo's release date.

The Metroid challenge is borderline impossible. I even played a round with me as EVERYONE but I can't control four people instantly and the stupid Metroid will suck out my stats, but then run into another player before I can do anything. WHO THOUGHT UP THIS CHALLENGE?

Sora_N

Anyone play(ed) Olimar? Any tips for me?

Yesterday night I had a crapload of trouble against Robin in For Glory, lots of Arc Fires and him charging his magic lol.

Today I fought someone playing Link, she wasn't that good but I struggled so much using Olimar and couldn't beat her once.

I'm kinda just playing around to learn the character, but man, this is the toughest so far for me. I might move on and try another character more lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but is there a chance we could get a separate thread for Smash Bros matchmaking and online-related chatting? Last OT got a little much with the pages upon pages of "joining now" "loool SD" and "GGs all!" A lot of regular discussion posts went ignored among the sea of matchmaking posts.

Pointless since you can see that OT1 thread moved pretty slow with a lot of matchmaking posts.

Geg

Oh wow, so yesterday in For Glory lost my second stock to a Little Mac's uppercut, and while I was flying to my death in the background he did his fucking side B off the ledge.

Like... I couldn't even be mad that I lost. That is just the best taunt in the whole game

Malajax

Yep, every time. I hate those damn Gunners.
Also can someone explain to me why Diddy is top tier? Just curious.
He's fast, hits hard, has a versatile projectile, and great recovery options. Really basic answer, but that's what's obvious when I catch a tournament grand final.

beta_fuse

I really want to get good with DK but I'm having hard time getting used to him. Any tips or suggestions? I'm looking to maybe make him a secondary of mine along with Yoshi and a few others.

trutrutru

I really want to get good with DK but I'm having hard time getting used to him. Any tips or suggestions? I'm looking to maybe make him a secondary of mine along with Yoshi and a few others.

same here. although some good dk players i've played do setups to make me block, and then side b me. It often breaks the shield. Leaving you open to a fully charged smash.

Finding ways to set that up would be a good start. Also, spiking people with down b is good. Catches people off gaurd. They dont really expect a spike at such a close range

I bet all those features are coming out at the same time as part of some big update. They might even wait until it's closer to Mewtwo's release date.

The Metroid challenge is borderline impossible. I even played a round with me as EVERYONE but I can't control four people instantly and the stupid Metroid will suck out my stats, but then run into another player before I can do anything. WHO THOUGHT UP THIS CHALLENGE?

Here was my setup:

4 GCN controllers on a pillow on the table in front of me, organized in a square. Rumble (Grey) cord unplugged.
Select medium-sized stage, max number of rounds.
Keep the 4 players in the corners of the game board that correspond to their pillow position. Do this by hitting up-left on the upper-left one of the controllers, etc.
If you get an item that increases number of spaces traveled on the board or slows the spinner, use that.
Otherwise, select no items by hitting A. Avoid player-moving items.
For movement, just hit two of the analog sticks in random directions until you get to forks, than hit back the opposite way. Then repeat with the other two controllers.
If you see the Metroid, identify which player is closest to it by pillow position, and catch it. Then move the other characters away, but try not to initiate any battles. Next turn, hit him again.

On another subject, I just got 127 KOs in 3-min multi-man with bruiser-type Mii Gunner spamming run-into-usmash. Knocked out 2 challenges.

McNum

So, trying to train up my amiibos in expectation of them getting company in the coming days, and I have a question.

How do I teach a Link that it's okay to use that pointy metal thing he's carrying? He's nearly level 50 and he's still really easy to beat since he has little to no close-up game. Just get past his projectiles (or catch a ride on an inbound boomerang) and he's in trouble. How do I teach him, to you know, ftilt at someone doing that, or, well, anything other than random up-smashes?

He did do something sneaky, though. Grabbed the Smash Ball and then went straight back to camping the opposite ledge and shoot projectiles. "Go on, close in. I dare you."

My Peach is a better challenge, she's a bit more reckless, and she hasn't quite understood the value of turnips, but she's no slouch. Still need to teach her that Up+B can KO, though.

kewlmyc

I just did this too!

zlCfzSx_44Ip3CscKY

Finally got the last damn hats I needed yesterday and tonight after way too many dupes. Clearing 9.0 without dying was almost like a vacation after all that time I spent lol.

I can't even mentally comprehend ever being able to accomplish this. What character did you use?

Azuran

Banned
I just did this too!

zlCfzSx_44Ip3CscKY

Yup, New Leaf has given you godly powers not from this world :p

And here I was proud of finally getting this one done after struggling with it for hours D:

zlCfzSx_-_sbwcs9Se

Top Bottom