• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dmc4bm0.gif

Lovely if a bit over-sliding

Himuro said:
Can someone link me to some demo footage that has a skiller player playing?

Dude we've got people talking about using analog as a dodge in the game. You aren't getting any videos of skill players right now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oldschoolgamer said:
I think what is important in that gif, is not only does he roll and slide, but, the enemies bounces off of the ground as he slides over it.

ahaha, no, sorry ;)

If u look at the video, it's just the "final animanions" of an enemy thrown up into the air just before Nero is hit.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
Dude we've got people talking about using analog as a dodge in the game. You aren't getting any videos of skill players right now.

I dont think we could get any "prefessional play" video from that DMC4 demo anyway since there are not many moves at your disposal there. The good stuff comes in when you acquire new moves (which the demo doesn't allow you to do I suppose).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
TTP said:
ahaha, no, sorry ;)

If u look at the video, it's just the "final animanions" of an enemy thrown up into the air just before Nero is hit.

That was my first thought lol. That extra slide is probably going to be a life saver.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oldschoolgamer said:
I think what is important in that gif, is not only does he roll and slide, but, the enemies bounces off of the ground as he slides over it.
There's also scene in the trailer when he's "driving" around on his sword, and at the end smashes into some enemy, which very satisfyingly bounces away. It looks very nice, and I don't remember that kind of physics based enemy interaction in previous games.

dmc4bm0.gif

That's in-game. It's Nero's "get up" animation after he gets knocked back/hit.

BTW* Can somebody make that into a GAF avatar following GAF requirements/standards?

TIA

Kittonwy

Banned
C- Warrior said:
dmc4bm0.gif

BTW* Can somebody make that into a GAF avatar following GAF requirements/standards?

TIA

That is SWEET.

Sagitario

C- Warrior said:
dmc4bm0.gif

TIA

There you go:
cwarriordmc4rollmi0.gif

Amir0x

Banned
C- Warrior said:
And we're set!

Thanks a lot!

Jesus, that is so awesome. "DMC4 is just more of DMC3!" Well thank you, intelligent journalists. That means it's ****ing incredible and a killer app. Gimme gimme

Dahbomb

Himuro said:
Can someone link me to some demo footage that has a skiller player playing?
Capcom themselves showed some nice combo set ups in the two trailers.

That slide recovery animation looks pretty sweet, we need more DMC4 gifs. :D

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I hope to God they take the damn 'loading' text away. Its just so last decade. Id much rather it just fade to black. Itjust seems like its reminding you 'HEY LOOK I AM A GAME AND I NEED TO LOAD'. Or maybe Im just spoiled by the GCs lack of loading. In any case it doesnt mesh well.

Dahbomb

PICS, GIVE ME MORE PICS!!! :D

DMC4 in cutscenes looks CG/prerendered, especially the animation. It's THAT good... :D

The model on that new girl looks really good.

Dahbomb

RyuHayate said:
Can anyone confirm that they used mo-cap again?
Confirmed 100% on their blogs for the official site. Also Bosch is doing the voice acting as well as the motion capture work for Nero (Bosch is the 2nd original Black Power Ranger who was like white/Asian-ish, plus has done a lot of work in the anime business as a VA, most noteably Vash from Trigun and Ichigo from Bleach). Langdon is doing both VA and mo-cap for Dante (confirmed) and there's strong support for both Stephanie Cheeva and Dan Southworth reprising their roles as Lady's and Vergil's (respectively) VA + mo-cap. Let's just say there is "insider" information on that last two... ;)

Dahbomb

Question: Is there a video footage out there that covers the entire demo walkthough? I saw 2 that claimed to be full but the guy dies by a bunch of enemies so it wasn't a full walkthrough. I want to see the cutscene with Variel that IGN stated.

jett

D-Member
Dahbomb said:
Question: Is there a video footage out there that covers the entire demo walkthough? I saw 2 that claimed to be full but the guy dies by a bunch of enemies so it wasn't a full walkthrough. I want to see the cutscene with Variel that IGN stated.

You can download the Variel demo at gametrailers.com

jett

D-Member
C- Warrior said:
Those are almost direct-feed pic quality. You should smack those on the front page.

They're just captures from the direct-feed video on Capcom's site. SSX's captures form the HD vid show way more detail I think.

Dahbomb

C- Warrior said:
Those are almost direct-feed pic quality. You should smack those on the front page.
I am working on them right now, but the Internet that I am working with sort of is crapping out on me. I should be done updating the thread with all the new stuff by tomorrow.

I updated the first page with some new pics though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom