• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Have a little faith (or don't? lol)! I mean, maybe I'm just way too naive. But so far I've enjoyed all new Star Wars and Star Trek shows. Sure, some were more engaging (Andor was brilliant, imo) some were worse (episodes VIII and IX were rough), but I just couldn't find myself hating any of them. I'd rather get new content than nothing at all (especially if you can tell there's been thought and care put into it, which I feel it has). If I ever feel like watching the old series/movies, I can just watch them whenever, but there's no surprise factor in those.
He is trolling and making fun of people who don't like the show. Because Mana can't sleep if he don't defend this series against everything.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Have a little faith (or don't? lol)! I mean, maybe I'm just way too naive. But so far I've enjoyed all new Star Wars and Star Trek shows. Sure, some were more engaging (Andor was brilliant, imo) some were worse (episodes VIII and IX were rough), but I just couldn't find myself hating any of them. I'd rather get new content than nothing at all (especially if you can tell there's been thought and care put into it, which I feel it has). If I ever feel like watching the old series/movies, I can just watch them whenever, but there's no surprise factor in those.

This is exactly how I feel!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Pretty sure using Kylo’s theme is intentional.

The Stranger isn’t Sith, his master is the founder of the cult of Ren and the order of Knights.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Did the fat Jedi do anything in episode 4? Waddle downstairs to the Jedi commissary and eat some leftover pasta straight out of the container?

Nester99

I meant more for this episode.

Were the dead jedi, padawans? Or why were they so incredibly easy to defeat? And for the Sith to be so incredibly strong, he's far too young and looks silly without the mask.

They were not allowed to use the force

This is only my assumption as none of them did use it ..... /boggle

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The Stranger isn’t Sith, his master is the founder of the cult of Ren and the order of Knights.
It would have been cool if we could've saw them do something in these movies, anything. Especially when they cast some really talented people from The Raid.

3g8h763.png

Thanks for reminding me how big of a waste this new trilogy is.

Trilobit

Gold Member

RLM says that they could do something more subtil, like Robocop criticizing capitalism, or Ghost Busters that has the state fucking their private company. Still, both of those movies are the story in the front, not changing the force (again)

Watching it right now and it's the best thing to come out of The Acolyte. Quite balanced and surprisingly deep conversation about the show and the zeitgeist of our times.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm not watching this, but I have noticed a lot of the anti-woke types like that fucking idiot Nerdrotic are whining about how this show doesn't make sense, because the Sith have been extinct for a millennium at the time of The Phantom Menace... but there are Sith in this show (or Sith-like at least), which takes place before it.

To which my incredulous response is: the whole plot of The Phantom Menace is that the Sith have not been extinct for a millennium. That's why it's called 'The Phantom Menace'.

The levels of retardation people enter into, in order to complain/shill about Star Wars these days is off the charts.

Last edited:
I'm not watching this, but I have noticed a lot of the anti-woke types like that fucking idiot Nerdrotic are whining about how this show doesn't make sense, because the Sith have been extinct for a millennium at the time of The Phantom Menace... but there are Sith in this show (or Sith-like at least), which takes place before it.

To which my incredulous response is: the whole plot of The Phantom Menace is that the Sith have not been extinct for a millennium. That's why it's called 'The Phantom Menace'.

The levels of retardation people enter into, in order to complain/shill about Star Wars these days is off the charts.
How could it be a “phantom menace” if the Jedi had previously encountered them not that long ago? The fact that they are surprised about a sith in phantom menace is because they thought they were extinct.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How could it be a “phantom menace” if the Jedi had previously encountered them not that long ago? The fact that they are surprised about a sith in phantom menace is because they thought they were extinct.

So, has it been established in The Acolyte that the Jedi command have been told about what's happening? If so... yeah, fucking idiot bullshit. Makes no sense.

If not, then maybe they're going to make it clear that this doesn't happen in the episodes left?

Regardless, people can't be complaining that the Sith shouldn't be in The Acolyte at all, when they were obviously around prior to the prequels... otherwise the prequels couldn't happen!

22:22:22

Banned
For those "in the know" ..

What is... The FORCE?

i mean..

At this moment 🧠 🤡

Won't read unless it's 8 paragraphs explaining all the canon fuckery etc

Last edited:

Alex11

Yeah, I think that Sith were always around, is just that the Jedi, or at least the Order didn't know about them.

So now, that Sol finds out there are Sith, as that's what the evil dude calls himself, I assume that he's gonna tell the Order.
That is if for whatever reason he doesn't manage to reach them, which is idiotic if it happens, but sure, there are some "if's" and "maybe's".

jason10mm

Gold Member
So, has it been established in The Acolyte that the Jedi command have been told about what's happening? If so... yeah, fucking idiot bullshit. Makes no sense.

If not, then maybe they're going to make it clear that this doesn't happen in the episodes left?

Regardless, people can't be complaining that the Sith shouldn't be in The Acolyte at all, when they were obviously around prior to the prequels... otherwise the prequels couldn't happen!
This is why diving too deep into The Force and the Light/Dark side Jedi/Sith stuff is treacherous, as none of it really makes a lick of sense. Presumably there are quite a few dark force users, and either the Jedi Order rounds them up for "reeducation" or they get killed. Or the Sith, as an established 'religion' like the Jedi Order, recruits them first in secret. Otherwise you end up with the theory that the Force is 99% "good/light side" people and only a very few "evil/dark side" individuals produced any generation and they have some means of finding each other in a Highlander "The Gathering" style way that allows them to operate in secret.

Far better, for the fans and freedom for the writers, to keep Jedi and The Force as a side plot most of the time. Of the more recent Star Wars stuff, it's been the non-Force centric material that works MUCH better overall IMHO. Luke showing up to wreck shit at the end of Mando S1 or the quick episode of Ahsoka in S2 worked much better than an entire series focused on force shit. The Force leads to lazy writing, lazy choreography, force wankery, deux ex machina style "grit your teeth and Force your way through anything" shenanigans, and in general just fan divisive crap.

NickFire

Yeah, I think that Sith were always around, is just that the Jedi, or at least the Order didn't know about them.

So now, that Sol finds out there are Sith, as that's what the evil dude calls himself, I assume that he's gonna tell the Order.
That is if for whatever reason he doesn't manage to reach them, which is idiotic if it happens, but sure, there are some "if's" and "maybe's".
They were always around but in hiding. They followed the Rule of 2 after they lost the war. Master and apprentice, which I understand would usually lead to apprentice killing master and taking on apprentice, or apprentice getting killed before master got a new one. Sidious defied that rule by bringing on Maul, and that started the prequels and OG trilogy. Unless Disney cancelled all of that for reasons.

Regardless, it wouldn't make sense to me for anyone in this show to be an actual Sith who reveals such to a Jedi, unless said Jedi died pretty much immediately after the discovery. If there was some way to keep the Jedi away from basic communication devices between discovery and death then I could understand that. But I would expect any Jedi who learns the Sith have returned to spread that word very quickly, and if they did that would cut against Phantom Menace.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Is he Adam Drive, or will he become SNOKE and POKE. Cut in half like a Joke.
Since they played the theme people are speculating they’re going to retcon the Kylo comic and make him Ren. Bad Batch retconned the Kanan comic so Filoni has done this before. Or he’s Ren’s inspiration or something.

NickFire

He didn’t. The line was that a Jedi might call him Sith. He didn’t say he was. Then they played Kylo Ren’s theme at the end.
I follow Star Wars news but 'm not watching the show. If they are making the big bad someone from that line of force users it would keep things consistent as far as I know.

Moneal

I haven't watched the show either but I do know that one of the jedi, the pointy head dude, that knows about the incidents of the show was on the Jedi Council in the Phantom Menace. He was the guy in the Phantom Menace that says the Sith have been extinct for 1000 years. The only way that makes sense is for the people in this show being found to not be Sith out right.

Alex11

Very cool choreography for the fights, but uninspiring location, jungle at night, pretty boring.

I like the Sith actor or whatever he is, but I'm gonna call him Sith until he specifically and clearly says otherwise , nice moves, if he's the one performing them and great charisma.

But, Jesus Christ the writing, fuck me sideways, horror story, the evil twin changes her mind 3 times a day, the Jedi are fucking clueless as always, the only good thing is that the Sith appears to just want to murder as many Jedi's as he can.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I haven't watched the show either but I do know that one of the jedi, the pointy head dude, that knows about the incidents of the show was on the Jedi Council in the Phantom Menace. He was the guy in the Phantom Menace that says the Sith have been extinct for 1000 years. The only way that makes sense is for the people in this show being found to not be Sith out right.
He doesn’t know about the Sith. The channel claiming that was lying for performance outrage. He saw a hologram of a girl tossing daggers. That’s it.

Top Bottom