• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C4Lukins said:
Nobody is trolling you. Cirie is one of the least likable people in Survivor history. Unless you are her, then take no offense to it. It was great to see her go. She sits on her ass, plotting, waits to see what the consensus of her allies is, and then goes along with it or does this passive aggressive bull shit where she suggests someone else. I have seen some backstabs, but none felt as good as last weeks.

Thank you for answering for Mercury Fred.
What's it like to be psychic?

xbhaskarx

KibblesBits said:
What's it like to be psychic?

What's it like to think everything is about you?

First some dude is supposed to be paying attention to the type of character you like across multiple reality shows:

Fred I never like the people on Survivor/Big Brother that Gaf Hivemind likes.

Haven't you been paying attention? No? Oh well.

Next a comment against Cirie is just an attempt to troll you:

Honestly if you're going to attempt to troll me you need to work harder.

I'm guessing you end up on a lot of ignore lists...

C4Lukins said:
Nobody is trolling you. Cirie is one of the least likable people in Survivor history. Unless you are her, then take no offense to it. It was great to see her go. She sits on her ass, plotting, waits to see what the consensus of her allies is, and then goes along with it or does this passive aggressive bull shit where she suggests someone else. I have seen some backstabs, but none felt as good as last weeks.
Thank you.

You pretty much summed up my feelings about Cirie.

Jeff has always gone in depth with all people in Tribal Council. My understanding is that TC lasts for hours and is edited down to a fairly short thing and we don't see a lot of Jeff's probing and hinting at things going on. Just because the editing shows him calling out some behaviours and not others doesn't mean that he never called someone out for doing stupid shit.

Galang

Banned
ScrabbleDude said:
Jeff has always gone in depth with all people in Tribal Council. My understanding is that TC lasts for hours and is edited down to a fairly short thing and we don't see a lot of Jeff's probing and hinting at things going on. Just because the editing shows him calling out some behaviours and not others doesn't mean that he never called someone out for doing stupid shit.

Sitting at tribal for hours must be pretty intense. :lol

Worrying about if you're going home, trying not to slip up and saying anything that will piss another person off all while being asked a million questions. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Just watching tribal makes me uneasy especially when you can clearly see people tearing up.

Great episode. This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons ever. I'm in love with Amanda but this past episode I was drinking while watching the show and I came to the realization I'd give me left nut for a night with her.

BowieZ

Banned
^ :lol

That camel toe earlier this season was pretty nice, eh? ;-)

OmniGamer said:
This thread needs a tribal council :lol
:lol :lol

And yeah, Tribal Council real-time takes anywhere between half an hour and 3 hours. This is why they leave camp no later than sundown.

Galang

Banned
Me either! Most of my favorites from past seasons are on Heroes vs Villains except for Yau Man and Yul. At this point, especially on the heroes tribe.. I'm going to be sad for almost every player leaving.

BowieZ

Banned
Galang said:
Me either! Most of my favorites from past seasons are on Heroes vs Villains except for Yau Man and Yul. At this point, especially on the heroes tribe.. I'm going to be sad for almost every player leaving.
I'll even be sad if/when Tyson leaves! :lol

Enjoy the show fellas.

Galang

Banned
I can see Tyson clashing with courtney and a lot of people already. He has a very strong personality. :lol But maybe he'll learn to turn it down since the last season. So far so good, but we haven't seen as much of the villians tribe.

Yay @ Russell finding the idol!

Galang

Banned
:lol @ Coach bowing to Russell! I must be one of the few people who hate Rob, so I would love for this to actually work out...

And I completely forgot James was pulled out the last time because of an injury, that would be horrible if he got pulled again.

Galang

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Heroes losing streak = Zzzzzz Survivor.

The seasons that are so lopsided get really boring =/

Definitely. And before this season started I thought for sure the Heroes were going to sweep the Villians in almost every challenge. I really hope this is not a repeat of the last season. If I remember right, even the season before that was like this as well except the tribes got mixed up a lot.

All the Heroes have to do is win once and the tide turns...they'll create a rift in the Villains. The question is can they do that? Hmm.

ahh shit. We gotta wait 13 more days for a new episode. Two Wednesdays from now. NOOOOOO!

ErasureAcer said:
All the Heroes have to do is win once and the tide turns...they'll create a rift in the Villains. The question is can they do that? Hmm.

ahh shit. We gotta wait 13 more days for a new episode. Two Wednesdays from now. NOOOOOO!

If the producers make the immunity challenge a purely physical one, then it can happen. In the past they certainly haven't been above shifting the game when it looks like one team is going to run away w/ things.

Galang

Banned
ErasureAcer said:

I would hope that to be the case, I want to see more of the dynamic on the Villians tribe.

And ugh, didn't realize the next episode was in two weeks. One of the few things I look forward to every week lately.

So i got a call and missed the second half. Give me a quick recap. I saw tom walking off. How did james survive not getting the boot since he is hurt

Bauer Action Hour said:
If the producers make the immunity challenge a purely physical one, then it can happen. In the past they certainly haven't been above shifting the game when it looks like one team is going to run away w/ things.

Didn't they do an immunity challenge in the early seasons with who could make the best SOS sign. Lamest challenge ever...the weaker team won that as I recall. They brought it out again to try and balance another season as well.

I don' t think it matters. If you look at the Alpha male rift in the villains this is heading toward a girl power alliance eventually like so many previous seasons...or that's my guess at least.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
goldenticket said:
So i got a call and missed the second half. Give me a quick recap. I saw tom walking off. How did james survive not getting the boot since he is hurt
Heroes are retarded

ErasureAcer said:
Didn't they do an immunity challenge in the early seasons with who could make the best SOS sign. Lamest challenge ever...the weaker team won that as I recall. They brought it out again to try and balance another season as well.

I don' t think it matters. If you look at the Alpha male rift in the villains this is heading toward a girl power alliance eventually like so many previous seasons...or that's my guess at least.
I think you've got that right. Sandra seems dangerous. Hopefull Poverty (intentional misspell) is gone sooner than later. Gives me the creeps.

Y2Kev said:
Heroes are retarded
:lol

Pretty much.

Well, the episode was way better than usual now that Cirie is gone but I can't believe they got rid of Tom. I like James and all but Tom and Colby are my favorites on that tribe. Rupert has dropped from hero to zero for me and Candace has really made me like her a lot more than I did in her original season.

James must not be used to talking loud either. His voice was hurting by the end. And Boston Rob covering his crotch by the end. :lol

Galang

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
I think you've got that right. Sandra seems dangerous. Hopefull Poverty (intentional misspell) is gone sooner than later. Gives me the creeps.

:lol

Pretty much.

:lol I see the Parvati/Russell thing falling out eventually. I wonder if he honestly expects someone like her to ride his coat tail as he said. She's going to try to get rid of him when she's able, I don't see her beating him for votes in the finals. And the jury will not be as sympathetic this season if she does manage to ride his coat tail like Natalie.

Y2Kev said:
Heroes are retarded
Yep. This team cant win any challenges so they figure their best strategy is to get rid of one of their better competitors and keep the guy who can barely walk. I like the people on this team but they deserve to lose.

I don't think the heroes did themselves any favours by booting out Tom. By keeping weaker people it just makes the teams more lopsided since the villains can sit out weaker members. Loved Coach bowing before Russell. Coach is retarded.

The preview looked awesome.
Been looking forward to a big clash between Rob and Russell since the start.

I got through 90% of the episode before remember the boot spoiler I read past week. Spoilers this year have been all over the place and ruined a lot of my enjoyment for this season :(

bill0527

Zombie James said:
Damnit, the preview started on "...ednesday", I assume it's moving to Wednesday next week?

The NCAA Basketball Tourney will be on Thursday nights the next 2 weeks. No Survivor at all next week. Wednesday night the following week, then back to its regular time.

BowieZ

Banned
Another great episode with several knockout moments, although the end result was a bit... perplexing? J.T. seems to know what he's doing... but it's hard to comprehend the strategy involved. Anyone...?

Epic foreshadowing for J.T.'s demise in that episode... but I hope he and Colby wind up triumphant, as I do Coach, Jerri and Russell "Russell Hantz" Hantz.

Shalashaska said:
I got through 90% of the episode before remember the boot spoiler I read past week. Spoilers this year have been all over the place and ruined a lot of my enjoyment for this season :(
That sucks, although don't forget either that there can be no spoilers explicitly or implicitly discussed here, even under spoiler text. Cheers.

Hopefully for your sake, though, that the spoilers for later boots are wrong! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom