• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I hate how the quality drops a lot every time I search for anything black related on Deviantart and how almost nothing shows up when I do it on tumblr.
But you don't draw no Blasian superheroes

78157-60105-silhouette.jpg

RedSwirl

The plot thickens...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-is-probably-still-alive-lion-researcher-says

As for the relationship between the two lions, Loveridge says, "Cecil and Jericho are not brothers, but male lions frequently form coalitions with unrelated males in order to successfully hold territories."

Jericho had been mentioned in an update by the WCRU unit earlier Saturday, in which Dr. David Macdonald wrote that Jericho, who had previously been mentioned as a potential threat to Cecil's cubs, was in fact helping to protect them.

"Cecil's coalition involved a partnership with another beautiful male, nicknamed Jericho," Macdonald wrote. "Jericho is as likely as Cecil to be the father of some of the cubs, so he has a stake in their survival. Right now, Jericho is in good health and he (and the lionesses) will defend the cubs."

Why hasn't National Geographic or anybody else done a Meerkat Manor or "Bears" style anime drama about a Lion pride?

akira28

Why hasn't National Geographic or anybody else done a Meerkat Manor or "Bears" style anime drama about a Lion pride?

BEcause lions get up to tons of non-family friendly fuckery. Like all the baby eating and wars of succession. I don't think the world is ready for Game of Thrones: Animal Planet edition. There have been tons of documentaries about lions though.

Numb

People go for Morgan Freeman but i'm all about that David Attenborough.
Didn't Oprah narrate something once? Did it go well?

andthebeatgoeson

Speaking of which I just found out there was a UPN HD channel. Mostly plays the Parkers.
If it still has that coon frog in HD, I'm straight going after CEOs with a rifle. I'm a lay some prime rib and a stripper outside their office and shoot them when they get out of they protected zone.

Oh wait, that's WB. NM.

RedSwirl

I'm 29 years old today. What's tripping me out the most is I'm now the same age my parents were when I was born. Can't help but compare myself now to where they were at that stage.

Luckily yesterday I saw someone post this chart some website made about famous people who "got started" at later points in life. That at least helps a little.

I'm 29 years old today. What's tripping me out the most is I'm now the same age my parents were when I was born. Can't help but compare myself now to where they were at that stage.

Luckily yesterday I saw someone post this chart some website made about famous people who "got started" at later points in life. That at least helps a little.

Happy birthday!

And yea I did the same when I turned 19. Couldn't help but look at where my mom was at in life at 19...which is a similar setting to where I'm at in life.

why is sucker punch and naughty dog the only folks that have voice acting that is actually engaging?

From what I've heard, good VA directors don't tend to work on video games due to the nature of the recording process, i.e. alone in the booth saying a line 5 or 6 times with different inflections and very little context. I don't know how Sucker Punch records their dialogue but the BTS of Last of Us shows that Naughty Dog has their VA's actually acting out the scenes, playing off each other which leads to more organic performances.

Rembrandt

Banned

happy birthday, fam

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-people-who-prove-its-never-too-late-to-chase-your-dreams/

look at all of these famous people that didn't find their talent until later years. no big thing.

why is sucker punch and naughty dog the only folks that have voice acting that is actually engaging?

No rockstar/GTA love?

Slayven

Are those the only games you play or something Lol. There's tons of games with quality voice acting.

I said engaging not quality. It makes me want to listen to them instead of muting and loading a podcast. There is a lot of good voice acting but doesn't help if the script is garbage or it has that weird disconnect where you can tell none of the voice actors even met each other.

A good monologue is great, but a good back and forth is even better.

jmood88

Speaking of voice acting, it is still crazy to me that you have all this Olde English stuff in The Witcher, then there's Geralt, Dandelion, and Triss sounding American as fuck (2 and 3, I never played the first one).

Slayven

Speaking of voice acting, it is still crazy to me that you have all this Olde English stuff in The Witcher, then there's Geralt, Dandelion, and Triss sounding American as fuck (2 and 3, I never played the first one).
Isn't the Witcher based on Eastern Europe stuff?
There was a time i thought that Geralt was voice acted by Person of interest main guy.
They sound so similiar.

He didn't shoot anybody in the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom