• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superman is coming to Supergirl in Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is a poor read on the situation. Supergirl and Flash both handily beat Agents of Shield in the ratings.

A better drive-by would be taking a snipe at WB trying to save its movie characters by putting them on popular shows.
Supergirl bombed hard enough that they had to move the show to Vancouver and also change networks. I'm not sure how you spin that as a positive.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Supergirl bombed hard enough that they had to move the show to Vancouver and also change networks. I'm not sure how you spin that as a positive.

It still gets better ratings than Agents of Shield? Just not good enough ratings for CBS, the top network on television?

And Agents of Shield had the spinoff show it spent its last few episodes setting up canceled before it even went into production? And it got moved to the bad 10PM ABC timeslot because it's been hemorrhaging viewers?

You chose poorly here, friend.

Maddocks

Wait people want Matt Bomer? The guy from Suits?

No, Matt Bomer is from White Collar.

Unless they mean Gabriel Macht, who is also on Suits, that could work, I mean suits also films in Vancouver. So it wouldn't take long for them to film his scenes and take up to much of his time to allow him to be Superman and Harvey on Suits.

Magwik

Banned
Of all shows to critzice you pick the one that has been the most open in its developments. We know exactly why the show moved and much more. They aren't trying to save it as much as correct their mistakes from S1.

Volimar

zpbDRSC.gif

By donner Superman i don't mean everything about the movie. I like the theme, it's Superman's Characterization that sucks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Of all shows to critzice you pick the one that has been the most open in its developments. We know exactly why the show moved and much more. They aren't trying to save it as much as correct their mistakes from S1.
Honestly, they avoided Superman as much as possible in S1 - and I don't follow any of the actual news with the show, so I have no idea if that was DC telling them they weren't allowed or if they just wanted to troll the audience by having Clark send texts to Kara or have Superman appear as a pixel in that episode where he's brainwashed, but for whatever reason they wanted to keep Superman away from Supergirl. My comment is that with the change to a new network, they're clearly trying to do something to make the show buzzworthy, and having Superman appear is pretty much the biggest thing you can do to attract the attention of people who may have written off the show.

And I'm not even sure why there would be any defensiveness, because my actual point is that DC cares enough to let its shows do their thing whereas Marvel is just content to let Agents of Shields reach 5 seasons before killing it and putting it out of its misery. I'm saying that DC is at least trying, whereas Marvel/Disney is giving up.

jdstorm

Banned
My personal preference would be Zach Levi. Unless they really wanted to skew older. Then David Schwimmer would be my pick

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My personal preference would be Zach Levi. Unless they really wanted to skew older. Then David Schwimmer would be my pick

lmao

Wasn't Zach Levi once being considered for Supes?

I will never be able to picture it.

A ton of actors have been considered since Cage & Burton bailed out.

Cavill tried out for McG's version (FlyBy) but didn't make the cut. Brendan Fraser was seriously considered (I believe he was Abrams' choice)
Josh Hartnett was being looked when Batman vs. Superman was first being floated.
So was Jude Law (Hartnett would have faced off against Bale (pre Begins) and Law vs. Colin Farrell)
DJ Cotrona had it in Justice League Mortal but the entire project fell apart
Ashton Kutcher almost got it, but was beat out by Matthew Bomer when Brett Ratner was going to pick up McG's pieces on FlyBy but WB decided to go w/ Superman Returns & Singer instead.
They tried to give it to Will Smith but he turned it down shortly after coming off Wild Wild West.
Paul Walker apparently had it at one point, but turned it down? It was around the same time he was trying to be Anakin Skywalker, I think.

Bluth54

The "doing that" I'm referencing is having two versions of the same character existing on TV and in theaters simultaneously.

They did that in 2006.
Sorry I misunderstood you. It's not like DC will never let a film and TV show character exist at the same time (obviously it's happening right now with the Flash) but DC can be pretty restrictive on having the same characters existing in both TV and movies at the same time. It pretty famously happened to most Batman characters on Justice League and Justice League Unlimited: http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think it's a good call. They have him in this show universe. They need to address him as a person and not talking around it or via computer chat.

Oh and he's so going to get Killed in the big crisis crossover event

I'm curious as to how his costume's gonna look. Will it look just like Kara's, but with long pants? Will it be a little closer to the current comics? Will it basically be the Man of Steel suit but with the Supergirl S on it? Will there be any yellow in there?

What is it about his characterization that sucks? Please elaborate.

Well you asked for it, This takes into account One, Two and Returns.

He's a Sociopath
-Superman's character, alpha, charming, confident.
-Clark is, beta, clumsy, socially awkward.
-Superman willingly gets rid of his powers giving up the superman personality conceding to a life as Clark so he could be with Lois.
-The above illustrates that both personalities are fictions. If Clark is the real personality he wouldn't be able to adopt the Charming and Confident personality as he goes around as Superman. If Superman is the real personality he'd kill himself before conceding to a life time as Clark.
-Being a sociopath is the only way to reconcile his personas.
-He strait up murders a depowered Zod and Non and has a laugh about it with Lois.
-After consummating their "love", he erases Lois' memory. Her Memory, a person's most intimate possession and one thing that can't be normally be taken from you, and he does it without discussion or permission.
-He stalks Lois incessantly after coming back from his trip to Krypton's remains even though he erased her memory.

He's ultimately Selfish
-Early into the first Superman Movie, there is a very touching scene in which Superman/Clark learns the harsh lesson he can't save everybody when Jonathan Kent dies of a heart attack.
-Cut to the end of the movie, Lois is killed by the fallout of Lex's real estate scheme.
-Based on the "can't save everybody lesson" Superman/Clark should have laid Lois to rest and moved on to helping the other people victimized by Lex's scheme.
-He doesn't do that though, instead he's says fuck that lesson from earlier in the movie and travels backwards through time to save Lois, AND ONLY Lois from Lex's real estate scheme.
-He gives up his powers to be with Lois.
-After getting his powers back he decides Lois' hot V and her love weren't worth it and erases her memory.

Mariolee

I'm curious as to how his costume's gonna look. Will it look just like Kara's, but with long pants? Will it be a little closer to the current comics? Will it basically be the Man of Steel suit but with the Supergirl S on it? Will there be any yellow in there?

Be true to your heart, you only truly care about the last question.

Well you asked for it, This takes into account One, Two and Returns.

He's a Sociopath
-Superman's character, alpha, charming, confident.
-Clark is, beta, clumsy, socially awkward.
-Superman willingly gets rid of his powers giving up the superman personality conceding to a life as Clark so he could be with Lois.
-The above illustrates that both personalities are fictions. If Clark is the real personality he wouldn't be able to adopt the Charming and Confident personality as he goes around as Superman. If Superman is the real personality he'd kill himself before conceding to a life time as Clark.
-Being a sociopath is the only way to reconcile his personas.
-He strait up murders a depowered Zod and Non and has a laugh about it with Lois.
-After consummating their "love", he erases Lois' memory. Her Memory, a person's most intimate possession and one thing that can't be normally be taken from you, and he does it without discussion or permission.
-He stalks Lois incessantly after coming back from his trip to Krypton's remains even though he erased her memory.

He's ultimately Selfish
-Early into the first Superman Movie, there is a very touching scene in which Superman/Clark learns the harsh lesson he can't save everybody when Jonathan Kent dies of a heart attack.
-Cut to the end of the movie, Lois is killed by the fallout of Lex's real estate scheme.
-Based on the "can't save everybody lesson" Superman/Clark should have laid Lois to rest and moved on to helping the other people victimized by Lex's scheme.
-He doesn't do that though, instead he's says fuck that lesson from earlier in the movie and travels backwards through time to save Lois, AND ONLY Lois from Lex's real estate scheme.
-He gives up his powers to be with Lois.
-After getting his powers back he decides Lois' hot V and her love weren't worth it and erases her memory.

these are all questionable writing decisions but at the end of the day Reeves had such a good personality in the suit. And the contrast with his Kent was great too. He really sold the disguise so well.

It would be nice to get another charming superman again. That's all I want. Superman needs a PR manager when he resurrects in the next movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom