• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought I'd say this, but...Goku could get it.
440.gif

akira28

I'd like to hear the reasoning why this guy wasn't shot.
Assuming he wasn't.

nah they all went for burgers and beer later. Everyone in the damn pic was invited. The cops paid.

Cops get real sympathetic when you remind them of someone they know. Like man in the "my first time in jail thread". Empathizing like fuck, but let it be a police officer in trouble and 'he probably did what he had to do'.

Trey

I was thinking how something like reincarnation would change society. No long would be bound to the lives we live now.

As far as you know, you aren't. Even further, you can make changes to your own life at any time. You can reconcile what you can and cannot augment about the person you are. Philosophically, you can grow with mental rigor that may or may not land you in a better place of self satisfaction.

tmdorsey

I was thinking the other day how long would I or any other black person would last if they legitimately got an open carry permit.

zeemumu

I was thinking how something like reincarnation would change society. No long would be bound to the lives we live now.

If the world runs off of soul recycling, wouldn't that mean that the number of organic beings that you can be reincarnated into would have remained constant throughout all of time? Or is there a secondary system that determines when a new soul is made vs using a recycled one?

If the world runs off of soul recycling, wouldn't that mean that the number of organic beings that you can be reincarnated into would have remained constant throughout all of time? Or is there a secondary system that determines when a new soul is made vs using a recycled one?

Would probably just recycle a finite amount of immaterial(?) soulstuffs kinda-sorta-not-really obeying the laws of thermodynamics, e.g. spiritual elements would just take new forms over time, entropy, etc.

Also: soul eugenics.

Double also: spiritual IDs.

i'm not a fan of writing off entire races when it comes to dating in general tbh

like, where does it start? where does it stop? are you going to break things up if it turns out she's 1/16th Cherokee or some bullshit?

Trey

i'm not a fan of writing off entire races when it comes to dating in general tbh

like, where does it start? where does it stop? are you going to break things up if it turns out she's 1/16th Cherokee or some bullshit?

it begins and ends at whichever character trait you arbitrarily decide is emblematic of an entire demographic of which you blame for your failures in human connection and romance instead of looking within yourself and cataloging what you bring to the table.

ReiGun

It's dumb. Preferences are one thing; I'll admit to not being all that attracted to white women (at least, in comparison to women of other races). But I'm not going to completely discount the possibility of dating one should we meet and have a vibe. Can't understand that mentality at all.

Slayven. What's your opinion here. I was just thinking about Parker (and all that THAT entails) in the MCU, and had a thought. Do you see Marvel using Kraven the Hunter ever in a Black Panther film?

andthebeatgoeson

It's dumb. Preferences are one thing; I'll admit to not being all that attracted to white women (at least, in comparison to women of other races). But I'm not going to completely discount the possibility of dating one should we meet and have a vibe. Can't understand that mentality at all.
I have a hard time with preferences. Maybe I'm born with a different enzyme but people hide their racism behind 'preferences'. I can't believe someone doesn't find one "____" women or man cute and would smash. I could name plenty of women from major 'races' that I would wife in a different time and space.

Sure, but only if they handle it like the comics

When your squad jumps in, not to help you but to save the other guy
Oh, I'm good with that. I just feel like he wouldn't work vs Parker on film. Now, slap his mane in Africa somewhere..makes perfect sense. Obviously, I could be wrong..raccoons, talking trees and Ant-Man exist.

Just thought it'd be a trip to see dude in an actual flick.

Village

Sure, but only if they handle it like the comics

When your squad jumps in, not to help you but to save the other guy

"Save the bear"

black panther intro in everything is him beating the shit out of the established globe/universe trotting super team with all your favorite characters on it.

I need to see this on film

Slayven

Oh, I'm good with that. I just feel like he wouldn't work vs Parker on film. Now, slap his mane in Africa somewhere..makes perfect sense. Obviously, I could be wrong..raccoons, talking trees and Ant-Man exist.

Just thought it'd be a trip to see dude in an actual flick.

Kraven would be a good fight for folks that are jsut "human". Like Cap and Panther

ReiGun

I have a hard time with preferences. Maybe I'm born with a different enzyme but people hide their racism behind 'preferences'. I can't believe someone doesn't find one "____" women or man cute and would smash. I could name plenty of women from major 'races' that I would wife in a different time and space.

I don't think it's necessarily racism. If we're talking physical attraction, it's no different than preferring certain hair styles or body types. Granted, this is still very much influenced by media and culture (which are discriminatory as all fuck), but the existence of preferences for certain features in an individual is not necessarily an indicator of personal racism. It's only when you start tying those preferences to personality traits and stereotypes - like dudes who prefer Asian women because they're "submissive" - that you cross over into racist shitheel territory.

Shy

BCT |OT12| Lion is the new Black
There can be only one. And this is it.
In the spirit of posting things that aren't horribly depressing, he's a cute Mom and Son cosplay combo I saw on twitter:
D'awww. :)
If reincarnation was a scientific fact would society still be concerned with death and sucide?
o_0 you worry me when you say stuff like this Jubei.
MCU Cap isn't "just" human though.
No, he's made from pure MURICA. :p

zeemumu

Kraven can hold his own against a young spiderman he should be up there with Cap

I have issue with using Spider-Man as a scale because he's ranked way lower than he should be. Spider-sense should trump everything outside of super-speed and spider-sense specific powers.

Slayven

I have issue with using Spider-Man as a scale because he's ranked way lower than he should be. Spider-sense should trump everything outside of super-speed and spider-sense specific powers.
No one uses their complete set of powers like Spidey, that is what allows him to go from street to the big leagues. I could tell you shit

Spiderman always looks like he has the physical strength of Jubilee to mw

Sounds about right

tumblr_lqlq157ybk1r2qd6xo1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom