• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

People were review bombing it on RT. Got down to about 40% before they turned off user reviews.
XyFpgSr.jpeg

As a huge Prequel fan I'm going to watch it

But I expect it to be bad due to the Feminazi Marketing

Jaybe

Gold Member
The controversial episode 3 that “breaks Star Wars with a complete redefinition of the force” is discussed on this video, move to the 1hr mark for it if it’s not time stamped

Coven of lesbian witches
Two mothers create two twin girls
It’s not the force, but a thread in the universe you can pull on
Witches are unwelcomed and oppressed
Jedi take force sensitive kids
Terrible dialogue

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
The controversial episode 3 that “breaks Star Wars with a complete redefinition of the force” is discussed on this video, move to the 1hr mark for it if it’s not time stamped

Coven of lesbian witches
Terrible dialogue

Uh Chris Gore never heard of the Witches of Dathomir. Guess the rage money is worth breaking the embargo on the 3rd and 4th episodes to rage over something out of ignorance.

GloveSlap

Coven of lesbian witches
Terrible dialogue

I watched this earlier and i was expecting something much juicier when Alan was hinting that they "made the force female" over the past few days. Sounds like your standard explanation of stuff like telekinesis. With that being said.....trying to explain the force is always dumb and this show seems to be as bad as most of Disney's modern output.

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member

Coven of lesbian witches
Terrible dialogue

So Kathleen finally made the force female and turned the Jedi into the Patriarchy. How fun.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
People were review bombing it on RT. Got down to about 40% before they turned off user reviews.
XyFpgSr.jpeg
How can there be user reviews before the general public has seen it yet? Pointing that out because someone will not think about that before commenting "I knew it was trash! Everyone is saying it!"

They should hold user reviews until it's been released! Sometimes can't tell a review bomb from an honest review.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Force Witches have been part of Star Wars since the Nightsisters were created in The Courtship of Princess Leia in 1994.
And they are dumb. They've been dumb in every iteration if them I've ever seen. Forget them and move on. Diving deeper into the mystic aspects of the force is where all this shit is going wrong. It brings out the worst in screenwriter mumbo-jumbo, it is probe to lazy story telling, and it's BORING.

Look at what has gone RIGHT with Star Wars in the past 20 years. Rogue One. Andor. S1 of Mando. All kept the force shit to a minimum and focused on good characters, good plot, and better aspects of Star Wars.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
And they are dumb. They've been dumb in every iteration if them I've ever seen. Forget them and move on. Diving deeper into the mystic aspects of the force is where all this shit is going wrong. It brings out the worst in screenwriter mumbo-jumbo, it is probe to lazy story telling, and it's BORING.
Yea but these idiots are acting like the show just invented them.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I am aware of the Nightsisters, is this consistent with what has already been established?
They’re mentioned in a few of the High Republic novels, but up to this point they haven’t been encountered yet. This is 100 years before TPM and even longer before all the stuff on Dathomir with them.

Vyse

Gold Member
I've never seen a first episode that promised so much with a finale that fizzled out so badly.

They had an almost IRONCLAD set up and cast (faux native casting aside) but somehow totally bungled it in almost every way, shape, and form.
That sucks. Was on my list of shows to watch.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Episode 1

This first scene I am watching: Wuxia inspired Star Wars - hmm, I'll give it a chance. It is a well-shot and choreographed scene.

Obviously an homage to the scene when Jen opens up on the restaurant in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. IMO it was a predictable conclusion

Edit 1: Oh yes, them High Republic Jedi robes from the books. Nice. Very nice.

Edit 2: I'm digging this gear shift back into traditional Star Wars with some mystery going on for a while now. I have a few theories, will be fun to see which if either wins out (edit: and I was right!). The cinematography at times feels like a slightly amateur aping of the OT, but only for brief moments thankfully

Edit 3: I just realized that's Dafne Keen. Man she's short

Edit 4: the dialog that closed out ep1 was bad. They should seriously think about editing that out in a "Starbucks cup visible in a Game of Thrones episode" style way

Verdict: good

Last edited:

Kilau

Remember folks, no hate watching! Hate watching is how shit ass Velma and broke ass Rings of Power got second seasons.
Apparently animated shows always get two seasons minimum? I don’t remember the convoluted reasoning. Amazon put way too much money into Rings to just walk away, even if it’s good money after bad at this point.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Episode 2

Ten minutes in: good, but I think Disney is skimping on the production budget more than they have in other shows

Edit 1: some great action. Plot moves along

Verdict: Good

I loved it

Last edited:

Toons

Watched the first two epsidoes. Enjoyed them both. Not mind blowing but well done. Im hoping they have enough meat in the premise to make the rest of the season flow well.

Toons

Look at what has gone RIGHT with Star Wars in the past 20 years. Rogue One. Andor. S1 of Mando. All kept the force shit to a minimum and focused on good characters, good plot, and better aspects of Star Wars.

Now were striaght up complaining about the force being a central theme in star wars?

Good god. No one hates star wars more than star wars fans. Sorry but the force is the foundation upon which everything else star wars is built. That isnt ever going to change, nor should it. Breaks are nice. You listed just some of rhe non force central stuff. But as the jedi say, balance between the too is better.

Sleepwalker

Coven of lesbian witches
Terrible dialogue

I'm not even a star wars fan and that spoiler made me grimace. Godspeed to you all who care about this franchise.

So funny how the lame chick gay meme keeps being truth.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
2nd episode was better.

Main actress is decent, dude from squid game is great.

Nothing amazing but far more watchable than Ahsoka.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Those shills on YouTube promised me this would be so woke the fanbase would be completely dead by episode 3. I know I’m getting old and all and may have missed the woke moments. Spoiler Alert: There are no woke moments in the first two episodes.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I was watching this with some trepidation but it's good so far... If you can stomach the somewhat cheaper production values (set, some SFX, camera work)... But it hits most of the right notes. Fight Choreography is pretty tight but that's not Rue doing the athletic kicks... Her stunt woman is SKILLED! I'm with it so far after episode 2.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt ... It's good so far. Not amazing but acceptable... It flows like a TV show and not a movie that was chopped up into parts.

Last edited:
I was watching this with some trepidation but it's good so far... If you can stomach the somewhat cheaper production values (set, some SFX, camera work)... But it hits most of the right notes. Fight Choreography is pretty tight but that's not Rue doing the athletic kicks... Her stunt woman is SKILLED! I'm with it so far after episode 2.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt ... It's good so far. Not amazing but acceptable... It flows like a TV show and not a movie that was chopped up into parts.

I already watched both episodes

Enjoyed them but we shall see if this becomes a Bait and Switch 👀

I feel like the CGI has been really good

The fight scenes has a Wuxia style to them which I really like

As someone who still loves the Prequel Era, I've been enjoying this show for that especially

But let's see what the consensus is after Episode 2 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom