• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution PS3 Excusive Free To Play 6/11/13

AAK

So what exactly is this tekken revolution thing is it something like that F2P chinese FG Xuan Dou Zhi Wang

We don't know yet. Most probably it's going to be the same thing as DOA5U (hopefully), or something different all together (hopefully not). We'll see when it comes out in 3 days.

Manbig

You think so?I think the movement animations are just like T6 (a bit too fast and the characters feel weightless).
I liked DRO because the movements felt like they had the perfect balance between weight and speed in any Tekken so far.It was perfection for me.TT2 felt like T6 (which was a disappointment for me) although i must admit i haven't played TT2 much.

I'm very sure. One of the main reasons that the gap between South Korea and... Not South Korea has widened again is because movement is very strong in Tag 2. Movement in T6 was very stiff feeling in general. I honestly can't point to the specifics since I mostly skipped T6.

Perkel

Banned
WARNING : RANT

Both games (vf and T) are shit and both didn't move a bit from their old best entries TK3 and VF2.
If you played Tekken 3 then all other tekkens were basically the same (with minor changes)

There is absolutely no progress whatsoever in tekken and VF.
Developers fear to much their fanbase to do anything that would change core of the game.

And thanks to that both games are now essentially dead (in comparison to publicity decade ago) and with each entry less and less people care about them.

They should completely scrap frame animation based system and do some new physic based system where every move would be a little bit different (procedural animation generation ?). Hit-boxes should be actual body parts and without proper distance management you will miss often.
Thanks to physic based procedural animation system your fighter would have muscles stats, body stats, speed stats which could be changed in realistic fashion.
Thanks to above you would be able to create new fighter and train him, With every fight your skill and your fighter abilities would be a bit better. You would punch faster, more damage, be tougher etc. All of which would evolve by your style of fighting. Like to throw 1-2 punches often and be evasive ? More acceleration to your movement and your 1-2 punches would be faster with every fight. Like to do reversals ? Your character will be quicker and quicker to do them and those reversals will be much more lethal. And so on. With each fight character also would learn slower and slower so top fighter after xxx-x fights their character progress on most used skills would geometrically slow down. Thanks to this top fighter would be different better/worse but that difference would be minimal.
Create some stamina system where players would actually think tactical and use their skills with tactic (rare atacks which would slower stamina drain or burst meaning ton of stamina used).
With exhausted fighter accuracy of attacks may fall and thanks to procedural generation of animation some of attacks may look and work a lot different than normal (full stamina) attack.

Controller should be completely bind-able even with full macros or even better, skills should be completely bind-able. Thanks to this game would be all about fight on screen not about fighting with controller. Every move should be configurable. Thanks to this you would be able to configure how high your fighter throw punches or how hard and fast he tries to hit (with stamina ratio).

From multiplayer side of it they could create fully working world leagues, competitions etc.

All above doesn't mean there would be no predefined characters. They would still be available but even with predefined characters each of them would still be responding differently to each player style and be little bit different. Think how awesome would be to start with self created fighter and work your way from league to league rising your skills (from character and player perspective as well) and then you reach Ironfist Tournament and fight with best fighters (aka old known bunch) and loose. Reaching again IT and loose again. Finally after perfecting your style and technique you will win IT.

I spend ton of time on TK and VF and i simply can't go back to them in this form. FIFA/PES/MADDEN or whatever yearly produced sport games have more progress in each game than whole Tekken from T3 till now.

And as fan of fighting games i am sad. There is sooooo much things that can be improved and yet with every new TK or VF we see same old shit. Changed a bit animations added/removed some moves, new graphic, new random mechanic (burst, tag etc), 2-3 new characters and 1-2 old ones moved into waiting room (for whatever reason), same old crappy stories, same old fighting structure (win 5-6-7 arcade fights or do some random fad attain title, dodge ball, survival etc).

I am sad now :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I like all fighters but I'm sorry, TTT2>DOA5>VF5
it's the truth.

Manbig

Both games (vf and T) are shit and both didn't move a bit from their old best entries TK3 and VF2.
If you played Tekken 3 then all other tekkens were basically the same (with minor changes)

Developers fear to much their fanbase to do anything that would change core of the game.

And thanks to that both games are now essentially dead (in comparison to publicity decade ago) and with each entry less and less people care about them.

They should completely scrap frame animation based system and do some new physic based system where every move would be a little bit different (procedural animation generation ?). Hit-boxes should be actual body parts and without proper distance management you will miss often.
Thanks to physic based procedural animation system your fighter would have muscles stats, body stats, speed stats which could be changed in realistic fashion.
Thanks to above you would be able to create new fighter and train him, With every fight your skill and your fighter abilities would be a bit better. You would punch faster, more damage, be tougher etc. All of which would evolve by your style of fighting. Like to throw 1-2 punches often and be evasive ? More acceleration to your movement and your 1-2 punches would be faster with every fight. Like to do reversals ? Your character will be quicker and quicker to do them and those reversals will be much more lethal. And so on. With each fight character also would learn slower and slower so top fighter after xxx-x fights their character progress on most used skills would geometrically slow down. Thanks to this top fighter would be different better/worse but that difference would be minimal.
Create some stamina system where players would actually think tactical and use their skills with tactic (rare atacks which would slower stamina drain or burst meaning ton of stamina used).
With exhausted fighter accuracy of attacks may fall and thanks to procedural generation of animation some of attacks may look and work a lot different than normal (full stamina) attack.

Controller should be completely bind-able even with full macros or even better, skills should be completely bind-able. Thanks to this game would be all about fight on screen not about fighting with controller. Every move should be configurable. Thanks to this you would be able to configure how high your fighter throw punches or how hard and fast he tries to hit (with stamina ratio).

From multiplayer side of it they could create fully working world leagues, competitions etc.

All above doesn't mean there would be no predefined characters. They would still be available but even with predefined characters each of them would still be responding differently to each player style and be little bit different. Think how awesome would be to start with self created fighter and work your way from league to league rising your skills (from character and player perspective as well) and then you reach Ironfist Tournament and fight with best fighters (aka old known bunch) and loose. Reaching again IT and loose again. Finally after perfecting your style and technique you will win IT.

I spend ton of time on TK and VF and i simply can't go back to them in this form. FIFA/PES/MADDEN or whatever yearly produced sport games have more progress in each game than whole Tekken from T3 till now.

And as fan of fighting games i am sad. There is sooooo much things that can be improved and yet with every new TK or VF we see same old shit. Changed a bit animations added/removed some moves, new graphic, new random mechanic (burst, tag etc), 2-3 new characters and 1-2 old ones moved into waiting room (for whatever reason), same old crappy stories, same old fighting structure (win 5-6-7 arcade fights or do some random fad attain title, dodge ball, survival etc).

You certainly are.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I still don't know, this seems weird...

I kind of just wish they'd focus their efforts on the next regular retail title.

rvy

Banned
This just seems like a way for the Tekken team to play with franchise mechanics in a way that doesn't earn them the rage of thousands of arcade stick owners. It's easier to fuck around with a F2P Tekken game than Tekken 7.

Virtua Fighter is and always will be a poverty Tekken.

TMtt6Pk.gif
TMtt6Pk.gif
TMtt6Pk.gif

Creaking

Why? You can get TTT2 for about $13 on PSN right now, with a million characters.

Siegfried, 59 characters is not a million. Now, I understand that you're from the 17th century, but that shouldn't be an excuse for your inability to count.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In terms of gameplay TTT2 is my favourite fighter this gen. In terms of content Mortal Kombat/Injustice is my favourite. I long for the day that a Tekken game will have a badass story mode like MK/Injustice. Not just a shitty side mode that doesn't actually use the main Tekken gameplay like T5 and 6 did. Seriously who thought Devil Within and Scenario Campaign were good ideas?

I don't expect it from this f2p game, but I'm hoping Tekken 7 will just go right ahead and copy Netherealm when it comes to a story mode. Tekken usually has awesome cutscenes so they definitely could do it well I think. The gameplay of the Tekken series will always be my favourite in a fighting game, but TTT2 was so standard in terms of content. That was my only real complaint.

Perkel

Banned
You should just get the EA UFC game instead of wanting arcade fighters to become simulation fighters with RPG elements.

Where i said that ? With changes like those nothing would change from arcade standpoint nor it would be simulation of realistic fighting game. Newbie character creation was just case of showing how career could be improved and how mechanics would work. My whole point is that Tekken is from next iteration to another a rehash and it is dying because of that. My ideas were just ideas what could be changed for better but developers chooses to not do anything. Their definition of progress is new character with shitty balancing, some animations changes and some random crap instead of proper innovation to gengre.

Arcade fighting is not learning animations/hitboxes/controlls it is all about skill in competitive environment. My proposed changes would simply shift mechanics from pixel perfection animation management to full focus on actual fighting tactic. With tekken developers introduced 3D movement which didn't improved at all from old tekkens focusing on same rehashed street fighter dogma nearly closing characters into 2D plane.

People loved TTT because it was fresh not because it was best fighter out there. Releasing game with next number on it where most of characters have most of the same animations down to every single frame is very definition of rehash.

You sound like dude closed in Q3 world saying CS is not skill based game. Skill is not based on source but on user. Both games have different mechanics and there is no answer which game has better players or is better skill based game.

8byte

Banned

Impossible that you played lots of Tekken if you think they've hardly changed, lol.

Creaking

Impossible that you played lots of Tekken if you think they've hardly changed, lol.

I agree. So many things changed from Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection to Tekken 6, it's silly to say that the series has stagnated.

Top Bottom