• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Son Of D

Anyone good at gif looping?

bTZvHa.gif

Just a loop of DK poking Kirby.

Kyzon

IntelliHeath pointed out a problem with the Luma Summoning and how I put it as a Neutral-Special. That would mean Kirby would also be able to do that, which is very unlikely. But we did see Kirby act friendly with Luma in the trailer.

Also, here is why the Gravity Field move is a Down-Special:
i5260bO2OYGr8.gif

Actually, you can see the yellow-ish hue that happens when you charge a smash attack with the wand wave thing.

I did have one uploaded, forgot to put it, thanks for reminding me lol.
iAJHf9EhVcLI2.gif

Well color me green and shiver my timbers.

I didn't notice the smash flash.
Good eye!

Village

Maybe she down b's them, and each colror luma does a differen't thing.

for example, green luma is the only one that did like combo's right?

Kyzon

The megaton for me right here is that her neutral B seems to be a new type of "reflector"

ibdhafQK2nbzDj.gif

Marth threw the Pokeball, but Rosie's Cosmic Field returned it to a "neutral" item (as opposed to Marth's item), and drew it into it.

I'm guessing that she makes any hold-able item thrown at her neutral, and her field will bend other projectiles around her.

Amazing idea.

I still can't believe she's (they're) in the game. I can never process Smash Bros. newcomer reveals.

I know, right? I'm still in a daze. I mean, Luma?!?

Good to see her as a character.

Funny, she fights like how I always thought Plusle and Minun would fight if they ever made it into Brawl without being IC clones.

I'm glad they were cut (assuming "pra_mai" was them). Much as I adore Gen 3, I don't want it to be represented by such shitty Pokes.

Toxi

Banned
The only Gen 3 Pokemon I'd like to see is Deoxys, but it won't happen without significant effort for the form changes (And the demand's not there anyway).

It's just so cool imagining a Deoxys that switches to Speed form to dash, switches to Defense form while shielding, switches to Attack form for its forward smash, stays in normal form while grabbing, etc.

Sorry for all of the incoming GIFs!

A Luma is Born!
iihioTjSCNTJA.gif

I think that is Rosalina's Down-Special Neutral-Special (if it is Neutral-B, that would mean Kirby can use it, which is highly unlikely, so it is either Side-B or Neutral-B). My guess is that Rosalina's base attacks don't have a lot of range, and Luma will remedy that giving Rosalina a lot of range and versatility. And maybe using Neutral-B again will make the Luma go further away or come closer.

Launch Star!
idrQfG6jqhGSJ.gif
ibnzzSzIsc7R4z.gif

That is most definitely Rosalina's Up-Special (recovery). I think that it may be possible to use Luma to attack even though Rosalina can't do anything, but because she can't do anything and it seems Luma copies what Rosalina does, that theory is probably a bust.

Holy crap!
ibdhafQK2nbzDj.gif
iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

I think that is Rosalina's Neutral-Special Down-Special. Seems pretty crazy. Also has that Wiimote pointer like effect in the Galaxy games, which is cool.
Why it is a Down-Special:
i5260bO2OYGr8.gif

Meteor Smash!
iAJHf9EhVcLI2.gif

Dat ring. Rosalina doesn't have to make direct contact to hit someone with it.

Luma Helps Rosalina With Attacks!
iMcsuALFJqfUb.gif
iPD5LElSDx5Hi.gif

I think this was fairy obvious, but still pointing it out. Luma makes Rosalina's attacks stronger. The ring attack looks like an Up-Tilt Up-Air, while the other is a Down-Smash.
The second GIF shows her Grab and Throw, Up-Smash, and what seems to be her Forward-Air.
And as everyone noticed, Rosalina has mini Galaxy-like things appear.
Also, one woman/star WOMBO COMBO!

Luma Helps Rosalina Out Of Sticky Situations!
i1V9YzyVNVNBC.gif
iuryary1GBrRj.gif
iY5sGCbLBFzYM.gif

Seems like Luma is the real hero here. Taking dat charge shot to the face!

ihgREGwvNzrSb.gif

Goodbye Luma, you're a true hero keeping the Galaxy princess safe. ;(

Luma Attacks!
ieNpuofEgsCpW.gif

Rosalina sends Luma spiraling to the left, and then Luma finishes off
the evil
Villager using star bits to pop his balloons. And then goes back to Rosalina.

Luma Takes Down Evil Tree!
ibdNg0j9xbvTFG.gif

Luma takes down the evil Villager's evil tree! There is nothing more to this and is just here as a joke lol.
If you look at the mirror, you can see Wii Fit Trainer warming up to kick some ass.

Gallery Link: http://minus.com/mLZrPZXlbFNSR

Thanks to ffdgh for correcting the Gravity Field move.
Thanks to C.Olimar788 for correcting the Up-Air part.

So good.

are these cutscenes for the story mode cas I thought Nintendo wasent doing that or a story mode

so far they made 2 lengthy CGI cutscenes

did they change there minds ?

GIANTBREADBUG'S GIANTTHOUGHTS
I'm really wondering where the Comet Observatory is. I mean, if it's not its own stage (which I wish it were), then I would think it'd be in the background of the Galaxy stage we've already seen, which it hasn't been so far. It would've been cool to have it as a stage that kind of flies through various galaxies, plus it's perfect for being Rosalina & Luma's home turf. Also, Rosalina's reveal video that's linked directly from Sakurai's Miiverse post is titled "Comet Observatory." I know we're probably not getting two Galaxy stages, but I think that its absence is weird.

Also, it's interesting to see another character that deals with mortality a la Olimar. I know the first Galaxy had really heavy themes about life and death with the Lumas, so it's cool to see that incorporated in Rosalina's moves. It is also very sad :( I think I saw this posted before, but this really does appear to be a play style like Pikmin & Olimar + Ice Climbers.

These CG reveal trailers are gorgeous, and they just keep making me sad that Sakurai has said no to a cutscene-filled single player. I would love more of these, they're sooooo good. Lol @ DK poking Kirby.

Ryce

GIANTBREADBUG'S GIANTTHOUGHTS
I'm really wondering where the Comet Observatory is. I mean, if it's not its own stage (which I wish it were), then I would think it'd be in the background of the Galaxy stage we've already seen, which it hasn't been so far. It would've been cool to have it as a stage that kind of flies through various galaxies, plus it's perfect for being Rosalina & Luma's home turf. Also, Rosalina's reveal video that's linked directly from Sakurai's Miiverse post is titled "Comet Observatory." I know we're probably not getting two Galaxy stages, but I think that its absence is weird.
Sakurai probably didn't want to include a second hub stage since we already have Skyloft.

Sakurai probably didn't want to include a second hub stage since we already have Skyloft.

True, true, but I didn't think he'd snub it completely. I haven't seen a trace of it in the Galaxy stage so far. Plus, I was just thinking something like Brawl's Lylat Cruise, where you fight on the main stage and the various galaxies are just in the background (not landing to fight like in Skyloft).

We all though this would have been the Little Mac stage but this new look...crowd is """realistic""" (in the sense: not stylized as in Punch Out on Wii, but real people), and, overall, it reminds me more of Tekken. Am I the only one?

Tekken huh

did someone say kuma or the little dragon or KING/ ARMOR KING

:p Marshall Law for smash

DaBoss

I wouldn't know whether to be happy that we get Palutena in Smash or sad that Sakurai just trolled his own fanbase at the same time.
Bait and switch seems to be Sakurai's thing for SSB4.

1. Animal Crossing beginning makes it seem like AC:Wii U, but then it is for Smash.

2. Wii Fit like thing starts to play, but then Mario and co appear doing fitness. Then WFT appears, and then the megaton that she is actually playable.

3. This time was even more bait and switch. First it starts off with Kirby (Air Ride), then goes to some sort of course that kinda resembled Rainbow Road. Then we find out it is Rainbow Road and it seemed like Kirby was joining Mario Kart which made it seem like Nintendo Kart could be a thing. But then the Luma appears and meant it had to be Smash related since Rosalina already was in Mario Kart so there wouldn't be a build up like that.

I knew it was Smash when I seen DK's fur.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A MARIO KART CROSSOVER

ahahaha, i suppose so

i figured that if it was for mario kart it'd be odd to show rainbow road off in a trailer, as i don't think it's even been shown pre-release before
... and that flimsy thread of logic saved me from sakurai's trickery!

Sciz

Maybe she down b's them, and each colror luma does a differen't thing.

for example, green luma is the only one that did like combo's right?

I'd be surprised if the color matters. That's already Olimar's schtick. Probably just random, or hardcoded stage-by-stage to provide optimal contrast so it doesn't get lost in the fray.

I'm not a Rosalina fan at all, but I'm still happy to see another female character join the roster, and it seems like her moveset and her mechanics with the Luma bring a lot to the table. It's about time there was a newcomer reveal as well. It looks like they're having some fun with the physics in this game, what with the rotating Galaxy stage, and the way Mario's FLUDD behaves when Rosalina redirects it.

Also, on the Metroid stage, I'm not sure if they'd been shown in previous PoTD's, but it seemed like there were more dents in the wall than I remember - so maybe Ridley really is a stage threat who comes flying in and out every so often.

And, I'm a bit gutted we weren't given a Mario Kart launch estimate besides "Spring" because, I highly doubt we're going to see Smash before Fall or Winter next year, and definitely not anywhere near the release of MK8 since Nintendo will want to spread their releases out a bit. I guess it depends how often we get these kind of megaton Directs I guess.

-Horizon-

And yeah, now that you mention all those other times, Sakurai seems to be on a trolling streak.

Watch the next trailer we get seem to be about Pokken when in fact it just introduces Pokemon Trainer back again.

more like bam! reset bomb dropped!

...she'll be a stage hazard?

And yeah, now that you mention all those other times, Sakurai seems to be on a trolling streak.

Watch the next trailer we get seem to be about Pokken when in fact it just introduces Pokemon Trainer back again.

isn't there a Kid Icarus stage that looks like a reset bomb is going to be dropped on it at some point

also clearly the next trailer will look like an X reveal before Shulk is confirmed #believe

-Horizon-

isn't there a Kid Icarus stage that looks like a reset bomb is going to be dropped on it at some point

also clearly the next trailer will look like an X reveal before Shulk is confirmed #believe

Yeah I think so, it was a 3DS stage if I recall correctly.

And if Sakurai teases X but actually reveals Shulk, I will flip tables, X is maybe the one Wii U game I am most excited in seeing more of.

L00P

Holy shit she looks fun to play as! I've always wanted to see some kind of puppeteer/summoner-type character for smash. Something I imagined Poke trainer woulda been back before Brawl came out

I was thinking that the Pokken Fighters was actually just Smash Bros with Lucario returning and Blaziken as a newcomer.

Top Bottom