• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

How is this even a thing? What horse shit.
Think Diablo III 360 version.

We'll get proof the PS4 versions exist once retailers start to list it closer to release.

DRM ToS being worse than we think, cloud being a DRM measure planned and executed by MS (and not publishers), MS planning to ride out the shitstorm by keeping quiet, their insistence to keep the live gold paywall subscription even with all this DRM shit... this is just unprecedented. I honestly think Microsoft could lose this generation before it's even started simply due to the public backlash.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He is THE trusted source, bruh.

No source is more trusted.

He is the one guy whose information doesn't need no grain of salt. Dead serious stuff.

You must have never seen a CBOAT before. Once you see it, you'll believe.

Probably the most well informed leaker on gaf.

I can't imagine anything microsoft does tomorrow can stop the shittrain. It's nice to have one enemy to unite us though, reminds me of Watchmen.

The firm buttocks don't lie.

How else would he still be able to make these threads?

Yes, he's leaked a shit load of stuff. Completely legit.

Wow, are you guys serious? Seem like it.

Color me surprised!

What's with that style of posting though...? To make it harder for anyone to guess who he/she is....?

3. Be nice to Major Nelson, he has a job. Like Al Snow. (who?)

cboat is a pro wrestling fan. Al Snow is part of the J.O.B. Squad
snow_al2.jpg

scitek

harder to google, journalists won't quote him, it's funny, maybe people would be able to recognize his normal writing style

You can see his/her normal writing style in one of his/her first posts on GAF back in 2004 or 5.

Wow, are you guys serious? Seem like it.

Color me surprised!

What's with that style of posting though...? To make it harder for anyone to guess who he/she is....?

He/she's been here for almost a decade, always bringing information from EA and Microsoft - he/she leaked the Xbox 360's specs back in the day, I think, and also a lot of NPD data. Check out the post history.

Microsoft is disgusting. Damn fucking dick moves by them.

F2P behind paywall.
Paying devs to spread false info and only have Xbone versions on floor(probably to hide how much better they look)
DRM worse than before.
No rental plans in place(not surprised by this, I said in the redbox thread I doubt rental chains would ever be able to rent games.)
DRM was Microsoft's idea.

Fuck this company.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hahahaha, I can see it coming. I thought One games would stop working at the end of the gen. Imagine this. EA wants to sell you the new Battlefield game. Simple...turn off the servers to the old one. Bam. Game stops working permanently and they force you into buying the new one. Wouldn't that be worse DRM hahaha?

At this point I'm thinking that Sony will end up being the same...I wish I'm wrong but...I really get the feeling that both platforms will be the same.

raphanum

Ok, I have a question for the sake of clarity, however, straight off the bat, I'm NOT AN MS SHILL! I'm genuinely in need of clarification regarding the sharing of games with 10 friends and or family. Isn't that the same as lending a physical copy? I'm just wondering if the sharing is limited to a certain length of time? Also, can you both play the game at the same time while sharing?

I-hate-u

How would Sony even be okay with MS money hatting publishers and developers to hide their version of the game? They need to come out and say that everything announced by third party @ MS conference is coming to PS4.

Please Sony, bring the house down.

So for Microsoft's conference so far

Mirror's Edge 2
Dead Rising 3
PoP Reboot
Forza 5
Titanfall
Quantum Break

Could be a pretty impressive conference in content that gets people off of hating how bad their machine is. Hopefully the media keeps up their negativity towards Microsoft's policies even if they have a good show though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
"He has a job to do" is referring to "jobbing" in wrestling, which is to lose a match. Al Snow was also in a faction called "The JOB Squad."
Interesting, thank you for the clarification/added knowledge.

fake edit: holy shit this thread moves fast.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I can only laugh if they're really going to put World of Tanks behind a paywall. The 60 million people playing for free on PC will flock in droves.

Tamanon

Banned
Activision not being behind the DRM makes sense. Their income comes through DLC and other microtransactions. To them, a used game is someone else willing to buy Map packs and weapon skins.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I wonder if third-parties have to stay quiet about PS4 versions for a specific amount of time.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member

It's better to just create a mask for yourself to hide any semblance of real life identity.

Also, it's very hard to just Google his posts if they're so broken.

andthebeatgoeson

Imagine you had lots of information to get out there. But the people who wanted to keep that info secret constantly Googled the interwebs to make sure it didn't leak. How could you post it to the NeoGAF without it getting picked up by Google?
So the translators are hurting cboat?

Averon

So MS went to third parties about all this DRM and not the other way around?

Wow. This makes them look even worse.

Tamanon

Banned
Ok, I have a question for the sake of clarity, however, straight off the bat, I'm NOT AN MS SHILL! I'm genuinely in need of clarification regarding the sharing of games with 10 friends and or family. Isn't that the same as lending a physical copy? I'm just wondering if the sharing is limited to a certain length of time? Also, can you both play the game at the same time while sharing?

Not confirmed yet, but from the wording of their policy, only one would be able to play it at a time. It'd basically be like lending a physical copy that you have to keep within your family.

A pro wrestler in the USA. Not sure if you're familiar with that scene but it's basically a very physical soap opera. IIRC he was mostly a villain.

It's basically "don't be abusive to someone just because their job is to shine the infinitely long turd that is the xbone." Could also be implying that Nelson is actually dead against the direction MS is going but can't or won't "break kayfabe" for whatever reason.

It'd be kind of crazy if he quit.

Face (good guy) actually, for the majority of his career. Best known as the leader of the JOB Squad (to "Job", in wrestling parlance, is to lose while making the other guy look as good as possible). The JOB Squad's motto was "Pin Me, Pay Me!"

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Activision not being behind the DRM makes sense. Their income comes through DLC and other microtransactions. To them, a used game is someone else willing to buy Map packs and weapon skins.

Yup. I bet there are a lot of gamers that buy COD used and end up throwing down money on DLC map packs and whatnot.

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Banks?

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.
Thank you!!!

And thank you CBOAT!

This is truly disgusting.
Eh, Not announcing a game will also be available on the PS4 is one of the few things I don't have an issue with. Lots of third party (non exclusive) game's TV commercials end with an XBox or PS3 logo. Same thing, IMO.

You need to pay for Xbox Live Gold to play free to play games.

Now this, this pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom