• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

r426YEX.jpg

Well, everything has wrapped up neatly, including a bow on top. No one beyond the villains died or suffered a loss. The city forgives Supergirl, Kara gets a promotion, a happy end is awarded and possibly Power Girl has arrived.

It was not a great finale, in fact the episode was quite mediocre.
Hopefully the writers fix the numerous problems of this season, and CBS gives them more of a budget.
The potential is the there, but the show has execution issues.

Effect

Rewatched last weeks episode this weekend and I think I was a bit harsh on it. The issues still stand but I enjoyed it more on a second watch. Enjoyed this episode as well.

Tabby

• Zack Snyder could learn a few things from this show. How to properly write a Super character and how not to have a sucky Lex.
  • "Thanks for saving my life and Earth but lmao ciao Kara bye. :)" Seriously though.
  • Martian Manjobber keeps on jobbing.
  • Can't survive in space? Since when? What? Superman can do it and Kara is more powerful than him though.
  • Female president! That's cool.
  • Man I love Cat Grant.
  • A season of a Berlanti superhero show that didn't kill anyone off! I am shocked. Shocked!

Kind of wish they would just kill Superman off or banish him to the Phantom Zone.

Pretty much. They should have just killed him off of screen before the season started and said there was a brutal fight in Metropolis with Doomsday, resurrect him when you're ready. There is 0 reason to keep him alive right now.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh shit, this was the season finale? I thought it felt pretty finale-ish, but I'm surprised there were only 20 episodes this season. Isn't the usual season like 23 episodes?

Was this show renewed? I thought I heard that it wasn't.

Shaanyboi

Banned
  • A season of a Berlanti superhero show that didn't kill anyone off! I am shocked. Shocked!

What are you talking about? Don't you remember Kelly last episode? Kelly, the most important of Kara's close friends? Kelly who we got to know over a dozen or so episodes, only for her death to be made all the more tragic?

C'mon guys... Kelly! The most meaningful of Supergirl's supporting cast!

Maddocks

lol at the ending, I couldn't help but think of how the flash ended its season last year on a "WHAT COME ON!" moment also. Good episode, wasted poor Superman again, why do they keep bringing him up lol He goes off world, comes back to job to sound waves and then he passes out and then wakes up and is...shes good, I'll take my leave. M'lady.

This universe superman is the worst, but also the best because of the comedy he brings. But at the end, I kinda wanted the flash to knock on the door Super Mario Brothers the movie style and say he needs her help. Sadly that didn't happen, but gives us something good to talk about till next season.

Magwik

Banned
  • Zack Snyder could learn a few things from this show. How to properly write a Super character and how not to have a sucky Lex.
  • "Thanks for saving my life and Earth but lmao ciao Kara bye. :)" Seriously though.
  • Martian Manjobber keeps on jobbing.
  • Can't survive in space? Since when? What? Superman can do it and Kara is more powerful than him though.
  • Female president! That's cool.
  • Man I love Cat Grant.

Pretty much. They should have just killed him off of screen before the season started and said there was a brutal fight in Metropolis with Doomsday, resurrect him when you're ready. There is 0 reason to keep him alive right now.
I don't think something that lacked stakes, a non-entity villain, the power of hope and love saving the day, and everything being 100% happy go lucky okay are the best lessons to take. This was like an episode of Superman Returns

Vengal

Major points if the show is willing to do that and introduce Val-Zod.

Val-Zod being someone she knew from krypton could give that love triangle drama that got friendzoned this episode.

But if it was Val he would show up for a few episodes then become a pen pal.

Tabby

I don't think something that lacked stakes, a non-entity villain, the power of hope and love saving the day, and everything being 100% happy go lucky okay are the best lessons to take. This was like an episode of Superman Returns

I liked Superman returns though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Overall, I enjoyed the season, but the last two episodes were bad. It was like the writers thought of Myriad but never figured out what it actually did until the night before they turned in the script.

The whole thing seemed overly sloppy. Like, did they explain why only National City was affected at first, but all of a sudden, the entire world is getting the worst migraine?

I hope it gets renewed, and they hit the ground running. Having Cadmus around hopefully gives them enough to go on.

So Myriad was somehow effective enough on Kryptonians that it controlled Superman at mind control levels of power. But yet when amped up it causes no damage to the two Kryptonians standing right next to it. What?

They really should have just kept Superman off world. No plot hole and we still could have gotten the texting debrief.

Enjoyed the episode, but they really need to think things through better.

Luigi87

So Myriad was somehow effective enough on Kryptonians that it controlled Superman at mind control levels of power. But yet when amped up it causes no damage to the two Kryptonians standing right next to it. What?

It was only dangerous to people that grew up on Earth from a young child (because lol science), which is why it also had no effect on Kara.

Yeah, these last two episodes undid all the goodwill they'd earned with me in the first few episodes re: the handling Clark's existence.

Now he's the big fat glaring annoying stupid contrivance I thought he'd be, and I'm back to wishing they'd simply written this show to occur in a universe where there was never a Kal-El.

Good lord, I'd still put Supergirl second for the Berlanti super hero shows but maaaaannnnn that was flat and just the bad kind of cheesy like the previous two episodes and just fucking kill Superman off, his presence adds absolutely nothing to the show, especially since they can't actually use him. I really hope the writing and season planning improves next season because there's a lot of room there for improvement.

Young Kara is going to be in the pod isn't she?

Toki767

I don't get how Alex wasn't effected by Myriad in space, where she was literally right next to the ship that never turned off Myriad even though it would've hit 100% power by the time she reached Supergirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom