• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Rangers?
latest

Nigga, nobody cares. This is rap beef, you have to provide explicit proof that it didn't happen to convince people, and even then...nobody really cares.

This is about the only time I'll defend Ether. Did Rockefeller die of AIDS? No. Was Jay-Z actually calling Nas up in 88 while getting chased through his building? No. But Ether still "won" that beef because those lines sounded hot at the time and no one actually cared enough to debunk them.

I'm not a fan of either one of these dudes but come on.

Ether was line after line relentless bars, attacks on jay as an emcee and his looks, sonning him, him getting killed on his own record by em, etc.

Had Nas came up with a mediocre diss and abruptly ended it with allegations that jay-z got chased out of his building as his strongest point, that shit wouldn't have held weight either and he would've taken an L as Meek did.

Ether and disses like it were in a different era and you'll never hear shit like that again. Not on that scale. There's no comparison. you pretty much had the artist's word, radio, and an allhiphop or sohh rumor mil. These days shit can be vetted online (drake's ghostwriter) or debunked within no time because almost everyone has presence.

Meek got killed because he waitied too long after starting shit and delivered a weak, convoluted response. He had a trump card and fucked up on how he brought it out, bottom line.

Well, if you think shit like "whiskers like a rat" are *~ReLeNtLeSs BaRs~*, no wonder you're backing a dude like Drake

Ya'll can have this weak ass beef...call it lamb
oxcDEN4.png

ReiGun

That nostalgia is strong. Everyone knows Time Force and Lost Galaxy were the best season. And Fuck Tommy

Fuck Tommy

Love how this shit 2015, taking selfies while styling on monsters

tumblr_nnzvb17ayh1ql41ypo1_500.gif
Star Ninger is going to waste on that show.

If you were about that life you would steal the flatscreen /s

Nah I get you tho

Also Comic book Stuff, So I like got back into DCUO this summer, and they seem to be trying to like line up the expansions, with events and like characters that are going to be soon relevant into comics movies ect. So last exspansion was the new gods and darkseid and stuff.

You think we ever going to see Granny goodness on screen, is the world ready for that?

I think we'll definitely get Granny. She's easily the most popular of Darkseid's minions.

Kuvira is real if you think she is, bro.

Feel better, man.

Breh, I ain't Toa.

But seriously, so I severed all communication with my family a good long while ago (not going into specifics).

I go into my financial crisis, I move into a shelter.

Father finds out where I am, has been trying to get in touch with me. First he calls my case manager saying everything was a misunderstanding and he wants me to come home. I ignore it because I want nothing to do with my family. My case manager approaches me yesterday, says my father has been trying to get a hold of me and he emailed the shelter administrator to try to find me (by law they can't disclose if I live here or not).

I blow it off again saying whatever...

By chance I decided to re activate my Facebook account to see what's new in the world.

.....I found out my cousin passed away 3 days ago (his younger sisters only child), she was only 22.

That's why he's been trying to get a hold of me...

Village

The world supposedly wasn't ready for OG Amanda Waller on the big screen. So, we might see Granny Goodness, but she'll probably look like Glenn Close from 101 Dalmatians - mature but thin. Though, if they do the Wall/Goodness fight, GG might look more like her original self.
I hope she looks close to how she looks in the comic, same demeanor and everything.
I think we'll definitely get Granny. She's easily the most popular of Darkseid's minions.

There is a lot of weird comic book stuff, but dark side, and all the new gods junk is some of the stuff I wanted to see come to screen. Shits just werid, its just really weird.

Also whens Animal Man

Trey

Not really close in older age, but when we were kids we were really close. I remember when she was born, her christening etc... So even though we barely talked recently, this shit is making me feel some type of way

That's rough, buddy. Hope things work out.

You gonna interact with the family again?

akira28

.....I found out my cousin passed away 3 days ago (his younger sisters only child), she was only 22.

That's why he's been trying to get a hold of me...

Immediate family being one thing. What about contacting your aunt and talking with her? Might make you feel a little better to share your pain, and would probably make her feel a little better too.

We lost another one

Cecil the lion's brother Jericho has died :(

condolences to the whole fam

Jericho my nigga I hate it had to be him

he was the responsible one, the smart one. He had a mean street rep.

he was basically Brother Mouzone of the jungle

he was the one that was suppose to make it out. he was going to be somebody

Jericho had a deal with the circus. He was about to be famous.

my man Jericho sacrificed his conservationist monitoring scholarship to provide for Cecil's jits....man I hate that it turned out this way.

wheres the dead beat momma at? smh
Holy shit..lol. Y'all terrible..

Jericho man...I mean as soon as he heard about Cecil, he wasn't acting right. Someone should have said something because he kept blaming himself, saying he was going to find the dude and everything. We should have seen this coming.
"I told Cee to stay away from those god damned dentists. I told him!"

akira28

Lil Cease was the lovable fuck-up, popular all around the neighborhood. Jericho was the former street heavy who wised up and was headed out of the jungle and into the university. But then his little brother was taken and he had to give up his dreams to try to protect his nephews and nieces.

edit: now they're saying Jerry might still be alive, just in intensive care. He was wearing a vest!

Lil Cease was the lovable fuck-up, popular all around the neighborhood. Jericho was the former street heavy who wised up and was headed out of the jungle and into the university. But then his little brother was taken and he had to give up his dreams to try to protect his nephews and nieces.
What about lion on lion violence?

edit: now they're saying Jerry might still be alive, just in intensive care. He was wearing a vest!

just got the word from the bird, he really did have the vest on. Told yall he was book smart and street smart.

my motherfuckin nigga

Order

Jericho should've ran straight home after they started shooting. He shouldn't have took the time to scratch off that lottery ticket. My man had a football scholarship and everything...

akira28

Jericho should've ran straight home after they started shooting. He shouldn't have took the time to scratch off that lottery ticket. My man had a football scholarship and everything...

If that hyena at the store had just given him his change instead of trying to follow his friend through the aisle, he would have gotten away before the hunters recognized him. They shot him for running though when he wouldn't stop.

If that hyena at the store had just given him his change instead of trying to follow his friend through the aisle, he would have gotten away before the hunters recognized him. They shot him for running though when he wouldn't stop.

Running through the 6
Running Running through the 6

kept it thoro

Fears for Cecil's cubs

Cecil's death is likely to have a damaging effect on his pride, officials said.

"The saddest part of all is that, now that Cecil is dead, the next lion in the hierarchy, Jericho will most likely kill all Cecil's cubs so that he can insert his own bloodline into the females," the Zimbabwe Conservation Force said.

"This is standard procedure for lions," it warned.

yo god damn, here I was praising Jericho and this nigga would eat children just for some pussy

akira28

yo god damn, here I was praising Jericho and this nigga would eat children just for some pussy

that's just fox news propganda.

Meanwhile, Cecil's cubs are likely to survive, even in the wake of the animal's death, according to one scientist who had been studying the lion.

The cubs are alive and are likely to be defended by Cecil's brother, Jericho, who may have fathered some cubs himself, said professor David Macdonald, director of Oxford's Wildlife Conservation Research Unit.

The cubs are not being tracked, and conservationists would have to find the adult females to find the cubs, Macdonald said.

Male coalitions -- often brothers -- oversee prides of females in lion society, and any threat is posed by external, incoming male lions, Macdonald said.

you see how the media ruins our communities, sets us against each other

Jacir

Running through the 6
Running Running through the 6

kept it thoro

Noooooo!! You took the words out of my head.

Running through the 6.

Y'all are too much. Nobody cares about lion on lion violence. I still run away from damn snakes. Those damn anacondas. Im never going to the Amazon.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Not sure why you even continued the conversation. I just let people like that be. You aren't going to change their mind. They think they are some magical unicorn and one of the "good ones". She probably has all white friends, will marry a white man and sit back talking about black people in the worst way possible. But one day, she is going to get reminded how black she really is and that shit is going to shake her to her core.

I honestly would love for it to be a Sarah Bland type situation so she can see how warped her view really is.

akira28

Nigga, nobody cares. This is rap beef, you have to provide explicit proof that it didn't happen to convince people, and even then...nobody really cares.

This is about the only time I'll defend Ether. Did Rockefeller die of AIDS? No. Was Jay-Z actually calling Nas up in 88 while getting chased through his building? No. But Ether still "won" that beef because those lines sounded hot at the time and no one actually cared enough to debunk them.

I'm not a fan of either one of these dudes but come on.

that kind of invalidates rap beef to the point of 'what the fuck IS the point?' This is some Millenial rap beef shit. You gotta do more than just say 'lol, you soft, you got peed on' with nothing more than tweets from strangers to cise shit and back you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom