• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superman is coming to Supergirl in Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CBS-turned-CW series is casting the iconic DC Comics superhero, who will appear in the first two episodes of season two.
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... the casting announcement everyone has been waiting for: Superman is coming to Supergirl.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the former CBS series will introduce the iconic DC Comics superhero when it moves to The CW in the fall. Superman will first be seen visiting his cousin Kara (Melissa Benoist) in National City at the beginning of the series’ second season. The role is currently being cast

"Greg [Berlanti], Ali [Adler] and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. "Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!"

A young Kal-El played by Daniel DiMaggio was already seen in season one in flashbacks to Kara's life on Krypton, but this version will be the grown man the world already knows as Superman.

The casting will bring Superman back to The CW following the WB Network's former Tom Welling drama Smallville.

Who do you want to see take on the iconic role? Hit the comments below with your dream casting ideas.

Supergirl returns for season two on Mondays this fall at 8 p.m. on The CW.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-adding-superman-season-2-899862

Neoxon

I'm glad that Warner Bros. is starting to ease up on their infamous embargoes for the TV shows.

Kyne

Who do you want to see take on the iconic role?

uhm, how about the existing established Supermen you already have?

jesus fucking christ DC is so bad at this live action stuff.

Paznos

wow I can't believe it, thought they would just keep doing the crap they were doing in the first season or kill him off.

brawly

Get

Matt-Bomer.jpg
latest

and I'll watch it.

Tobor

Good, now get rid of her and make the show about him. :p

I never understood why, If the tv and movie universes were going to be separate anyway, they didn't go for the main heroes like they did with The Flash.

Same goes for Gotham. Just do a Batman TV series.

OMG please get cavill. Make the Flarrowverse an official alt universe to the DC movieverse and have Supergirl start in the DC movieverse before coming to the Flarrowverse. Then in S4 of Flash give us a Flash of other worlds crossover where the Movie flash comes to TV flash universe for 2 episodes.

Slayven

Good, now get rid of her and make the show about him. :p

I never understood why, If the tv and movie universes were going to be separate anyway, they didn't go for the main heroes.

Same goes for Gotham. Just do a Batman TV series.

OR make the character stand on their own.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The important thing about this news is that The Flash show may survive the movie!

I am super glad WB is relaxing their stance on this sort of thing.

Joni

Can't wait for them to kill Superman.

The important thing about this news is that The Flash show may survive the movie!

I am super glad WB is relaxing their stance on this sort of thing.

They have claimed they're dropping the embargo for ages. And then they killed off X on Arrow.

TreIII

Hallelujah. No more awkward off-camera moments and the like.

Does that mean it's open season for Lois to show up too, and we can see more catty moments between her and Cat?

Anth0ny

I'm glad that Warner Bros. is starting to ease up on their infamous embargoes for the TV shows.

too bad they already fucked up the whole suicide squad thing they were trying to go for in arrow

I hope this means more Batman villains in Arrow. then again I don't even think it would help that show very much at this point...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Literally the opposite of what I wanted for Season 2, but it's better than them coming up with extreme contrivances about why Superman isn't helping her with world ending events. Then again, that might stand out even more if Superman is literally on the show but just stays out of things. Hopefully they jettison him into space or something mid-season. Kara has to stand on her own.

dankir

But.... how can it be anybody else other than Henry Cavill???? Isn't the whole point of universe building is that you have the same actors playing their roles??

COME ON WB!!

Neoxon

too bad they already fucked up the whole suicide squad thing they were trying to go for in arrow

I hope this means more Batman villains in Arrow. then again I don't even think it would help that show very much at this point...
At the very least, WB will back off from limiting Flash on TV & maybe let Booster Gold be used on Legends of Tomorrow.

Joni

It is a comic book show. Just have it turn out
Deadshot
faked his death. They still have
Boomerang and DeathStroke
hidden somewhere and Harley is still there in prison.

Bomer was one of the finalists for the role back when it was a McG production, I believe.

Would he want to do it now, is the question.

Sorta surprised that, given the opportunity to basically close out that entire universe and make Kara the only superbeing in the shared continuity of the CW shows, they've decided to go in the other direction and legitimately make Superman a character. Unless the only reason we're seeing him for a couple episodes this year is specifically so it means more (we have a face attached) if/when Kara is forcibly separated from that universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom