• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

Richie

Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!

Edit: Beaten! I do predict at least the next two updates will also focus on Rosalina.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Everything is coming up Rosalina.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina might be all the new female reps. That would be a nice and varied group, imo. I'm still hopimg for syrup or impa but it might be time to change my avatar. lol

dont give up hope
although im pulling for ashley, but hey the 3rd wario rep can also still be syrup!

zlCfzRQvSJoCrqnSVJ

Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!

Blizzard

Banned
I have no problem with more Rosalina pictures and gameplay info. :D

I like the sound of the player controlling both instead of the luma being just AI. It sounds like if luma could be dangerous with more than 2 players since you could leave Rosalina open to an attack if you are focusing on what the luma is doing.

I wonder how you control how far away the luma is though? Or is the luma fixed once you summon it? I'll have to rewatch the trailer.

Mariolee

"Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!"

Yup, nailed it. Something detailing how Rosalina and Luma control. First predictable screenshot in ages.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
It looks like Space Peach has a flipper in that pic.

GamerSoul

dont give up hope
although im pulling for ashley, but hey the 3rd wario rep can also still be syrup!

You're right. Some of us didn't think Rosa would be here lol. It aint over until it's over, so I'll keep hoping for the best with or without the avi.

...I really hope she isn't broken -_-

In the rights hands we're already dead, bro, well probably. I've never been a fan of these types of characters but she really looks great. The Luma looks useful and can be used to edge gaurd safely ala the trailer vs. Villager. I want to see how far the Luma can venture off from Rosa. I would main the Luma and use Rosalina as support if I could. >.>

Blizzard

Banned
Looking back at the trailer again, a lot of the time the luma follows her around, but I think you may be able either to switch into a toggle mode, or more likely use some ability (B or side-B?) to tell the luma to scoot away a bit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looking back at the trailer again, a lot of the time the luma follows her around, but I think you may be able either to switch into a toggle mode, or more likely use some ability (B or side-B?) to tell the luma to scoot away a bit.

Maybe when you summon a luma, the "control" toggle replaces the summon command when luma is in play?

SmithnCo

Yeah, perhaps whatever the Luma summoning input is (neutral B?) will either tell the Luma to go farther or call it back after one is summoned.

I wonder if we're going to get Rosalina pictures for the next couple of updates. Her being a Newcomer might change the random aspect a little.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
sakurai is just doing what he did with marth, the next update, which is this one shows off the character/characters moves more, than its back to business

Yeah, probably. I'm just glad we got so much media today! We got another gameplay trailer as well as quite a few pictures of Rosalina and Luma. It
mostly
makes the wait between reveals bearable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Completely unrelated but I just realised that yesterdays reveal had another implication. There was a decent amount of effort put into that FMV just for a character reveal. Hopefully that means they'll put in an equal amount of effort into the games opening cinematic unlike the rubbish one Brawl had.

Completely unrelated but I just realised that yesterdays reveal had another implication. There was a decent amount of effort put into that FMV just for a character reveal. Hopefully that means they'll put in an equal amount of effort into the games opening cinematic unlike the rubbish one Brawl had.
Brawl's was mainly just cut and pasted scenes from the SSE. Hopefully with that out of the way, we'll get a nice original cinematic... preferably something to do with them being toy figures like in the original.

Top Bottom