• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuHayate

Dahbomb said:
dantevnerocr6.jpg

Two white haired humans with demonic roots on Sparda's statue. Do you guys think this may symbolize something?

DarknessTear said:
I don't know if I really like the CG. Wasn't too big a fan of it when I saw the direct feed trailer.

Kobayashi said the game was entirely 100% real-time. They paused, zoomed, and manipulated the trailer during their stage event.

Saoh

RyuHayate said:
Two white haired humans with demonic roots on Sparda's statue. Do you guys think this may symbolize something?

as long as i recall, Nero is not a demon.

and that is Sparda statue, right? i asked that but no one replied. he doesnt look demonic there :p

Okay I just hate the design! Their hands and stuff look like mannequins! Also their noses are ugly and weird and Nero is the only decent looking character out of the bunch. Also Dante's eyes look a bit ****ed up.

The game is pretty but I just don't like the cutscene stuff!

Dahbomb

DarknessTear said:
I don't know if I really like the CG. Wasn't too big a fan of it when I saw the direct feed trailer.
LOL, all the cutscenes are 100% realtime in DMC4... You have to give Capcom more credit than that, that would be some pretty weaksauce CG. :lol

Dahbomb said:
LOL, all the cutscenes are 100% realtime in DMC4... You have to give Capcom more credit than that, that would be some pretty weaksauce CG. :lol

Yeah, people said that already, yo. Mind you I love DMC! I just don't really care for how the peoples look.

Dahbomb

I don't know, you went from not liking the game's "CG" to not liking the game's "FMVs" to not liking the character designs...

Anyway I like the character design, though it's a bit JRPG-ish for DMC. Dante looks DAMN bad ass in just about every shot!

DarknessTear said:
Yeah, people said that already, yo. Mind you I love DMC! I just don't really care for how the peoples look.

Wha?

Dante looks pimp. That jaw can cut through ice man.

And the girl is cute. Like her design even if it is a little Parasite-Evi'ish. Did you want overly large big ass titties and goth leather or something :lol

Sagitario

Odd question (and maybe a bit off-topic):

Are there any videos of people playing DMC3 (good players, not necessarily 'OMFG! How the hell did he do that?' players) showing the controller and hands of the player? I'm just curious of how they play and make all the combos and stuff, how fast they are...

remember folks, the character models look almost no better than those in RE 4 cutscenes....

or so someone said before tgs hehe...turned out, they were, they were pretty far wrong

peace

Does anyone still have that ruliweb super-super high res trailer off-cam.

The link no longer works, can anyone host it elsewhere?

It's the one with solidsnakex posting screen-caps of. (basically, it's the highest res. footage we have of the trailer with decent sound.)

EDIT: Dahbomb check your PM box.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
:D
Zenith said:
I could live without the "princess", especially one that spontaneously bursts into song.

Was she really singing. I thought it was the background music and she was talking. oh man, i really hope she does not burst into song.

Oh and something I wanted to touch on, don't anyone of you think it is uncharacteristic of Dante to crash into a cult gathering and start murdering people? not demons, but people?

This is something Vergil might do and seeing how they are twin brothers, I would not be shocked if it was Vergil impersonating Dante. And maybe He (Vergil) is after that "god hand" of Nero's.

Just a thought.

neojubei said:
:D

Was she really singing. I thought it was the background music and she was talking. oh man, i really hope she does not burst into song.

Oh and something I wanted to touch on, don't anyone of you think it is uncharacteristic of Dante to crash into a cult gathering and start murdering people? not demons, but people?

It's pretty obvious she's putting on some kind of perfomace at the church or where ever it is. And I don't Dante killing anyone. Looks like he's pointing the gun at the leader and then everyone else runs away.

Edit: And someone please rapidshare the HD cam vid.

neojubei

dynamitejim said:
It's pretty obvious she's putting on some kind of perfomace at the church or where ever it is. And I don't Dante killing anyone. Looks like he's pointing the gun at the leader and then everyone else runs away.

Yea you could be right. I would have to watch the video again when i go home after work. I could have sworn he had bloobd on his face after cutting up a few guys.

There was also something different in dante's eyes, something sinister. I still have this feeling that this guy in the red coat, isn't Dante or to the least not the Dante we've known in past game excluding DMC2.

dynamitejim said:

He doesn't do anything to that leader but later in the trailer you see him swing his sword in a half circle and cut a group of the followers.

dantebootskz4.jpg

That scene specifically.

Dahbomb

Um there is blood on Dante's face and there is a part where he slashes a whole crowd of soldiers around him. Even Capcom said that he slays the templars when he bursts in. After Dante points the gun at the priest's head, there is a gun shot sound and the screen fades to the Devil May Cry 4 logo.

I am sure Dante has a legit reason for doing all of that since he doesn't seem to even attempt to kill Nero even though Nero is trying to kill Dante.

Then, again it COULD be Capcom playing tricks on us yet again. Check out these two images:

bloodyface1mx2.jpg

n20060916_01_dmc411.jpg

Dahbomb

Sorry for double posting but this is important:

Can someone re-upload the "Official Devil May Cry 4 Thread" Image in the first link? It doesn't seem to be working all that well.

Dahbomb said:
I am sure Dante has a legit reason for doing all of that since he doesn't seem to even attempt to kill Nero even though Nero is trying to kill Dante. [/IMG]

In one of the translations it said that initially it would seem like Dante was the villain because of what he did to Nero's squad. So it seems pretty obvious that by the end they'll be working together. Co op! Hopefully atleast.

neojubei

SolidSnakex said:
In one of the translations it said that initially it would seem like Dante was the villain because of what he did to Nero's squad. So it seems pretty obvious that by the end they'll be working together. Co op! Hopefully atleast.

But that does not make sense. Some guy comes in kills all your friends/allies and now you are partners with him? I think maybe Nero learns that guy was not Dante, but someone else and teams up with Dante to defeat him, maybe......

neojubei said:
But that does not make sense. Some guy comes in kills all your friends/allies and now you are partners with him? I think maybe Nero learns that guy was not Dante, but someone else and teams up with Dante to defeat him, maybe......

There's a good possiblity that he's killing them because he knows something that Nero doesn't, which you'll find out as they story unfolds. Which opens up the possiblity that they'll use a zap system like from RE2 where you're able to play through with Nero and Dante to get the full story.

neojubei

Dahbomb said:
Um there is blood on Dante's face and there is a part where he slashes a whole crowd of soldiers around him. Even Capcom said that he slays the templars when he bursts in. After Dante points the gun at the priest's head, there is a gun shot sound and the screen fades to the Devil May Cry 4 logo.

I am sure Dante has a legit reason for doing all of that since he doesn't seem to even attempt to kill Nero even though Nero is trying to kill Dante.

Then, again it COULD be Capcom playing tricks on us yet again. Check out these two images:

bloodyface1mx2.jpg

n20060916_01_dmc411.jpg

Oh crap here comes another crazy theory from my mind. What if these are Two images on the same event? What if Dante was there, but didn't kill anyone, however maybe in the mind of Nero, Dante did kill his allies and Nero in his mind, sees Dante with blood on his face. Maybe it is all a rouse on Nero and in the end it gets cleared up and he is working with Dante to stop whomever is the antagonist.

>_<

SolidSnakex said:
He doesn't do anything to that leader but later in the trailer you see him swing his sword in a half circle and cut a group of the followers.

dantebootskz4.jpg

That scene specifically.

I see. Still, I don't how it's uncharacteristic. And is it just me or does it sound like Nero stole the arm power and Dante wants it back? Or has that already been confirmed?

Dahbomb

It could actually be one of two things:

1) Capcom added blood to Dante's face in the trailer exclusively and when you actually play the game, the same cutscene doesn't have blood on his face.

2) There will actually be blood on Dante's face in the real game, the picture with the Dengeki online is from an older build and doesn't feature the same shading/HDR lighting as the one with blood on Dante's face (though it's the same pose and environment used for both pics). Capcom probably added blood later on.

I think it's option#2 that is happening here.

neojubei

dynamitejim said:
I see. Still, I don't how it's uncharacteristic. And is it just me or does it sound like Nero stole the arm power and Dante wants it back? Or has that already been confirmed?

Well from what I have played or read about Dante he does not go around killing people, whereas his brother in Devil May Cry: Code Dante and Vergil, Vergil likes to cut people's heads off or cut them in half.

And why would Dante be concerned about an arm that wants more power, unless it is his brother's arm. Now we are getting into MGS2/god hand territory.

Dahbomb said:
It could actually be one of two things:

1) Capcom added blood to Dante's face in the trailer exclusively and when you actually play the game, the same cutscene doesn't have blood on his face.

2) There will actually be blood on Dante's face in the real game, the picture with the Dengeki online is from an older build and doesn't feature the same shading/HDR lighting as the one with blood on Dante's face (though it's the same pose and environment used for both pics). Capcom probably added blood later on.

I think it's option#2 that is happening here.

That would make sense seeing how Capcom likes to show early scenes of games with gameplay/CG video and or character designs that might not make it in the final game, i.e. Resident Evil 4.

dantebootskz4.jpg

Have you noticed that all those guy's swords are kind of like Nero's? I hope we can get more info soon.

Zenith

Banned
Famitsu specifically said Dante kills all the members of the Order of Sparda or whatever it is, except for dancing queen and Nero.

they'll probably turn out to be some evil cult in the end and only pretended to protect stuff from demons. ater all who's sending in all those puppet/doll things? I really don't see the big deal, it's your basic Capcom storyline.

Dahbomb

neojubei said:
Have you noticed that all those guy's swords are kind of like Nero's? I hope we can get more info soon.
The Red Queen is the standard issue sword among members of the Order. This was stated in the Gameinformer magazine. Nero's sword is modified by him to allow him to advance the capabilities of a normal human being.

Also can anyone fix the old Official Devil May Cry 4 Thread picture? That would be very helpful.

Dahbomb

Yeah thanks man, I will put that up now. :)

YAY, I have officially updated the FAQs will the all the links and images you need. I will spend tomorrow updating the text as well but I don't think a lot needs to be changed there...

Dahbomb

Farore said:
Odd question (and maybe a bit off-topic):

Are there any videos of people playing DMC3 (good players, not necessarily 'OMFG! How the hell did he do that?' players) showing the controller and hands of the player? I'm just curious of how they play and make all the combos and stuff, how fast they are...
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier. In fact there IS a video showcasing finger/hand motion of a DMC3 player, though he is not the fastest/best around.

Still this is good stuff to watch.

Dahbomb

BamYouHaveAids said:
Allthatfan.png

WTF? I'm half expecting to see badical in the next batch.

Badical actually sounds GOOD compared to the shitty accolade system Capcom has set up for DMC4.

D: DO IT!
C: COME ON!
B: BIG UP!
A: ALL THAT!
S: SLAMMIN' BEAT!

WORST. PHRASES. EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom