• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
Damn, some of these Jeff Tribal Council reactions would make great captioned gifs.

2qx8804.gif

21e7xx4.gif

I think as always there playing up the Russel preview. He'll probably find it and team up with Boston Rob and he'll be safe.

This season is awesome.

I disagreed with JT's move at first but I think it was worth the gamble in hindsight. Cirie had James, Amanda, and Candice locked up for the rest of the game, and him and Rupert were on the outs in that alliance. Knowing that, he'd either have to make a big move now or after merge when he can flip votes from the other tribe. The problem is, that any move made after merge risks jury votes, and is far more risky considering how alliances are much more locked in at that point in the game. Also, he is fairly sure he can get one of them to flip with Cirie gone, especially since Candice's only lifeline to that alliance was Cirie in the first place, and I am sure Rupert doesn't feel extra comfortable with that James-Amanda unbreakable bond. So he did the move now rather than wait later, and made Colby and Tom in his debt. He made sure he has an alliance he can count on to play his game rather than drift along playing Cirie's.

Great move. It could either win or lose him the game, but it was worth the risk. If he didn't do it, he'd be in a much worse position, especially with Parvati potentially lowering his position in his alliance even further. Cirie should have seen it coming, but she got cocky. JT does that to people; he is the classic case of the guy everyone implicitly trusts. He is a fantastic liar and strategist but no one seems to notice and just believes everything he says because of his character. Thats a hard skill to beat, and Cirie lost to it.

The big Russ v. Rob showdown is happening soon. Between that and the aftermath of JT's vote, I am stoked for next episode. So much hype.

Also: James is fucking ridiculous in challenges. I just laugh when I see him against anyone. Its always such a blowout. I want him around just to watch a speedrun of every challenge. :lol

BowieZ

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:
This season is awesome.

I disagreed with JT's move at first but I think it was worth the gamble in hindsight. Cirie had James, Amanda, and Candice locked up for the rest of the game, and him and Rupert were on the outs in that alliance. ...
Nice impressions, and I totally agree.

Cirie sealed her own fate by not getting her alliance to all vote Colby. They had to be - HAD TO BE - aware that Tom could play the idol. A silly move by an otherwise excellent player. (She definitely would have got to the merge without the blindside.)

Forceatowulf said:
Also, someone needs to give that Courtney girl a fucking Sandwich or two. Jesus Christ...

Yeah, she really does have a problem there - her body looks borderline anorexic.

ShyGuy

Tim the Wiz said:
Cirie sealed her own fate by not getting her alliance to all vote Colby. They had to be - HAD TO BE - aware that Tom could play the idol. A silly move by an otherwise excellent player. (She definitely would have got to the merge without the blindside.)

Yeah, she really does have a problem there - her body looks borderline anorexic.
borderline!!?!!

She's beyond anorexic and it's only what, day 9!?

clip

That was either some funky editing or Russel goofed. Why would he walk straight to where the idol was?

He should have gone the opposite direction down the beach, then went into the jungle way behind camp and swung back around the other side of the beach.

Jeff-DSA

I was so happy to Cirie go. For the life of my I could never understand why she wasn't the first to get booted. She's terrible with puzzles, horrible with physical challenges, doesn't do a thing around camp, and is pretty stubborn with the alliances.

Good riddance!

Galang

Banned
Wow at the vote! Didn't expect Cirie to be gone so early, but her name has been rightfully thrown around a lot at camp. A smart one for the sake of JT's game, but he's also right about Candice. He HAS to target her next as I can see her stirring up quite a bit of trouble. I've never really rooted for Cirie, but I never disliked her either. Ignoring all her gameplay, she's one of the "nicer" contestants that would seem cool to have around in real life. That's about it though, I was getting kind of tired of seeing her as she's become WAY too predictable.

And ugh, I can't believe how Russell went to look for that Idol. He could of tried to be more discrete than that, but I doubt he's in any major trouble. They always make it seem like he's in trouble in the previews. :lol He was lucky the villians won the immunity from my viewpoint as Rob seems dead-set on voting him out. I can't see both Rob and Russell in the final four at all, I would expect one of them to be going soon or early on the merge. I don't see the villains turning on Rob anytime soon however.

The Crimson Blur said:
This season is awesome.
Also: James is fucking ridiculous in challenges. I just laugh when I see him against anyone. Its always such a blowout. I want him around just to watch a speedrun of every challenge. :lol

It's so true and he knows it as well. :lol Everytime I see him up against someone, the outcome is obvious.

nomster

I like seeing Tom struggle a bit more this season. He shot through Palau without much trouble (until the marathon on the pole).

Rob is growing on me too after his man up speech to Coach, that was great stuff.

Purkake4 said:
Yup, shit's getting real.

Preview:
Is it Russel needing medical attention?

That person was tall and thin with some body hair.

That should help narrow it down.

I'm almost sure it was not Russ.

J-Rod

Is it just me, or was Sandra digging in the sand looking for the idol herself the whole time she was checking on Russel and calling him an idiot? "He is sooo stupid" *Digs in sand* "dumb, dumb, dumb" *looks under the tree*

It made me lol.

Purkake4 said:
I thought it looked like him, but I might be wrong.

Tyson then?

It looks like it is JT that does a massive body slam on someone. So I think it is one of the villains. Probably Tyson or Coach since they are the smaller ones. I think it is probably Coach. You can't ever tell because the body slam may just be a trick and not be the cause of calling medical.

Codeblue

Coolio McAwesome said:
Russel is way too concerned with the immunity idols. Apparently, the people on his team keep forgetting he's around because he hangs out in the woods all the time. I'm guessing he has been looking for idols since day one. On a related note, Courtney's impression of Russel is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA1vXHKVpHw

Courtney needs waaaaaaaaaaaaay more airtime.

jey_16

Banned
i thought the oil in the challenge was deliberate :lol Glad Cirie is gone, she was too much of a schemer

i'm 50/50 on Russel.....the idol is important but when the rest of the tribe agrees not to look for it (atleast in public) and then he goes off straight away digging, doesnt exactly put you in the best light. Obvisouly, if he does find it....it gives him a chance to swing some votes but he clearly doesn't have the type of influence/power he had in Samoa yet he is playing the exact same game? who knows, maybe it will work

Mercury Fred said:
Nah, probably the stench wafting off of Cirie.

Honestly if you're going to attempt to troll me you need to work harder.

Besides everyone knows Colby and Jeff were shacked up at one point.
So it is very likely some of Probsts probing has lead to Colby's holby having some uninvited parasites.

Galang

Banned
Zombie James said:
Seriously, she doesn't look healthy.

:lol

Courtney has been the only one to grow on me so far somehow in the little airtime she's had. I think Danielle gets even less airtime though. :lol

And Russell does need to take it back a bit, his obsession with idols is only going to make people accuse him of it being his only decent strategy like Monica did last season.

Best pert of the show was when Boston Rob said Russell was like Gollum with the way he is always obsessed with finding the hidden immunity idols. :lol

Foov

jey_16 said:
i thought the oil in the challenge was deliberate :lol Glad Cirie is gone, she was too much of a schemer

i'm 50/50 on Russel.....the idol is important but when the rest of the tribe agrees not to look for it (atleast in public) and then he goes off straight away digging, doesnt exactly put you in the best light. Obvisouly, if he does find it....it gives him a chance to swing some votes but he clearly doesn't have the type of influence/power he had in Samoa yet he is playing the exact same game? who knows, maybe it will work

The idols for Russel are both a blessing and a curse. He finds/plays them often which is definitely a strength, but having and relying on them contributes to his deluding himself into thinking he can just ignore much of social aspect of the game and win, which as we saw last season didn't work out so well.

Purkake4 said:
I thought it looked like him, but I might be wrong.

Tyson then?
I went back and watched it frame by frame. Looked like Coach to me. Even had the tattoos. But after I spent the time looking I realized they were probably faking us out anyway.

Galang

Banned
Purkake4 said:
"Break her shoulder!"
BowieZ said:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8079/surv20courtdancebig.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Perfect! :lol

Don't remember her being this amusing on Survivor China. I just recall people making a big deal about her weight, and her clashing with the poker player. All these years and I've never realized they had unseen footage online either.:lol

Preview spoiler I guess

I thought it was fairly obvious it was Coach who was tackled. I only watched it once but they show him right before the clip and it looks like the same person going down. My bet is it doesn't effect the game ala Steph's injury. Same with Russel looking for a clue. All a runaround.

Codeblue

If Russell's greed does get him into hot water he could talk himself out of it pretty easily. It seems pretty obvious that there's another one at the Hero camp, so all he would have to do is give it to Rob in order to leverage themselves in the merge.

Yes, I realize Russell will never give it up and would rather play it one week and go home the next.

BowieZ

Banned
bill0527 said:
Not gonna comment much more.. in fact, I should probably stay out of the thread since I know who the final 3 are and I don't want to slip up and ruin it for anyone.
Quite frankly I'd have preferred it had you not said even that... but anyway... yeah, props to J.T., though I think you're underestimating his strategic force in Tocantins. J.T. and Stephen were partners-in-crime the whole way through, except for the instance of Taj giving Stephen her idol, which was kinda out of J.T.'s control, but he soon enough consolidated his alliance with the two of them and from then on it was the J.T. and Stephen show.

Also, J.T. played the final 3 vote and his final tribal council to perfection, so I think it kinda settled the score of who was slightly smarter than whom.

bill0527

BowieZ said:
Quite frankly I'd have preferred it had you not said even that... but anyway...

Yeah I'm editing out because I don't want anyone to think that what I said has any correlation to my other comment.

I was just commenting on a pretty good move by JT. Had nothing to do with my subsequent comments.

I'll enjoy lurking and seeing the comments. Its fun to see how it all plays out, even if you know how it ends.

xbhaskarx

bill0527 said:
I'll enjoy lurking and seeing the comments. Its fun to see how it all plays out, even if you know how it ends.

Why the hell would you want to know how it ends before watching it play out for yourself? I'm sure I could go on some other site and find out, but that seems pretty retarded to me.

Answer that and then GTFO.

BowieZ

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Why the hell would you want to know how it ends before watching it play out for yourself? I'm sure I could go on some other site and find out, but that seems pretty retarded to me.

Answer that and then GTFO.
Actually, it's been stated earlier in the thread that spoilers are fairly easy to come by accidentally, such as in YouTube comments or the like. Which is why when I watch the episodes on YouTube I hide all comments and all related videos etc etc.

BowieZ

Banned
KibblesBits said:
Exactly.
He totally showed his true colors.
To be honest, I didn't really mean it, I was sort of making the joke on behalf of people who dislike Jeff's "interferences" in Tribal Council and his supposed preference for alpha males, but yeah I'm one of the few people who really appreciate and enjoy Jeff's tougher and tougher presiding over TC. I mean, I believe that's his rightful job. To expose the dirt, to question motives and strategies, and to potentially make people flip their vote if he raises a good point. I mean, otherwise, what's the bloody point of really even having a Tribal Council if nothing really comes of it? Why should they be scared of it? Inconsequential banter?

Not only that, but Jeff is right. It's survival of the fittest at this stage, and all the physically weaker players should have been the first 3 to be voted out (Cirie, Sugar, Rupert if his toe hadn't noticeably healed). Voting out Stephenie was a mistake, and voting out Colby would have been a mistake too. Jeff is right to point that out. Well, I would have.

A case could be made for keeping "intelligent" players because some aspects of the immunity challenge involve puzzles or clever skills, but in reality if this was a concern, it's teamwork that's the problem, and divisive people like James should be ousted (although ironically he was the one who was most vocal about needing better teamwork). Stephenie wasn't a poor teamworker so much as they have all been poor teamworkers and needed some better leadership, but James and Cirie and all the scheming alliancers seem to have created the exact opposite of a leadership.

BowieZ said:
To be honest, I didn't really mean it, I was sort of making the joke on behalf of people who dislike Jeff's "interferences" in Tribal Council and his supposed preference for alpha males, but yeah I'm one of the few people who really appreciate and enjoy Jeff's tougher and tougher presiding over TC. I mean, I believe that's his rightful job. To expose the dirt, to question motives and strategies, and to potentially make people flip their vote if he raises a good point. I mean, otherwise, what's the bloody point of really even having a Tribal Council if nothing really comes of it? Why should they be scared of it? Inconsequential banter?

The point is to send people home. Not draw out the social aspect of the game at the very last minute and cause a whole day's work of scheming to get messed with by someone who has the ability to monitor everything everyone is doing and tip the game a certain way by making choice comments when one of their pets, er excuse me... favorites/friends/lover/whatever is in jeopardy. This is what I hate about Big Brother too. The show will pander to whomever is believed an audience favorite instead of letting the game naturally take its course. The more Probst does this the less I want to watch Survivor which is good anyhow because Community is better time spent anyway. I'm about to ask the dude who knows who the final three are who they are and focus on Community now.

Not only that, but Jeff is right. It's survival of the fittest at this stage, and all the physically weaker players should have been the first 3 to be voted out (Cirie, Sugar, Rupert if his toe hadn't noticeably healed). Voting out Stephenie was a mistake, and voting out Colby would have been a mistake too. Jeff is right to point that out. Well, I would have.

In the long run it doesn't matter if they vote out weak people earlier or later. What matters is who makes it to the end and how they played getting there IMO. I also don't understand the whole tribal solidarity thing because in the end it is always down to three people vying for money. If times get tough, you dig in and keep playing your best until that merger if your current team sucks.

A case could be made for keeping "intelligent" players because some aspects of the immunity challenge involve puzzles or clever skills, but in reality if this was a concern, it's teamwork that's the problem, and divisive people like James should be ousted (although ironically he was the one who was most vocal about needing better teamwork). Stephenie wasn't a poor teamworker so much as they have all been poor teamworkers and needed some better leadership, but James and Cirie and all the scheming alliancers seem to have created the exact opposite of a leadership.

Everyone on that damn island is scheming and making alliances and trying to play to get that money. The people who fail or cause teams to lose challenges or bring problems into the camp need to go home first. That said, I still expect the Villains to clean up because the Heroes are just bad right now.

pel1300

Jeff Probst is an awesome host. I love it how he isn't "just there". He calls out people who say or do stupid things and makes fun of survivors who deserve it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
BowieZ said:

Agreed on all counts.

C4Lukins

KibblesBits said:
Honestly if you're going to attempt to troll me you need to work harder.

Besides everyone knows Colby and Jeff were shacked up at one point.
So it is very likely some of Probsts probing has lead to Colby's holby having some uninvited parasites.

Nobody is trolling you. Cirie is one of the least likable people in Survivor history. Unless you are her, then take no offense to it. It was great to see her go. She sits on her ass, plotting, waits to see what the consensus of her allies is, and then goes along with it or does this passive aggressive bull shit where she suggests someone else. I have seen some backstabs, but none felt as good as last weeks.

BowieZ

Banned
KibblesBits said:
The point is to send people home. Not draw out the social aspect of the game at the very last minute and cause a whole day's work of scheming to get messed with by someone who has the ability to monitor everything everyone is doing and tip the game a certain way by making choice comments when one of their pets, er excuse me... favorites/friends/lover/whatever is in jeopardy. This is what I hate about Big Brother too. The show will pander to whomever is believed an audience favorite instead of letting the game naturally take its course. The more Probst does this the less I want to watch Survivor which is good anyhow because Community is better time spent anyway. I'm about to ask the dude who knows who the final three are who they are and focus on Community now.
[...]
Everyone on that damn island is scheming and making alliances and trying to play to get that money. The people who fail or cause teams to lose challenges or bring problems into the camp need to go home first. That said, I still expect the Villains to clean up because the Heroes are just bad right now.
Fair enough; I don't disagree, I just find it added entertainment with Probst there. I don't really take it personally or have vested interests in certain players... I just want fun stuff to happen, and Probst is an unending source of that.

Also, I happen to really like Cirie, so don't think I'm part of the Cirie-bashing pro-Probst-pro-alpha-male group. I really respect her game and everything, and part of the reason I'd vote her out if I were playing would be because I'd be threatened by her, but mainly (especially if it was her first season and we didn't know how clever she was), I'd vote her out in a heartbeat because she isn't a physical asset.

Maybe you'd keep her in, I don't know.

Galang

Banned
I could never hate Jeff, he is doing his job after all. It wouldn't be the same without his interrogations at tribal council. That being said there have been a few times where I was annoyed with him, but more-so because I favored the player he was giving a hard time. I did think he went a bit overboard with Rupert, but at the same time there was truth in what he was saying.

And even if it's tempting at times, I couldn't spoil the final three. I can get away with spoiling things in BB once in a while, but only because of the live feeds and the spoilers only extend so far to begin with. The suspense factor being gone pretty much kills a show like this. The only thing I've ever skipped in Survivor have been reward challenges when I've had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom