• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution PS3 Excusive Free To Play 6/11/13

Just what Tekken needed

RPG elements

As if just getting to grips with characters with more control nuances than a commercial airliner wasnt hard enough

Boxes of prizes, open with keys made of real money. Drop random stuff. There, I just made you some millions by solely basing it on the TF2 model.

oh...rpg... mmm

Dahbomb

Lol @ all those weird mechanics. Characters phasing/teleporting to avoid attacks.

Definitely not a TTT2 F2P version. My curiosity is piqued although.I have no idea what to make of it.

Dahbomb

Wait a minute I just read the PR for this game....

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

RPG stats in my Tekken? Special/Critical arts? I think someone said it correctly, this is testing ground for TxSF.

At least 8 characters are better than 4. Still though this is not really aimed at the veterans. I mean why on earth would the hardcore TTT2 community ditch Tag for Revolution...

I have no idea what's going anymore.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Interesting, this could be just what it takes to finally get some new players to step up to competitive Tekken. I'm assuming (hoping?) this is designed as a stepping stone, eventually leading to newer players migrating to TTT2.

Also seems like a good way to test the water with these "special arts" for a future Tekken. I have a feeling it could extend further than TxSF...

Fraeon

Calling it now... I'll bet that five of the free eight default fighters are Mishima based (unfortunately).

Yeah, it seems there'll be no Mishimas in the 8 characters.

Pretty varied for those 8 characters but that's still a paltry amount of them in 2013.

CSX

I already know how to win in this game.

1. Pick Paul

2. Put all points into Power

3. Land one deathfist (one hit ko)

EVOL 100%

The new details do not sound very good to put it lightly.

I'll try it anyway since it's f2p, but RPG stats in a fighting game was always a concept that I could never get. They fundamentally clash.

The new details do not sound very good to put it lightly.

I'll try it anyway since it's f2p, but RPG stats in a fighting game was always a concept that I could never get. They fundamentally clash.

I have a really bad feeling they exist to promote pay 2 win nonsense.

foogles

The UFC games made by THQ do contain procedural animation
Maybe they do, but it doesn't work during fights, which is where it matters. Maybe it makes a knockout look good, but then that's just dressed-up ragdoll physics.

and I'm sure the EA UFC game (which is what I recommended) will take that even further based on the work they did for Fight Night. Either way, procedural animation isn't going to happen in an arcade based fighter.
Fight Night *does* have procedural animations that do make a difference in the fights, and I agree that it's likely they'll try and do something like that. Whether it's successful or not, I'm not entirely sure. Not every boxing game they made in the last decade is exactly stellar.

I agree with your conclusion, though. The super-fast martial arts-based action that people want from a really hype fighting games is probably counter to a physics-heavy fighting simulation.

Sgblues

Things have taken a weird turn but hoping some of the new mechanics get to be super interesting and add at least some depth.

man i remember the first time i played tekken

yoshimistu and heihechi were my favorite

nina is one of the first things i ever jerked off to

Degen

1. pick King

2. max out the "Power" stat

3. ss3+4

4. enjoy your hard-earned win!

edit:
I already know how to win in this game.

1. Pick Paul

2. Put all points into Power

3. Land one deathfist (one hit ko)

Damn it Paul, quit stealing my thunder

I'm not really sure I understand all the skills you can level up. Power is self explanatory but endurance and vigor have me puzzled. I assume vigor is health but what the hell is endurance supposed to be? There's obviously no stamina system in Tekken so what would be improve by leveling up theendurance stat? I'm drawing blanks over here at the moment.

I'm not really sure I understand all the skills you can level up. Power is self explanatory but endurance and vigor have me puzzled. I assume vigor is health but what the hell is endurance supposed to be? There's obviously no stamina system in Tekken so what would be improve by leveling up theendurance stat? I'm drawing blanks over here at the moment.

I think Tekken Card Tournament had something like that. An endurance bar that would drain the more games you played, once it's dried up you couldn't play until the next day.

Could be wrong on the details of it though, I haven't touched TCT in a long while.

I think Tekken Card Tournament had something like that. An endurance bar that would drain the more games you played, once it's dried up you couldn't play until the next day.

Could be wrong on this though, I haven't touched TCT in a long while.

If it's something like that I might not even bother with downloading this. Limiting your number of plays is complete bullshit. I really thought this could be cool too because if I'm being honest, Tekken has started to feel a little stale for me lately. This seemed like it would have been a cool way to try to mix it up without affecting the main games but the more info we get the more disappointed I am becoming.

Raonak

Banned
since this is coming out so close to TTT2 I'm assuming its just a chopped up version of it.
with shared online

solo characters only - pay to unlock tag.
pay for characters. possibly free characters on a lol style type rotation.

free stages, since its needed for match compatibility.

edit. reads official press release. supers? upgradable stats?

fuck that noise. my idea is way better.

Where's the pay aspect of the game? 8 characters included free?

That's what we're all trying to figure out. I guess we'll just have to wait for more info.

Oh and Harada tweeted this:

BRSGf

Edit: Lili too:

DEATH™

My art side of me says they did well with the models...

My gameplay side of me is like Wow...

Color me scared... like really scared...

That meter sabaki stuff will just straight up discourage aggressive play...

jbug617

Banned
yeah I don't think this is meant to be a tournament game but something to lure the casual player to the franchise.

Top Bottom