• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minions

Microsoft going to publishers with DRM is freaking ridiculous. Basically confirms I will avoid the Nextbox at all costs.

Microsoft is pulling a simcity (we need always online servers to run these games!!) when they are strictly there for DRM.

It's sad that everything is freaking confirmed that Microsoft has denied all along. The online requirement, the DRM, the paying off companies to show at E3, and likely the paying for positive posts....

Loudninja

Microsoft is paying third parties to not mention PS4 versions a la Sony and Diablo 3 (until they just announced it for 360 a day or two ago). If a game is not explicitly said to be Xbox One exclusive, it isn't.
I really cant believe this is real.

What a waste of money.

Sony is not going to talk about DRM tomorrow.

Expect them to be silent about it until this Fall (or a week before launch)

The reason being is that they don't have to, they can ride the negative publicity MS is having until their own launch.

They might not talk about it tomorrow but they'll have to talk about it way before the Fall otherwise they risk losing control of their message just like MS did.

It's best for them to lay it out as soon as possible imo

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

So they have absolutely no idea how to approach this yet? This really is a mess.

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

I have no idea what this DRM plan could be, but I'm already so scared... nothing can bring this feeling away.

3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow

...well that kinda helped it. Ha!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

So you're leaving for a while CBoaT? :(

DBT85

AuQ78qQ.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I wonder how hard those Microsoft managers are raging right now trying to figure out who CBOAT is.

No source is more trusted.

He was even encrypting his truth facts, not bad.

boingball

#TeamCBOAT
I believe crazy buttocks more than the MS marketing shills.

Worrisome that he has nothing to spoil from Sony regarding DRM. EA and Activision already have thrown themselves on the xbone train, so Sony you have nothing to win if you join.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, I dunno how some of you guys parse his posts. But if Mirror's Edge 2 shows up but is not exclusive I will be so happy
to buy the PC/PS4 version
you don't know.

Just please have a true sandbox mode, DICE. Time-trials are nice but I want to just Parkour freely.

Knoxcore

If the DRM is worse than what is actually revealed (and we all knew from the start the Cloud was their way of enforcing DRM) then that information needs to be shared with the gaming community at-large.

Voror

Well, this is disappointing to have confirmed, though not necessarily surprising.

Activision not being as supportive as the other two is interesting. Perhaps they are more aware of the backlash and as such not quite as gung-ho about it all.

The fact this can actually get worse is mindboggling.

Well, let's see how things play out tomorrow.

Coxy

In buttocks we trust, shame he couldnt get any info on sony DRM or region free, I am sadcared to see these even worse aspects to the DRM

scarybore

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow

lol.

Very interesting news about Activision, I'd like to say they have learnt from Diablo 3 but it's far more likely that they just showed some simple foresight as to how it would be received on consoles. Not at all surprised about Ubisoft however, they adore this type of draconian shit.

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

1. MS actively buying PS4 non-mentions. Unless stated exclusive there is lkely a PS4 version but MS moneyhatted to keep it quiet.

2. Stage 2 in depth DRM messanging @ Gamescom. No rental strat, no plan for support, just want to keep it quiet. Execs told to be quite as PR isn't spun yet. Total Clusterfuck

3. Cloud is just DRM, ala Simcity. MS Idea, went to publishers with idea, with MS and Ubi the biggest supporters, Activision not so much.

4. DRM TOS is worse than we know, but CBOAT can't confirm what he has heard with his sources since they're scared for their jobs.

5. Mirror's Edge 2, PoP, Dead Rising, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game, @ MS Conf

6. LIVE will require sub. Confirmed.

7. Sony might not require a pay account for online play? Can't really tell that one.

8. Sony really hush hush right now on subject of DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom