• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

Trilobit

Gold Member
This is 100 years before TPM. The High Republic was a time when the Jedi weren't like what they were in the Prequels, but this is at the tail end of that era and their decline has to start somewhere.. Hell, the first scene on Coruscant in the show is Vernestra trying to cover up a murder just because it makes the optics look bad to the politicians.

At some point we need to see jedis actually being competent and good as an organization. At this point what with the Disney trilogy, the prequels and now The Acolyte it seems like they have always been crappy.

Whenever I rewatch A New Hope I'm struck by its wonderful idealism. It fills me with an optimism few movies do. I like how Kenobi has an aura of wisdom about him and how Luke starts to believe in himself with his help. Those things are some of the core parts of Star Wars which the prequels sadly ditched.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
At some point we need to see jedis actually being competent and good as an organization. At this point what with the Disney trilogy, the prequels and now The Acolyte it seems like they have always been crappy.

Whenever I rewatch A New Hope I'm struck by its wonderful idealism. It fills me with an optimism few movies do. I like how Kenobi has an aura of wisdom about him and how Luke starts to believe in himself with his help. Those things are some of the core parts of Star Wars which the prequels sadly ditched.

I think when any organization made up of flawed individuals has been in a position of power for too long, even with the best of ideals and intentions, they're destined to fall apart or be subject to exploitation. ESPECIALLY if they are rigid and unchanging in the way they do things.

Trilobit

Gold Member
I think when any organization made up of flawed individuals has been in a position of power for too long, even with the best of ideals and intentions, they're destined to fall apart or be subject to exploitation. ESPECIALLY if they are rigid and unchanging in the way they do things.

Dogmas are easily created in such environments. Perhaps we need to get a movie in the Old Republic era or whenever the jedis were reasonable people. I'm getting a bit tired about the bashing of them considering how they were portrayed in the original trilogy.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
So I am rewatching this episode. The writers I feel did good in reminding the viewers that the Sith are a terrifying threat and much more powerful than any single Jedi. But I don't they stuck the landing.

Like the Stranger is practically Palpatine levels, but he also comes off as corny. Maybe it's just me.

Edit: there is def some horrible things going here

Last edited:
Top Bottom