• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Thaedolus said:
While I'm pretty pissed about this unannounced delay, this reasoning doesn't work with me. To me 45 dollars is more than reasonable for Portal, TF2 and Episode 2. Having HL2 + Episode 1 thrown in for those who haven't played htme is just a bonus, especially when they let you transfer (my bro hasn't played Episode 1 yet, so it works for us)

Anyway, fuck Valve's lack of information

Okay, but if the Black Box comes out later with TF2-Portal-Ep.2 for say, 40 bucks, then yeah, I'm personally paying a premium for the beta because HL2 and Ep.1 are worthless to me.

Hey guys, beta releasing "in the next hour or two."

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48987

Update: Speaking in a Shacknews group chat room on The Steam Community, Valve employee Erik Johnson has told the Shacknews the maddeningly unreleased Team Fortress 2 beta is almost here. Valve is having difficulties with the dedicated Linux server software, causing a delay.

Currently, the Windows server software is available through the HLDS Update tool available on the Steam website, but the Linux software is not ready. If the company cannot get the Linux server up within "the next hour or two," it will simply release the game for play on Windows servers only.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Doc Holliday said:
Its preoloading!

4pjun92.gif

Proven

Shit, I was watching TV. Now I don't know if I got that small update or not. I've restarted, and nothing's happened, so either I already have it or won't for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom