• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superman is coming to Supergirl in Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time.
nic-cage-435.jpg

yes

OrochiJR

Gold Member
I haven't watched the show at all yet, but if they cast Tom Welling I'll binge watch the shit out of it in anticipation!!!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Great. Now bring Kara to the Arrowverse and make a proper Batman show please.

CryptiK

Flash Season 2 spoilers:

If i understood correct, with Barry´s dad from Earth 3 was the Flash from the 90´s TV show where he played the Flash and basically made that show canon right? Soooo, there is only one choice....
No thats incorrect. Because in the TV Show he was Barry while E3 is Jay Garrick

Yeah, I'm really digging the idea now that they go after Matthew Bomer, have him play Superman in a two-parter that moves the Supergirl cast into the Arrowverse permanently, and then the show continues forward with no more Superman from that point forward. We see him, we hang out with him, we say goodbye to him, Kara ends up being the only Kryptonian in the Arrowverse from that point on.

matt-bomer-white-collar-superman.jpg

Sephzilla

So the Arrowverse can't have the Suicide Squad or Deathstroke because of the DCCU but Supergirl can have Superman? I fully expect Superman to die, Crisis on Infinite Earths style.

strafer

Yeah, I'm really digging the idea now that they go after Matthew Bomer, have him play Superman in a two-parter that moves the Supergirl cast into the Arrowverse permanently, and then the show continues forward with no more Superman from that point forward. We see him, we hang out with him, we say goodbye to him, Kara ends up being the only Kryptonian in the Arrowverse from that point on.

But what should be the reason he can't be in the same place? She travels through a hole and he doesnt?

Sober

Or they do the opposite and Superman gets 2 episodes before getting killed, leaving Kara as the sole Kryptonian in her universe (if you don't count all the other ones still floating around in the show). I could go either way with her joining the rest of the Arrowverse shows unless they decide to produce some 2 hour pre-season super crossover universe merging chicanery.

Aceun

Flashpoint Paradox to kick things off. Crisis on Infinite Earths as the mid season cliffhanger. Let's do this.

Use Routh

Reboot movies with him or just have him be Superman after the resurrection. Explain it away with a huge plot hole like everything else in those movies.

Sephzilla

Flashpoint Paradox to kick things off. Crisis on Infinite Earths as the mid season cliffhanger. Let's do this.

Oh god, this made me think of something about how this might all go down.

[Flash S2 spoilers]
In the finale of season 2, Zoom threatens to destroy the multiverse leaving only Earth-1 (Arrowverse Earth). After saving the day, Barry travels back in time to save his mother a la "Flashpoint" which causes an alternate timeline. After realizing he fucked up, Barry goes back in time to stop himself and reset the timeline. Maybe when he tries to reset the timeline again, one of the changes is that Zoom somewhat succeeds in destroying part of the multiverse which causes a Crisis on Infinite Earth's scenario which then brings Supergirl into the Arrowverse?

DeathyBoy

Banned
YES, MAKE IT ROUTH.

And have his first appearance start with him and Jimmy laughing at the time Jimmy posed as a CIA Agent.

SUPERMAN: Jimmy, you could have been killed...
JIMMY: I know.
SUPERMAN: Oh, you rascal.

uhm, how about the existing established Supermen you already have?

jesus fucking christ DC is so bad at this live action stuff.

They have already stated that the DC TV universe is a different universe/reality from the Cinematic Universe. Which is why Flash TV isn't the same as Flash Movie.

What is dumb about it all is how despite this logic they still have legal issues with bringing Batman (officially at least) to the small screen... but maybe this is a start?

If it was gonna be Routh they'd have just announced Routh. They're not gonna talk about their casting search if they already know they're going to just put Routh in a new suit.

kunonabi

I'd love to see Welling in the role just one more time. It would be kind of fitting to see him bring her into the CW fold and pass the torch as the CWs resident Kryptonian.

Thank fucking God. I have to guess that this is the result of recent internal changes on the film side of WB; Suicide Squad back in the Arrowverse next?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Routh aint happening, especially if this is going to be a Crisis event to bring Supergirl into the Arrowverse, because Routh plays The Atom.

I doubt we'll get a crisis event - the old 'Flash opens a breach when they need Supergirl's help' angle works better, and stops the 'WHY DOESN'T SUPERGIRL HOPE?' complaints.

matt-bomer-white-collar-superman.jpg

I wouldn't mind this. Bomer would be cool.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't see why Superman has to be some massive jacked dude, it isn't like he worked out so much to get that strong. I'd actually like to see something in line with the recent Superman: American Alien. He's obviously in shape, but not some 6'11" hulking monster. An older version of the American Alien Superman would be a perfect fit for The CW. It's only two episodes and he'll probably be killed off or removed in some way, so I'm not really too hung up on the interpretation. Just an idea, I wouldn't limit casting ideas based off an actor's height. They can get around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom