• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
please dont be a barrier repair please dont be a barrier repair please dont be a barrier repair please dont be a barrier repair ...

Unless Nissan can skirt the regs and basically run an AWD car with the FWD downforce advantages, next year isn't going to be much better......
Their brake problem should go away with a working hybrid. The downforce/balance/cornering questions remain to be seen.

But TBH I think this tells us about as much about the concept as if they hadn't shown up at all. They'll get some data out of it, but it's a glorified test session.

Spookie

Right I've been distracted since about hour three, time to settle in like the rest of you for some of the night!

Edit: I jinxed it, we got an ad. :F

LoveCake

Eurosport commentary quickly descending towards madness

They are going to be babbling by 1am in the uk. Can't wait. :D

I know :D

Credit where credit's due though, it cannot be easy commenting like this for hour on hour upon hour, usually by midday (the next day) they can hardly talk because their voices/throats are so worn out.

I have seen people complaining on Twitter about them already! even commentating god Murry Walker could only last two hours, i know EuroSport have more than one there but even-so they never stop talking.

Dilly

Banned
I know :D

Credit where credit's due though, it cannot be easy commenting like this for hour on hour upon hour, usually by midday (the next day) they can hardly talk because their voices/throats are so worn out.

I have seen people complaining on Twitter about them already! even commentating god Murry Walker could only last two hours, i know EuroSport have more than one there but even-so they never stop talking.

I can't believe some people complain about it, it's part of the charm for me!

LoveCake

For people with streaming issues, just google "lemans 2015 live stream eurosport" i have found four that are a few seconds behind just now on the first page.

That #2 Toyota is hanging in there. Shame the #1 had issues...

e: First year I've gone with Radio Le Mans all the way... impression: They're fantastic.

LoveCake

I can't believe some people complain about it, it's part of the charm for me!

I know (really pisses me off when they Tweet the commentators) anyone can sit at home & moan, & anyone could commentate for a few minutes but hour after hour, no chance! even though they have guests in to chat it isn't easy, if it were everyone would be doing it.

Spookie

Watching this yellow flag zone reminds me of being a kid running through halls, slowing when you see a teacher before running again. :D

Only just got back in, have been waiting for the coverage to detail what's happened so far, but nothing yet.

Can anyone tell me the most important bits? Porsches and Audis all still seem to be running.

Juicy Bob

P2UAL.gif

*Mark

Only just got back in, have been waiting for the coverage to detail what's happened so far, but nothing yet.

Can anyone tell me the most important bits? Porsches and Audis all still seem to be running.
ok, from memory:

Audi #7, #9 and Porsche #17, #19 are the class of the field.

Lotterer set the world on fire at the opening in the #7, but he had a puncture at the end of his stint which set him back about a minute.

The #8 Audi spun out and wrecked the front end due to mismanaging a slow zone. They replaced the front end in about 4 minutes, but they're a lap down or so.

The #18 Porsche is still chugging, but had some minor issues. I think.

The #1 Toyota was by far the quicker of the Toyotas (though not quick enough to contend with Audi/Porsche), but had something(?) happen to the bodywork, probably ran into something/someone, and lost 4 laps in the pits. The #2 is hanging around, but realistically isn't going to do much.

The Nissans are still running, but the less said about them the better.

The #64 Corvette vs the World in GTE is going pretty well for Corvette so far.

The #19 Porsche (Webber) just took a 1 minute penalty while in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom