• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

J-Tier

Soooo does anyone have an idea of why in some clips the lumas are different colors? I can't think of any reason right now. I thought it was interesting.

My guess would be alt. colors because Rosalina was cropped out of all the appearances of a colored Luma--I think.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I don't even think the Super Punch-Out!! character is "officially" considered Little Mac in Japan. He's just an unnamed protagonist.

Well, in the Virtual Console description for Super Punch Out!!, Nintendo of America calls him Little Mac. But that seems to be nothing more than uninformed marketing. The protagonist isn't named in the game itself or the manual, he is unnamed, just like in the first two arcade games, which Super Punch Out!! is a sequel to.

EDIT: So many tired typeO's. Look hard, there may be more!

J-Tier

Rosalina's visible in some of the shots with colored Lumas. I'm sure it's just random.

I see, that's interesting.

Also, no reason to get hyped about tonight's miiverse eh?

Best time to reveal a character Sakurai. No one would expect it.

ffdgh

Soooo does anyone have an idea of why in some clips the lumas are different colors? I can't think of any reason right now. I thought it was interesting.

They look random. I think the colors may affect her down b since she had the blue luma when pulled all the items towards her like a pull star. May be over analyzing tho lol.

I hope she can summon polari too.

If Rosalina's gravity move (Down B) attracts AND redirects objects, how are we supposed to choose which one we want to activate? Does it use some kind of physics to just move around projectiles/items? If so, does that mean you might accidentally attract a projectile if you're slightly above it for example?

ffdgh

If Rosalina's gravity move (Down B) attracts AND redirects objects, how are we supposed to choose which one we want to activate? Does it use some kind of physics to just move around projectiles/items? If so, does that mean you might accidentally attract a projectile if you're slightly above it for example?

Maybe the luma's color affects it? blue lumas do turn into pull stars in mario galaxy and she happened to have one when gathered those items..

Timeaisis

I actually think their two different moves. Both would require Luma partner.

Down-B: Spawn Luma. When Luma is already spawned, redirect projectiles.

Neutral B: (requires Luma) Pull items towards Rosalina (hold to keep pulling).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guessing the entire week will be "Here is Rosalina attacking. Luma can use moves too! He changes colors. Look at that item Rosalina has!".

EulaCapra

I fear when Zelda is announced and Palutena gets revelaed (and she better), these two along with Peach and Rosalina will be the subject of many group upskirt pictures.

Hey, after Brawl's disastrous no-new-female policy, I'll take what I can get.

I think Rosalina can choose what color of Luma she summons, and each one acts/reacts differently. Some mirror her movements, others shoot star bits, etc.

Loco4Coco

Maybe the different color Luma indicates health, the more darker/red it is the weaker it is. Though Mega Man did KO a green Luma so idk.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
more proof of starry areas

stars1aujx.jpg

PK Gaming

I fear when Zelda is announced and Palutena gets revelaed (and she better), these two along with Peach and Rosalina will be the subject of many group upskirt pictures.

Hey, after Brawl's disastrous no-new-female policy, I'll take what I can get.

I'm sure the goddesses will have anti-upskirt technology

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You think we'll see the probable "Rainbow Road" level in an update soon?

I mean, it's gotta be a level, right?

GamerSoul

I think Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina might be all the new female reps. That would be a nice and varied group, imo. I'm still hopimg for syrup or impa but it might be time to change my avatar. lol

Mariolee

There's going to be an update today, right?

Yes. Most likely another Rosalina pic, probably highlighting her visual design or maybe how the Luma works.

If Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi are in this game, hopefully they aren't separate characters. Alternate costumes would be neat.

It'll be a darn shame if alt costumes aren't pushed more in this game. I would be entirely OK with less newcomers if everyone had alt costumes.

Top Bottom