• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):
It's bad enough as it is and one DRM policy is worse than we know.

Is Microsoft purposely setting themselves up for failure. I mean, wtf?

Barakov

Gold Member
I really don't know how they could make their DRM even more draconian. But it seems MS has found a way.

Also Sony battening down the hatches is really crazy given how leaky they've been in the past. This week is going to be absolutely bananas.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The best part of cboat posts are the people who have never been exposed to cboat posts, and are therefor utterly befuddled.

You learn to read it.

I hate the people asking for translate, and then someone actually does it.

What the fuck?

It's bad enough as it is and one DRM policy is worse than we know.

Is Microsoft purposely setting themselves up for failure. I mean, wtf?

It's hard to imagine anything worse than what we know. Blood samples? Retinal scans with the kinect?

Bebpo

Banned
Pretty big bummer that DR3 is Xbox exclusive. Wonder if there can still be PC versions of Xbox exclusives. DR2 PC release was great.

Calibus

Microsoft is actively attempting to make sure that multi-platform titles do not mention the PS4 version ("buying" the non-mentions--presumably by offering incentives). As a result, there will be titles that do not have a PS4 version mentioned, but are arriving on PS4. Unless exclusivity is explicitly specified, there is a PS4 version behind the scenes, but it's not being discussed.

This is truly disgusting.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

This is great news, some people wrongly thought that this was a driven by all publishers. The possibility that I presented with ms is pushing this for their own ecosystem more than anything is looking to turn out to be true. Hopefully the ps4 will have no system based drm so I could avoid certain publishers (the big ones specifically.

If I have to rely on your servers to play Watch Dogs ubisoft, then fuck you. I'm not buying it,

Thanks for the translation

You too

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The profits(or lack thereof) for Sony's gaming unit this gen would suggest otherwise.

Then you would be uninformed. Sony was stupid for investing on technology people didn't like to code for, and that would be used by almost no one.

Except Blu ray, which only worked for them like after 3 years after the PS3 release.

Also releasing the PS3, while losing 200$ by each one sold.

It wasn't for being generous.

Sblargh

Banned
Sony is not going to talk about DRM tomorrow.

Expect them to be silent about it until this Fall (or a week before launch)

The reason being is that they don't have to, they can ride the negative publicity MS is having until their own launch.

And then, when both consoles are about to launch, they will direct all this anger at them at once? How is that good?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They are easily the tightest they have ever been this year...I dont think there has been a single Sony leak this week

Maybe people are too busy searching for plans that aren't there.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm betting the exclusive stuff for the other Capcom game is Lost Planet 3.

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty big bummer that DR3 is Xbox exclusive. Wonder if there can still be PC versions of Xbox exclusives. DR2 PC release was great.

Basically, if it's exclusive to any console, you should expect a PC release also, maybe later on.

MS paying publishers to not mention PS4 versions of their games just to make the console seems its less for gamers?

I really dont like that, it bothers me.

HOLY cow. How can I read that? Shit.

Nice stuff.

ACTI really has money rolling in and not much piracy or returns on there big sellers oddly enough.

AKA they know how to make games to keep people buying.

Gorillaz

For Sony to hold off on DRM talk that means either they are still unsure on how to handle it or it's so minimal/easy to deal with that it isn't worth talking over

Camjo-Z

I love these CBOAT posts, they're both hilarious to decipher and drop serious truth bombs. Damn at these Microsoft revelations though. Just when you think Xbone can't get any worse.

kasane

I'm ok with dead rising 3 exclusive I don't like it anyway. But MS's giving incentives to NOT mention that the game will be available to PS4 is disgusting as FUCK. Hope publishers screw MS over that. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom