• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

clip said:
I think it was posted before but I can't remember for sure.

This season was filmed directly after the last one, so no one knows anything about Russel, right?

Yes. And that gives him a huge advantage.

Galang

Banned
Was that confirmed? Some people were arguing that contestants might of seen a few episodes of season 19 before they had to go. In the first episode Parvati seemed almost too weary of him as if she knew his strategy already. I guess they could of been briefed on him beforehand? But i'm sure that even if none of the contestants knew who he was, they would of asked what his deal was when he got there. Especially seeing how he IS a villain.

And I think Russell will be a lot more smart about who he takes to the end this time. Though he doesn't have to be as weary of the jury considering they all have more respect of the game than most of the rejects from last season. As of now, Parvati really has no choice to follow Russell. Once the merge hits she'll definitely flip and try to get all the threatening players out first. Similar to what happened to Ozzy and James during fans vs. favorites, despite them being aligned from the start.

BowieZ

Banned
Galang said:
Was that confirmed? Some people were arguing that contestants might of seen a few episodes of season 19 before they had to go. In the first episode Parvati seemed almost too weary of him as if she knew his strategy already. I guess they could of been briefed on him beforehand? But i'm sure that even if none of the contestants knew who he was, they would of asked what his deal was when he got there. Especially seeing how he IS a villain.
There was no edited footage of Samoa to show Heroes/Villains contestants. However, I'm fairly certain the producers privately gave basic information about Russell's route to the Final 3 to all 19 other players, and presumably told Russell that they would be doing so, in fairness.

The question is, how much information did they give, and what about the fact that he found immunity idols without clues? We'll see next episode how Russell's idol cunning comes into play this time.

Parvati does have an undeniable charm and aura about her. I never saw her original season, so when I read a few people say she's one of the top contestants ever, I naturally looked her up. I thought she was attractive, but not especially so. However, after watching her in action, I am in love with her and I don't know why. I can't imagine what I would do if she was flirting with me.

bill0527

I read an interview with Probst yesterday and he says that nobody in Heroes v Villains cast had seen any footage of Russell before this season started.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=486126&affid=100055

ET: None of the players on the "Villains" got to see Russell Hantz's game before they filmed this season, so they didn't know all the tricks he played. Do you think that is to his advantage? And, do you think he is the biggest villain now?

Jeff Probst: In terms of the first part of the question, none of the "Heroes" or "Villains" had been able to watch Russell's season because it hadn't aired when we filmed this. There is an advantage and a disadvantage. Nobody knows how he played the game. Nobody knows exactly how aggressive he was in finding the Immunity Idols and things like that. The disadvantage is that nobody knows how he played the game and that makes him a big question mark. I think a lot of people are going into the game thinking: "We might just need to get rid of him because we don't know what he is and, therefore, we don't know what we can and cannot trust." All we said to them at the beginning of the season is: "Read into this. He is one of the five most notorious male villains who have ever played. That should tell you something about how he played in Samoa."

As far as the biggest villain, considering that Richard Hatch went on to become a felon and served time in federal prison, he may still hold the mantel of biggest villain, but in terms of just "Survivor," I don't think anybody is a bigger villain than Russell. Having said that, I think he should have won last season.

kylej

Banned
Wow Courtney hasn't gained any weight. I forgot how thin she was. That girl needs to eat.

Danielle has some nasty implants.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ScrabbleDude said:
Russell is an idiot because he went to find the idol? You guys are fucking idiots for ignoring it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Why would they ignore something like that.

i really hope Russell doesn't get shafted here :(

ScrabbleDude said:
Russell is an idiot because he went to find the idol? You guys are fucking idiots for ignoring it.

He's certainly an idiot for being so obvious in looking for it. All it does is mark him for elimination, like they said they would to the person that went to look for it.

OmniGamer said:
James sporting the UNREAL ENGINE 3 look

:lol :lol

Thank god Cirie is gone. I've disliked her since her first season so it kills me every time she gets to the end. Now if they could have just kept Steph and got rid of Cirie last week I would have been happier. At least JT made the right move this time. Little surprised James voted the way he did if he wants to win challenges.

Watch all the upcoming challenges be puzzles and mental work now.

I'm not happy she allowed those people to make her cry on national television.

Girl you are stronger than that group of dirty savages.

KibblesBits said:
Watch all the upcoming challenges be puzzles and mental work now.

I'm not happy she allowed those people to make her cry on national television.

Girl you are stronger than that group of dirty savages.
:lol

You're kidding, right?

KibblesBits said:
Fred I never like the people on Survivor/Big Brother that Gaf Hivemind likes.

Haven't you been paying attention? No? Oh well.
I don't know anything about your taste. Was I supposed to be taking notes?

Cirie is terrible and has been on all of her Survivor appearances. I was just genuinely surprised to see a fan of such a lazy, bland coaster like her. I thought you might be joking. My bad.

Codeblue

I dislike Cirie, but the Heroes just lost their biggest schemer. If anyone would have been able to flip Villain votes, it was her. The heroes have more than enough muscle, they always lose it on the puzzle portions, so James voted correctly.

They can't all win individual immunity, so this notion of preserving strength over intelligence is going to really screw them over.

Also I don't think JT will get far after the merge without Stephen there to guide him to the end. He's betrayed everyone on his camp now.

I hope some tribe switching happens after Russell finds the idol, it would be a shame for it to go to waste.

xbhaskarx

Yes! Awesome move by JT to take out Cirie, that guy is the man.
With Cirie plotting against Tom and Sandra plotting against Russell, I was afraid they would get taken out in back to back episodes.

I'd love to see a JT - Tom - Russell - Boston Rob final four.

Cirie is very good at the social aspect of the game. I wouldn't ever count her as a coaster, to do so is a disservice to people who really play the game. Once again, it's just more hivemind speak in my opinion. Everyone plays the game differently.

That said, JT won't last. He's gonna get caught if he keeps flipping.

I'm pulling for Russ, Sandra and Rob and Jeri now.

pel1300

KibblesBits said:
Cirie is very good at the social aspect of the game. I wouldn't ever count her as a coaster, to do so is a disservice to people who really play the game. Once again, it's just more hivemind speak in my opinion. Everyone plays the game differently.

That said, JT won't last. He's gonna get caught if he keeps flipping.

I'm pulling for Russ, Sandra and Rob and Jeri now.

who is the lady in your avatar?

BowieZ

Banned
Another great, great episode. Even though there were two challenges and not as much camp life shown, this time, the pacing was still immaculate, with an acceleration of tension until the more-or-less twist ending!

I thought it was pretty neat how Cirie had the post-challenge confessional where she made it seem like it was inevitable that Tom would go, but the tables soon turned for her... in fact, in terms of actual gameplay, Cirie definitely sealed her own fate by overplaying her convictions, which justifies the notion of this being a game of skill more than luck.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I liked Coach at first.. but after that cry baby bullshit I am officially off that bandwagon. Fucking disgraceful.

Good to see King Russ is good for another episode, but he better find that idol or he's fucked. Villains don't stand a chance in physical challenges, so I seriously doubt they win next week. Come on King Russell, work your hidden idol magic baby!

Also, someone needs to give that Courtney girl a fucking Sandwich or two. Jesus Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom