• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

It's actually lime green blood, if you had the GI magazine you would be able to see it. Can't comment on the black orbs though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dahbomb said:
It's actually lime green blood, if you had the GI magazine you would be able to see it. Can't comment on the black orbs though.

I hate to say this but I hate the section 8 people living on the 1st floor of my friends house. I think they are stealing my game informer magazine. I guess i will have to buy the magazine again from EB. Yes i am getting a PO box tomorrow, sad world we live in huh?

Dahbomb

neojubei said:
I hate to say this but I hate the section 8 people living on the 1st floor of my friends house. I think they are stealing my game informer magazine. I guess i will have to buy the magazine again from EB. Yes i am getting a PO box tomorrow, sad world we live in huh?
Damn... those neighbors of yours give the DMC fanboys a bad name. :(

neojubei said:
You have mentaly unstable discharged military personel living above you?

mikeGFG

Banned
Uh. That video sucked. With that quality, I might as well be watching DMC1 footage and not know the difference.

On day one of the show, I want the direct-feed, full gameplay demo. Or heads will roll.

neojubei

Mike G.E.D. said:
Uh. That video sucked. With that quality, I might as well be watching DMC1 footage and not know the difference.

On day one of the show, I want the direct-feed, full gameplay demo. Or heads will roll.

It looked much better than DMC1 with that shaky cam, but yea of course everyone here wants better quailty.

MickeyKnox said:
You have mentaly unstable discharged military personel living above you?

Nope. My friends/roomates bought a 3 family house and the people in the first floor are section 8. Their kids are the worst and look like bums and the mother, ugh, all day she smokes. When she opens the door the hallway smells of tobacco. ugh.

And I have been receiving my GI magazine for 2 months, and with the DMC cover story I am getting pissed off. Amazing how a person cannot even have the mail delivered to the place they reside. Best thing I can do is buy a PO as talking to section 8 people in a civil manner is like teaching a dog table manners. Then again, you would be able to make progress with the dog.

neojubei

Captain N said:
so it could be in the begining of 08?

wait? so in the begining of 07? You mean this game is almost done?

A man can hope. But I guess I wont have a problem if Capcom has the DMC4 TGS demo to download on Sony's network in november.

Dahbomb

To clarify, Sony wants Capcom to put out DMC4 as close to PS3 launch date as possible (to get in more console sales because of Devil May Cry name recognition). Capcom however does not intend to follow Sony's wishes since according to them they still have at least a year to go for the game and the game has to ultimately live up to its DMC name. The current slated date for DMC4 is Winter/Late 2007, but from the looks of it the game can be released anytime in early 2007 (but that will involve rushing).

keanerie

What's this new Style Accolade in the clip? Looks like it says "Slammin' Back!" or possibly "Slammin Dude" or "Slammin Dunk." Either way it's "slammin" something and whatever way you cut that, it's freaking stupid.

1UP has posted hands-on impressions (not very detailed and good old Matt Leone doesn't seem like the most expert DMC player but whatever):

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153870&did=1

The demo begins with new playable character Nero dropped down outside a large castle in a courtyard area -- if you've seen the screenshots released recently, you will immediately recognize this area, and it looks great running on PS3 in high definition. As we ran around a bit, we scaled many familiar-looking staircases and proceeded to take out a handful of clown-looking enemies with giant sickles/knifes built into their right arms and pegs for their legs.

Similar to previous games in the series, each time you come across a new room, you have to clear it to open the pathway to the next, so we spent quite a bit of time experimenting with different ways to use the combat system to get through each area. Nero's "hook" is that in addition to the standard sword/gun combo that players have seen in the series since the beginning, he has a fiery right fist that he can use as a third type of base attack. So you may launch an enemy into the air, then jump up to follow him, take a few hits with your sword, punch a few times with your glowing fist attacks, and then fire off a few pistol shots before landing. The air combos were by far the most impressive of any we saw in our time with the game.

Lock-on also plays a big role in the TGS demo. Obviously, holding R1 lets players lock-on and shoot at any enemy, but it also allows players to roll with the jump button and dash across the screen (with a nice motion blur effect) by using the sword. It's nothing you haven't seen before, but creates a nice setup that gives you decent maneuverability and control over where you attack.

Visually, the game looks great, though not much better or worse than other high end PS3 titles on display. Certain textures look better than others, but unless you specifically look for flaws you won't likely find them. Overall, the areas we visited had a Devil May Cry meets Resident Evil 4 feel, with docks and stone walls later in the demo (at sunset, no less) that showed the engine at its best (or at least, the best that we've seen based off this TGS demo).

The demo ends with players entering what looks like a ghost town with rickety wooden building on both sides of a main dirt road and all the color sapped from the scene so everything looks gray. At the end of the road, a giant metal wall starts to catch fire and transforms into a devilish looking boss that seems to be on fire. Given this is coming from Capcom, however, that's where thing come to an end, so we'll have to wait to fight this creature and see what comes next from the game.

Overall, we weren't shocked by the demo version of the game, but weren't let down either. It provided exactly what we expected going in, except with perhaps a few less corny pizza-featuring cut-scenes. The series seems to be taking itself seriously again, and we're very excited for that.

A built-in Dash? Dash using the sword? Interesting.

dmc4_03.jpg

Dahbomb

Official Site Updated!

Better quality screens and other stuff.

Also I saw that video, the guy sucked too much ass and there was no sound plus it wasn't direct feed. I give that video the benefit of the doubt since I liked the graphics. Also the game had a DMC1 feel with the kick ass combat engine of DMC3.

I will update those pics in tomorrow, I am tired as hell today! :lol

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Holy mother of GOD! DMC4... looks so beautiful in motion... I cannot... explain it....

The fire effects are the greatest fire effects in any game period. P-E-R-I-O-D.

Like whoa... highlight of the day...

Devil May Cry 4 is going to kick so much ass!

Looks awesome, but I still wish the environments had more polygons and normal mapping was used more frequently. The fire demon looks great, though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
AFAIK it's HD cam footage, blim's, don't know the quality of the player. Almost done downloading, will let you folks know.

Honestly, I'm not nearly as blown away by DMC4's visuals as the rest of GAF does -- they look pretty average (for next-gen) to me. But it doesn't really matter, because I'm sure the game will play well :)

Dahbomb

Greenpanda said:
Honestly, I'm not nearly as blown away by DMC4's visuals as the rest of GAF does -- they look pretty average (for next-gen) to me. But it doesn't really matter, because I'm sure the game will play well :)
Wait for official Capgod footage... Seriously.

Also it appears that some environments are better than others... a big difference in quality.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG
I seriously wasent too hyped about its graphics in the screens but in motion:
HOLY SHIT!!
The effects and EVERYTHING
looks amazing!!!
and if it plays like DMC3
that just great!!!
why are sites saying it like its a bad thing?!!?

gconsole

The art direction and stage design are gorgeous. The animation is very smooth and running stable at 60 FPS. Looks like the creator put some new effects to the old action. Can't wait for the final game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom