• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
C- Warrior, if you're watching from the sidelines logged out: your ban is lifted a little early so can participate in the spectacle ;b

Gattsu25

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Honestly, peeps are just excited to get an indication of what it looks like in motion but the quality sucks ass and you really cant make out a whole lot.

Dont blow your shit over this. Wait until we get the real deal.
Just about the only thing you can take from this vid is that the gameplay looks solid and so does the lighting, life isn't all about graphics, mate

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Fire + Destruction + Lighting in church = pretty incredible looking.

Capcom have officially become world masters of particle effects. If there is any doubt remember:

Onimusha 3 - Temple on Fire
RE4 - just about any fire effect, explosion, etc
Ultimate GnG - insane particle ffects, some of the best ever seen in any 2.5 game.
Lost Planet - crazy looking explosions

and now DMC4.

They simply have no equal when it comes to this stuff nowadays.

Blame!

i said WOW. i still expected more from the garphics but this game is just gorgeous in motion.

what's the release date again?

Kal

EviLore said:
C- Warrior, if you're watching from the sidelines logged out: your ban is lifted a little early so can participate in the spectacle ;b

Awwww that's so sweet! He must be dying to post right now! :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
Just about the only thing you can take from this vid is that the gameplay looks solid and so does the lighting, life isn't all about graphics, mate
Especially when it comes to DMC.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
EviLore said:

This here is a great man. C- Warrior is probably banging his head on the keyboards from seeing this.

Dahbomb

Confirmed 60FPS? Do you believe your eyes now bitches? :D

This is DMC4 in full glory. IS that Nero pulling out Swordmaster shit? OMFG!!!! :lol

duk

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Confirmed 60FPS? Do you believe your eyes now bitches? :D

This is DMC4 in full glory. IS that Nero pulling out Swordmaster shit? OMFG!!!! :lol

how can you tell from that it is 60fps?

Dahbomb

LMAO! :lol

Are you mentally incapacitated? Have you seen a game that fast next-gen yet? The game was running all smoothly, there was no mistaking it. Hell it even surpassed DMC3 in speed, you can tell by the combos in the air. Nero grabbed the enemy from the air so fast you don't know wtf happened in it. Anyone who knows what 60FPS looks like KNOWS THIS IS 60FPS.

:lol

Dahbomb

OMG... Capcom just managed to one up DMC3 in terms of sheer combo insanity! :lol

Nero was like shooting an enemy from the sky and just pulled the enemy towards him and started air combo him WHILE STILL IN THE AIR! :lol

keanerie

drohne said:
the movie's encoded at 30 fps, so there's no way of telling if the game's 60.

I'm not saying it's not at 60 fps (definitely looks like it to me), but we can't be totally sure.

Dahbomb said:

Looked like an Aerial Rave to me!!

Dahbomb

If that's not 60FPS, then such a thing probably doesn't even exist.

Also where the hell is C-Warrior right now? He should've blown a load by now. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
la_news060921_tgs29.jpg

Oh how I wish I was at TGS.

I see Dahbomb put a stake into my official thread, but I guess 1000 posts is too much for any thread.

And yes my babies, I will never leave you again. No supersized avatars for me anymore :(

Kal

C- Warrior said:
I see Dahbomb put a stake into my official thread, but I guess 1000 posts is too much for any thread.

And yes my babies, I will never leave you again. No supersized avatars for me anymore :(

Welcome back C-Warrior! Now join us in our DMC4 worshipaton! :D

Kal

My favorite part of the vid is where the boss smashes the building :eek: and the place that has the fancy, coloured windows(a cathedral?). Can't wait to see a HQ direct-feed video :)

n0b said:
Whats with the colors of some of the effects in the video, white blood and black orbs?

Those enemies don't spill blood. They are those machette-persian rag dolls and they 'bleed' white feathers/sand/goo or some shit.

As for the black orbs that pop out -- it could be an affect from one of Nero's attacks etc. or the result of a low quality handy-cam feed.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
C- Warrior said:
Those enemies don't spill blood. They are those machette-persian rag dolls and they 'bleed' white feathers/sand/goo or some shit.

As for the black orbs that pop out -- it could be an affect from one of Nero's attacks etc. or the result of a low quality handy-cam feed.

welcome back:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom