• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, so I have the codes after all, they're in the Promotions tab in Google email.

Gave them to my friends.

We are a smaller family now then... I still love you all guys #teamwiiu

Did I miss anything in the last 24 hours?
I think my team of #TeamBothVersions is the smallest one. Although my hype for the 3DS version fell a bit since only Smash mode is online. Hope the mini-games on Wii U are online.

Gartooth

Sure, but there are no precedents for how DLC is handled.

Every developer says this. It is never true.

I don't think it is a stretch to believe him.

From what we know he has an incredible work ethic and tries to fit as much as he can into the games before their release. Not to mention Mario Kart 8 where DLC pack 1 is 6 months after release and DLC pack 2 is a year after release.

Alszem

Hate the controls in the demo... Giving us the option the change them would've been great. The Circle Pad is awful.

I think my team of #TeamBothVersions is the smallest one. Although my hype for the 3DS version fell a bit since only Smash mode is online. Hope the mini-games on Wii U are online.

Although i question how much I'll play the 3ds version once the WiiU one is out I've alway been on #teambothversions as well. My love for smash is just too strong

Yay, a thread that seems like it's for me - the lack of 3DS stuff in here cheers me up.

The DLC dream still isn't dead for me - and it won't be until my Ice Climbers make their triumphant return!

Guys what do you think about this?
1410620601-27c7ce457dd83f777e9862e36fda6bec.png

ugoo18

The 3DS version is the main version of the game, why should it have less characters than the Wii U version?

Because SSB is a home console series. As such the home console version shouldn't have to suffer because of a handheld that lacks the grunt to do what Nintendo's home console 2 gens back could do just because of Sakurai loving handhelds so much.

Main version.....

A main version that requires jumping through hoops to do what the series has been known for since the beginning. Hardly the sign of a main version regardless of Sakurai and his idea of what will evolve the series. The home console version of SSB will always be the main version.

Yeah, the differences between Link's face in each version is incredibly weird. His face on the Wii U is really wide and all his features are spaced apart. He looks so much better - and actually like Link - on the 3DS.

I hardly ever registered games on Club Nintendo so now I'm going through most of my DS, Wii. 3DS and Wii U games in case something like this comes up again seeing as Europe Star Catalogue is pretty bad as well. There's only one thing I like there.

Berordn

We don't know how many brand new stages the Wii U version has.

Wii U's already sitting pretty with 17 revealed new stages to 3DS's 23 final tally (15 to 21 if you don't feel like counting the new shared stages) They've still got a chance to cheap out, but if the final total of Wii U stages is also less than Brawl's total then they have seriously mishandled content, split versions or not.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One character maybe of maybe not being cut because of the 3DS version is hardly holding the Wii U version back. Stages can be as crazy as they want, more items can probably be on the screen if they choose to, assists will be 60FPS. The Wii U version is its own beast. Also seeing as the new characters are some of the most ambitious additions to the roster yet, I'd hardly say the development team were held back.

I, for one, welcome Smash on the bus.

Which incidentally should have been the SSE storyline…

Peltz

I have to say, I'm relieved the demo plays as well as it does. I wasn't a big fan of Brawl, and Melee is my personal favorite game ever.

This seems to be a decent blend of ideas advanced in Brawl, but without the tedium, and with a nice edge-guarding game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom